PKICentral History Update

Welcome to the newly revised PKICentral.com History Section! Singlehandedly the largest collection of Kings Island information and media available anywhere. Now more detailed and with brand new content featuring the Brady Bunch at Kings Island, how the park was born, the people responsible for running the park, FearFest and Winterfest, maps, brochures, shows and entertainment, historical videos and much much more!

Credits for the PKICentral.com history section goes to Robbie Zerhusen (CoastersRZ), Dane Thomas, Andy Eilerman, Chris Cowan, Gabriel Zelazny, Aaron Bort (PKIVortex), Ryan Suhr, Charles Infosino, Jeff Seibert, Shaggy, WooferBearATL, everyone who has contributed photos, and the rest of the marketing crew!

Check it out by starting here!

In 2000, the 10 most popular rides were: (1) The Racer [2,081,115 riders], (2) Adventure Express [1,322,188 riders], (3) Vortex [1,288,492 riders], (4) The Beast [1,143,739 riders], (5) Top Gun [1,049,989 riders], (6) Phantom Theater [914,269 riders], (7) The Beastie [862,860 riders], (8) Flight of Fear [847,300 riders], (9) Congo Falls [845,932 riders], (10) Viking Fury [840,667 riders].

WOW Viking Fury has many riders.

Viking Fury beat the new Drop Zone , Face/Off , and Son of Beast.

(sorry double post)

Ummmmm.... the information in the Brady Bunch section was literally copied word for word from a post I made. Here's a link to the thread:

http://www.pkicentral.com/forums/index.php...opic=6449&st=30

Thanks for the credit guys.

Boo! Hiss! Bad form! :-(

Shaggy

Many, many, many sources for all the information on there.

That's part of being part of this site.

But thanks anyway.

<G> I won't tell ya which portions were mine but I don't expect credit. <G>

Sorry about that Shaggy, I had no idea. WooferBear, I know you contributed some stuff but it never trickled down from Ryan to me... I didn't think anything up there was from you. Please let em know what it is so I can credit you.

I love the historey section except I want to see pics of

There are still cages from the Wild Animal Safari laying about the area by Son of Beast and Adventure Express

The Enchanted Voyage used to have a huge compass ontop of the building.

Scoobys Goaster Coaster now lies in rest next to King Cobra track in its graveyard.

Flight of Fears first train with the OTSR is sitting back behind Timberwolf.

I may have missed these pics or do they not exist I would really like to see more pics of the grave yard but great job guys

Honestly, have any of you EVER been to the scrapyard.....

It's amazing, and it's onsite. And it's OUT of SIGHT.....

Old Signs from the parks history. A lot of the Hanna Barbera Stuff

Old PopCorn carts

Old Lemon Chill Carts

If you could spend just One Hour walking through this place, you would be obsessed with the concept of being able to salvage just One Item of your choice.

And it's a lot closer than you think.......

I love the historey section except I want to see pics of

There are still cages from the Wild Animal Safari laying about the area by Son of Beast and Adventure Express

The Enchanted Voyage used to have a huge compass ontop of the building.

Scoobys Goaster Coaster now lies in rest next to King Cobra track in its graveyard.

Flight of Fears first train with the OTSR is sitting back behind Timberwolf.

I may have missed these pics or do they not exist I would really like to see more pics of the grave yard but great job guys

I'd KILL to take a tour of the boneyard but I don't know how kindly PKI would take to that. Would you let me root through your trash? tongue.gif

Well, I went on over to find these graveyard pictures over at RCDB and found maybe one or two pics of King Cobra. Was this what you were talking about?

Speaking of "King Cobra" and RCDB. Why in the "Existing Roller Coasters" listing is King Cobra still listed, even though it says it is in storage, when in fact "Scooby's Ghoster Coaster" is listed as a "Past Roller Coasters" when it is in storage at the park as well?