Winterfest 2006

cstrwomann

Has Winterfest been cancelled for this year? I no longer see it on the web site. They were selling tickets in June and now they are not. Didn't it work out good for them last year? Is it gone for good? I feel this was a good attraction and a good way of getting into the holiday spirit. I hate to see it go. I hope they bring it back in the future.

Which, IMO, is really sad. It had a wonderful atmosphere, and given a couple of years to iron out the kinks, could be a hugely successful event. We should know officially if they decided to cancel it by Labor Day. According to the press conference when they bought the parks, that is when they will have decided one way or the other.

Which, IMO, is really sad. It had a wonderful atmosphere, and given a couple of years to iron out the kinks, could be a hugely successful event. We should know officially if they decided to cancel it by Labor Day. According to the press conference when they bought the parks, that is when they will have decided one way or the other.

CF just probably believes that they're not good enough to make the event a success again.

That's OK, though.

Not every company could be as good as KECO was.

if paramount would have cancelled it - it would just be another terrible act againt our beloved pki - but since it was a CF decision, it will be heralded as a great move.

Why did Paramount decide to have it in the first place then? If Paramount would have cancelled it, then that would show that they don't have a clue. CF is just doing what they do best. By not having WF, they can have more time to do work on the park for next year, and BOY does it need it!

-adam12

Uh, I don`t think the park needs a ton of work in the offseason. Yeah, if they remove the Paramount name from the park, they will be busy with that, even more so if they ditch the Paramount themes throughout the park. But there is nothing major that needs to be done to the park in the offseason.

Yeah, that shop was still closed. Last year, didn`t games have a little bowling alley in that building as well?

There is currently still information about Winterfest in the park. If you look at the information booth under the tower, you will still find that Winterfest is taking place November 24th - December 31st. It is one of those posters that is listing all of the major events(Parade, NOF, FF) on it. Also, the ticketing booth inside the park still has its back window frozen over with snow on it. Other than in Coney Mall, was there much promotion for it anyway?

If there going to cancelle it somebody better tell the Great Wolf Lodge. Im sure they wont have a problem with that. Considering it played a role in them comeing here. Anybody else think of a reason to book a $300 dollar a night hotel in December. PKI only spent about 1 million on all the stuff that is jammed into every garage and closet behind the scene's.

Well, since Cedar Fair owns Kings Island while it's CBS and Great Wolf that own the Great Wolf Lodge, I doubt seriously that Cedar Fair cares one whit if it hurts the Lodge's business. In fact, they might even be thrilled.

It was also my understanding that those decorations were largely rented....

Lastly, if Winterfest was a major factor in the decision to build the Great Wolf Lodge, it's little wonder that company is in serious financial trouble....

Well, I think it is no question that WinterFest occuring would help out the Great Wolf Lodge. Whether it was the sole reason for them building there is highly unlikely.

While many of the decorations could have been rented, some (such as the sets on the train ride) were made specifically for Kings Island by Jack Rouse Associates. Also, there is the infrastructure upgrades that KI made that obviosely aren`t rented. The new lights on the Eiffel Tower, the lights on International Street buildings, the new sound system on International Street and onboard the train. But I don`t think they will have incurred a large loss by not having it again. That is part of the reason why the ice rink was run by an outside vendor. If the park decided not to have WF again, they wouldn`t be stuck with expensive equipment that they would never use again.

Why would you want to hurt the Great Wolf lodge?

Some tuff was rented but a lot was not. All the lights, ornimates costumes,trees are still there. Did you see it all get boxed back up and shipped to back to Orlando? Cf and the Great Wolf Lodge already have bad blood.

Who said they have bad blood? Simply because Castaway Bay is competing with the GW up in SanduskY? I`m sure that Cedar Fair would have liked to get the minority interest in the GW that CBS still has. Heck, I bet they would like to operate the GW as their own resort for PKI.

A bunch of the scrolling signs had Winterfest promotion scrolling in it. Not anymore. As of last weekend, those signs were taken out and they had nothing in its place.

That picture from Coney Mall that had a Winterfest poster in it has had the poster taken down and replaced with a CDBB poster. There are 2 CDBB posters surrounding that window now.