More on How Cedar Fair Does Things

The Interpreter

It is going to stay that way too. In the press release they said they were interested in keeping Kings Island as a family friendly park.

That makes me mad. Thats all they care about is the little people, not thrill seekers. Instead of wasting money on family rides year after year why wont they make one year a thrill ride and another year a family and so on and so on.

-Thank You

well they make alot of money off those little kids and thier parents, food and merchandise, but i doubt pki will ever be just one or another.....

and while they are at it bring back the beer carts....lol

LOL

Pulling Beer Sales into the Stands was actually wise.

It was actually a safety issue for the folk that worked on the carts.

The bonus was that sales increased considerably!

Show... pffff..

If I wanna see a how I'll goto New York and Watch Cat's on Broadway... if I wanna have fun.. I'll goto an amusement park...

My opinion on Cedar Point gettign controlof Kings Island is that not much will change at all.. every year we will get something.. it might be crap like Nick Universe.. or it might be somethign cool like a coaster.. either way.. I'm looking forward to seeign what next year will bring as far as what new attraction will be added. I'm really not worried about rather Wht Cedar Fair's plans are.. i;ve looked at all of their parks and it looks like there was somethign added at almost all of them that I would want to ride.. Nick Universe... well.. I will be skipping that section when I goto Kings Island next month...

All i'm seeignon here is Cedar Fair is better.. Paramoutn is better.. Cedar Fair will ruin the park..

it's all bull..

I say we're not really better off.. or worse for wear.. at least Kings Island isn't being sold off like Six Flags parks are...

everyone should stop and think about that notion for a minute...

If paramount really ran the parks into the ground.. why would they seriously be considered as Cedar Point's biggest competition.. if they were ran into the ground.. then none would still be going..

I log in here every day sometimes 3 or 4 times.. jsut to see if there's news about what next years big thing will be...

Someday I'm going to open a park that is exclusively top-notch shows and highly-themed dark rides. The kind of park I would visit on a daily basis. Mark my words! biggrin.gif

I'm crossing my fingers that we'll see some more entertainment next season--I make it a point to see School of Rock every visit, or it would feel like a waste of a trip to me. I hardly even ride the big things (but man, I could tell you a lot about NU--maybe this all has to do with the fact that I have two younger brothers? smile.gif)

If I ran KI I would take out all the hollywood theming and the little people and family rides and put in bigger more thrilling roller coasters! If I were rich I would buy KI. Also I would change the slogan to "welcome to the king of xtreme!" I think I would run the park good and make tons of money.

P.S. I also find it interesting that since the announcement that Cedar Fair is taking over, two concerts have been booked into Timberwolf for August. Could we be seeing the return of a real concert series to Timberwolf as well?

What two???? Leanne Rymes* is the only one that was probably booked after the take over. That Aly & AJ concert was booked over a month and a half ago.

If I ran KI I would take out all the hollywood theming and the little people and family rides and put in bigger more thrilling roller coasters! If I were rich I would buy KI.  Also I would change the slogan to "welcome to the king of xtreme!"  I think I would run the park good and make tons of money.

Six Flags DID do that.

They even called it the XTreme Park.

It was Cedar Point's biggest competitor, in their own minds and in those at Cedar Point.

It was such a huge success that now it is for sale to the highest bidder.

It drew some, shall we say, interesting people.

And the families and people who were in fear of the interesting people stayed away.

And those XTreme rides often didn't work at all.

Where, you ask?

Six Flags Magic Mountain.

So wonderful that the last time I went (two weeks ago tomorrow), I stayed less than three hours, got ONE ride during that time, on their newest coaster, and left).

Oh, and you say you could care less about shows. That means you DO care some. See, even you admit it! smile.gif

P.S. I also find it interesting that since the announcement that Cedar Fair is taking over, two concerts have been booked into Timberwolf for August.  Could we be seeing the return of a real concert series to Timberwolf as well?

What two???? Leanne Rymes* is the only one that was probably booked after the take over. That Aly & AJ concert was booked over a month and a half ago.

Which was after the Cedar Fair successful bid was announced.

I remain convinced that Cedar Fair made some big moves during the time it was the presumptive new owner. We have no idea what side agreements were made at that time.

For the record. The shows arent lip synched. ( except for the dancers....) the singers however, are singing. you can always tell the difference by hand set mic, headset mic.

AND

House of Blues does all of Timberwolfs booking, so that has little to nothing with the Cedar Fair takeover.

And for the record (screamingnight) what you want is called an amusement park. Not many of them still exist. PKI is a theme park. THEME park. run that through your brain a little, and see if ya can figure out what it means.

I do think, you would hate being at PKI, if the theming was gone entirely.

and Cedar Points shows, are not bad as claimed, they do wonderful stage revues, they just lack on roaming.

The Nick theatre was still used for a nick meet and greet show two years ago, and the Enchanted Theatre is still there, while I believe it is storage for the time being, the same goes for Festhaus.

Why arent there more shows? Why arent there more people auditioning?

the fact of the matter is, if good people dont audition, there arent going to be good shows. College kids ( the magority of ent. ) don't always want to work in a theme park show.

Carmen Electra may have worked at PKI, but I hardly think she refers to it as what got her noticed......I can think of a run on the beach or a three page spread that handled that alot better than dancing in front of a fake Eiffel Tower.

rant over

yogi out.

For the record, Cedar Point's shows blows Kings Island shows out of the water. KI used to have better shows back in the 80's. This is why CP won awards from the IAAPA. Apparently, Interpreter, you are in the minority when you think KI's shows are better than CP's. Why is this so hard for you to understand? Where are KI's awards for their shows? There were NONE.

You must have me mistaken for someone else. I did not say the current KI shows were grand, only that Cedar Point's shows are even worse.

Obviously, this is a matter of opinion. I do think that those who think that Cedar Fair will put on grand entertainment are in for an unpleasant surprise.

doesnt matter whos shows are better, what rides they take out which ones they build or the price of pizza, they will do what they want, its thier business not ours, and i have seen in other posts around how people get mad at what the park does about this or that, if they get so mad then dont go.....

PKIBeast said:

This is why CP won awards from the IAAPA. Apparently, Interpreter, you are in the minority when you think KI's shows are better than CP's. Why is this so hard for you to understand? Where are KI's awards for their shows? There were NONE.

Umm....actually there are IAPPA awards at PKI for their entertainment, in fact there are quite a few....where are they, they are kept in the operations building along with our Golden Ticket awards.

In fact let me see how many i can recall:

*2 years running award Best Parade in a theme park

*At least 3 awards for Best Theme Park performer. Dave for Graveyard Shift, Jenny for Tuned In, and Patty also for Tuned In....and those are just the ones I remember

*Best Theme Park Show for Graveyard Shift

*Honerable Mention for Best Theme Park Show for Forbidden Magic

*Best Theme Park Show for Tuned In

And those are just a couple of the top of my head.

So PKIBeast...something tells me that The Interperter is not the only one who thinks the PKI's Entertainment is high-quality. Maybe its you who is the minority....or is that too hard for you to understand?