Me and so many others want King Cobra back!

beastrider5334

I cant figure out why pki would take out King Cobra to put in the Delurium, now pki has no stand up coaster and from what i hear over the net stand up coasters are some of the funniest coasters going...and the more coasters the better! Heres what i say expand some of the land for King Cobra and get that thing out of the weeds and put it back togethor so me and so many others can have the thrill of a lifetime, oh one more thing when i went to pki over the weekend i missed something so bad and later i remembered what it was it was when i was at 6 flags the week before and i rode the great stand up coaster Chang and after i left i relized i want to go back to 6 flags because of it,,,please bring KC back!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King Cobra needed to be torn down... sad, yes... but it was getting old and every coaster has to come to an end sometime... If I remember right... it had a lot of down-time before it was torn down... If you look upi King Cobra on RCDB it says that the track is still in storage and you can see it when you ride SOB... The trains are in the Outer Limits building...

Well, the fact that Togo was no longer in existance and replacement parts were harder to get for it is not true. Premier Rides, with whom Paramount Parks has worked with extensively over the years, is responsible for Togo`s North American parts division. The problem with King Cobra was that the park was constantly having to get replacement parts and the ride was becoming less and less reliable. It got to a point where the park decided that it was better to remove it than deal with all the problems. Much like an old car. At a certain point you will get tired of always fixing it and it still breaking down. You will then go out an buy a new car. And for PKI that new "car" was Delirium.

Well, the fact that Togo was no longer in existance and replacement parts were harder to get for it is not true. Premier Rides, with whom Paramount Parks has worked with extensively over the years, is responsible for Togo`s North American parts division. The problem with King Cobra was that the park was constantly having to get replacement parts and the ride was becoming less and less reliable. It got to a point where the park decided that it was better to remove it than deal with all the problems. Much like an old car. At a certain point you will get tired of always fixing it and it still breaking down. You will then go out an buy a new car. And for PKI that new "car" was Delirium.

Hmmm, you just described SOB.

Even though TOGO is still around in some type of capacity, KC was an older ride and through engineering advancements, the rides are significantly different today. Even though it was difficult to get parts, it is not impossible. But the question KI must of asked themselves was that: is it worth the trouble/ cost of maintaining the ride?

... obviously not.

rolleyes.gif have you guys that have no faith in stand-ups not rode Chang at 6 flags? if not go ride it because its new and one of the most outstanding rides being a stand-up,,,there not going out of style, heck Chang out ranks alot of coasters @ pki but not my favorite The Beast..

There is a reason that the last stand-up coaster was built back in '99. It is a gimmick coaster, just like suspended coasters.

I would be shocked if a new stand-up is even built in the next 5 years.

There is a reason that the last stand-up coaster was built back in '99. It is a gimmick coaster, just like suspended coasters.

I would be shocked if a new stand-up is even built in the next 5 years.

I agree.

Those Steel Coasters are kinda just a Fad too don't ya think?

Also I heard that King Cobra was made out of Japanese steel which isn't as strong as American steel. The fact that steel was getting weak was another reason King Cobra went bye bye. They used to weld that ride almost daily. I always seen them doing something in the loop area.

Also I heard that King Cobra was made out of Japanese steel which isn't as strong as American steel. The fact that steel was getting weak was another reason King Cobra went bye bye. They used to weld that ride almost daily. I always seen them doing something in the loop area.

I hear that Vortex is sinking too. <G>

Well, the fact that Togo was no longer in existance and replacement parts were harder to get for it is not true.  Premier Rides, with whom Paramount Parks has worked with extensively over the years, is responsible for Togo`s North American parts division.  The problem with King Cobra was that the park was constantly having to get replacement parts and the ride was becoming less and less reliable.  It got to a point where the park decided that it was better to remove it than deal with all the problems.  Much like an old car.  At a certain point you will get tired of always fixing it and it still breaking down.  You will then go out an buy a new car.  And for PKI that new "car" was Delirium.

Hmmm, you just described SOB.

My gosh, I had a feeling someone was going to say this! Can we PLEASE look past the coaster and worry more about the people who were on it!

I remember the last time I ever saw King Cobra, stuck on the lift hill. I made a promise that I would ride it in 2003 (before I knew it was being torn down) but of corse I never got that chance.

~sigh... and wooferbear, Vortex is not sinking.~

King Cobra needed to be torn down... sad, yes... but it was getting old and every coaster has to come to an end sometime... If I remember right... it had a lot of down-time before it was torn down... If you look upi King Cobra on RCDB it says that the track is still in storage and you can see it when you ride SOB... The trains are in the Outer Limits building...

King Cobra photos can be seen here. Check out that gallery for a Flight of Fear tour in which the KC trains were spotted.