PKI Trams

coaster1robert

hi, welcometopkic ent, ral, you miht want tocheck out our TOS: http://www.pkicentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4128

Translation:

Hi, welcome to PKICentral. You might want to check out our TOS (terms of service): http://www.pkicentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4128

To answer your question, the trams are not running this year. I am not sure about the ACE discounts.

Anyhow, welcome to PKIcentral. It's a great place...just try to proofread your posts before hitting that magic button to submit the thread. It makes it easier on everybody. smile.gif

Trams run when it is very busy, if at all. And yes there is still ACE discounts. Kings Island, OH offers a 50% discount on admission tickets for ACE members by showing your ACE membership card. Also, PKI offers ACE members a walk-back for the first ride of the morning on The Beast. Meet at the special ACE a-frame sign located near the Season Pass gate (located between the Season Pass and Will Call buildings – to the left of the main turnstiles) at 9:45 a.m. Be prepared to show your ACE membership card. Each member may have one non-member guest for the walk-back.

I do believe I have seen the trams running this year a couple of times, on more busy days. Also, the ACE walkback A frame sign is now located immediately inside the normal gates, over between Guest Relations and the souvenir shop. (At least it was there when I visited two weeks ago).

Do you mean the north exit? Down by Top Gun? That is where they always park the trams. And they removed the tram circle up by the front gate last season. The new tram pick-up/drop off area was right where the two side of the parking lot and the main road through the parking lot meet. (Between where the main sign and front gate are located).

Was at the park on Saturday, and no trams were running. A sign at the parking tolls did say there would be no tram service. Not a big deal as the walk from the car to the front gate was not that far. My issue is $10 to park, but no tram. The parking toll is outrageous, and PKI should be embarrassed by charging that kind of money to park a car.

The thing that gets me is that the parking lot pavement is falling apart in many areas (especially up by the south exit onto Kings Island Drive. You would think with parking fees being what they are they could at least keep the parking lot free of crater sized potholes.

Well, now. $9 to park at Cedar Point. Let me count the trams. I'm done now.

$8 to park at Dorney. Let me count the trams. I'm done now.

I have no clue what it costs to park at Valleyfair, Worlds of Fun or at Knott's Berry Farm, but I know how many trams they have.

I wouldn't be expecting Cedar Fair to run the trams.

That's just me, but it doesn't seem bloody likely.

What is likely is they will greatly increase staffing in the lot (with people to direct you to an empty space), they will repair the pavement and make general improvements. And I doubt the parking price goes down. In fact, I would not be surprised to see them start charging for parking on all season passes at KI, regardless of when purchased.

I remember when Kings Island said not to long ago they were going to make the paring lot look like a Busch Garden parking lot. With lots of trees and plants and landscapeing. I do belive the trees were planted they are just little right now.

-Jake

I remember when Kings Island said not to long ago they were going to make the paring lot look like a Busch Garden parking lot. With lots of trees and plants and landscapeing. I do belive the trees were planted they are just little right now.

-Jake

Are little trees buschs?

--The Interpreter, running for the door

Well, now.  $9 to park at Cedar Point.

Everyone gets that wrong. Parking at CP only cost $8.50! But to get there you must take either the causway or the chause which is $.50 toll. Instead of two toll barriers they only have one and combine the two to make $9. Look at a CP parking ticket, its on there.

Are little trees buschs?

--The Interpreter, running for the door

Haha. Brilliant.

Looks like the trams are gone for good, or at least, their stomping grounds are in need of a serious re-remodeling if they were to return. I'm pretty sure I saw new posts in the ground to stop guests from driving down the center tram road toward the bus stop. Ah well!

And speaking of prices, Walt Disney World charges six or eight dollars for parking, and have two or three enormous (like, ten cars per tram, six or eight rows per car) trams per park. Then again, it is Disney, and Kings Island could probably fit in any of those lots...maybe they cut costs by making everyone hit their heads on those obscenely low ceilings when getting off the trams? Seems like a sound business model to me.

Well, now.  $9 to park at Cedar Point.

Everyone gets that wrong. Parking at CP only cost $8.50! But to get there you must take either the causway or the chause which is $.50 toll. Instead of two toll barriers they only have one and combine the two to make $9. Look at a CP parking ticket, its on there.

I know it's on there. Who owns the causeway?

If Six Flags were to break out their costs of doing business, does it make any difference?

The fact of the matter is that it costs $9 for one day parking at Cedar Point. You cannot park there for $8.50. (At least not if you go in the main entrance. . .which most park attendees think is the only entrance. . .)

A revolutionary idea for Kings Island minus the revolutionary part. FREE parking and FREE soft drinks should be implemented like they do at Holiday World. Some of the first things you hear from people whom have visited Holiday World is the free parking and free soft drinks. The walking isn't the problem for me either at Kings Island, it's the fact of the matter "Where in the World is this money going?". It certainly is not going into the upkeep of the parking lot itself so it must be going towards something, what I have no idea. Maybe it went to paying the gentleman who's voice you hear at the front gate beats me? huh.gif

I don’t know if the trams used to drop you off at the Exclusive goldpass Entrance to Boomerang Bay parking lot but that would have been great since there is no pedestrian walk way from outside the main gate entrance to bay entrance. And after the water park closes I usually go to the other side and I don’t think there is a lot of parking left at the main side by then. Its gets crazy when the park closes with all the traffic and a lot of visitors in a rush to get out of there. I don’t know why they don’t make a way that you can get off the train and have a way to go directly to the parking lot there or even be able to walk the path thru the park to go directly to the parking lot. I think it is unsafe to walk down the road when the park closes because everyone is tired and traffic is bumper to bumper the trams would have made that a little safer if they were allow to drive down the employee entrance road to drop guest off in that area. And traffic may flow a little better since cars would be in that area and can use a different exit.