Flight of Fear Brakes

kikevin

When I was on Flight of Fear today, I noticed about halfway through the ride there were brakes, and the train completely stopped for a couple seconds. Have these brakes always been there? Because I don't remember the ride coming to such a sudden stop like that.

as far as i can remember, it seems as if those breaks always slow the train, it happens about every time I ride it.

You may have stopped for an unloading delay, and that was to prevent the trains from colliding.

Well, back in 2001 after they removed the OTSRs, they were actually running FoF at Kings Island without the midcourse brakes. Personally, I like the ride better when the brakes are on, as it makes the ride a little longer (and the turn out of the brakes is a lot more fun when you are leaning on the side of the car). Not to mention that you still enter the slow down brakes with a great deal of speed.

a. The brakes have always been there, but as has been said, PKI did not use them for a while after the removal of the OTSR's. FOF ran with two and even three trains during that period...and use of those brakes was not necessary to do so.

b. Joker's Jinx and Poltergeist, the two outdoor clones of the Flights of Fear, do NOT even have the brakes there; they run two trains and do so quite successfully. The blocking brakes for those rides are far later in the ride...

lol, like omgz i know!!!11one!!eleven!!1one

lmao not sob **AND*** fof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I mean, seriously...I never get on somebody's case for bad grammar, but reading that was like nails on a chalkboard!)

I'm glad someone else said that.

It takes me more time to decode what one of those posts says than it would be to scan the entire board.

I'm thinking that poster needs a "gentle correction."