Ride hight ristriction...

becca011906

But when people get on my bad side I am censored.gif ! If you dont belive me look at mY signature " dont get on my bad side!" evil.gifcensored.gifdry.gifmad.gif

Kind of speaks for itself don't it? chef.gif

And I have to agree with S500. If memory serves me right, there is a little guest relations booth there near the Eiffel Tower. I could be wrong though - since I live in Louisville and don't get up to Kings Island much... That would be a perfect location!

I feel the park should have a centralized height checking location; the Eiffel Tower would be a great spot. It would work out great for the guests and the ride. dry.gif

Im not sure Parents would stand in line to get their kids wristbands when they know they can just get one at Greeter spots. I know i wouldn't.

I know when we attended disney parks last sept and dd was right at 40 inches tall i woudl have waited in a LONG line to have her measured 1 TIME Vs having to be measured 2-3 times at every atraction that she was "close" mainly b/c she was scared to death of being measured for some reason, she's fine now but still it was a pain!

There was a time when PKI did height bracelets at Guest Relations.  I know for a fact they did it several seasons ago.

Guest Relations has NEVER checked height! They have NEVER given out wrist bands either. PKI started using the wrist bands in 2002. You can only get them from a ride or a rides manager. Thats how it has been since they started using them back in 2002 well it might have been 2001.

Wrong. I have been with families on several occasions in the past five years when GR did in fact put the wrist bands on their kids. It may not have been policy, but it happened. Never means never (not even a single time). You cannot possibly say never unless you were in GR every moment it was open for the past five seasons! On the other hand, anyone who DID have it happen can say never is NOT the case!

And indeed, in this instance never isn't the case. Perhaps it wasn't policy, but it did happen. Further, in at least one of those instances, the kid getting the wrist band was a smaller version of a current poster on this board! smile.gif (And no, heavens, not me!)

The height stand was right inside the door to the left of the GR window inside the gate, the door between the GR window and the shop. And the first time it happened was in 2001. I thought it was a very nice thing that they were doing.

I suppose that this type of customer service became too much of a hassle, or more likely, there was a security problem with having the guests inside that little room all the time.

Then it was not someone from GR. They dont even have the bands to give out. It must have been a rides manager. Like I said before GR has NEVER given out wrist bands. Oh and GR doenst have a height stand I have personal put EVERY height scale out for the last 5 years. Oh and NEVER MEANS NEVER!!!

Then it was not someone from GR. They dont even have the bands to give out. It must have been a rides manager. Like I said before GR has NEVER given out wrist bands. Oh and GR doenst have a height stand I have personal put EVERY height scale out for the last 5 years. Oh and NEVER MEANS NEVER!!!

Actually, no.

Taryn and Angie Arnold both frequently measured little guests for wristbands. And last I checked, both were in GR at the time. Neither is still with the park, which might explain why this sensible procedure is apparently no longer the way of doing business.

In any event, if it's not being done, it's not being done. Perhaps this is another thing Cedar Fair can put on their list of things to consider...

Sorry. . .

Yeah I saw a height scale up at Group Sales at Cedar Point - as well as some signs at the entrance that have a line showing various heights - and what they can ride.

Yeah CP might have one but he's talking about at KI. Im 100% there has never been one at KI GR.

Yeah I saw a height scale up at Group Sales at Cedar Point - as well as some signs at the entrance that have a line showing various heights - and what they can ride.

Yeah CP might have one but he's talking about at KI. Im 100% there has never been one at KI GR.

And you are 100 percent not right.

In any event, no doubt, it soon won't matter . . .