Weight issues?

cjacob

Ok so I was wondering is their like a weight restrictions for the rides. My friend is overweight and we really want him to come with us but he is nervous about not fitting on the rides. Like the belt things won't fit or something. I haven't been at Kings Island forever so I wasn't for sure if stuff has been changed. Please let me know.

I can fully relate to your question.

Unfortunately there is no simple answer. I think it was Maureen who said in a recent post that "it depends on how (or where) you wear your weight".

In my case (6', 270) the rides I have the most trouble with at the park are Drop Zone, Flight of Fear,and Reptar.

I can ride (as verified on 7/9/06), any 'adult' ride in the park but Drop Zone is very tight.

I am 5'6" and 250-260 depending on the day, and I can ride anything. The only questionable Shoulder Restraint for me is Drop Zone. Each seat's belt is a little different - but I can fit in most of them. Then Flight of Fear is another one I have to be stapled into. Everything else is ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Doesnt matter how much you weigh, Im 194pounds and 5,8 and im skining and i  can ride everything, just depends how big the waist is and the stomach.

News Flash: If you are 5 foot, 8 inches tall and 194 pounds you are NOT skinny.

And if you are "skining," what does that have to do with this thread?

By the way, adult amusement rides are designed for 170 pound, 5 foot, 10 inch tall males. Have been for years.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I can honetly say that I had an issue at Cedar Point this past summer. MF was closed for repairing a certain part that the park could not tell the public (as usual...) but TTD was open. I had been on every other ride in the park with about an inch or two to spare. Now I am a pretty big guy at 6'2 280ish pounds. I got all the way up on the Dragster train and the darn seatbelt had about an inch to go! I was outraged at how rude the ride attendent was to me. He said, "either adjust yourself or get off." Now this was my first time not being able to fit on any ride. As I got off, I realized that there were two other older guys actually smaller than me getting off. I got really emotional and just had to sit down and cry. It was so embarassing and so depressing but it was a really big wake up call. I had never been overly concerned with getting fit, but that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I plan on going up to CP and riding Dragster next summer, come hook or crook!

Keep your head up and just enjoy the ride, literally!

Markus

I would have made a quick trip to Guest Relations.

And I would NOT have been amused.

Then again, given it was Cedar Point and Cedar Fair, I wouldn't expect them to actually do ANYTHING about it.

Sigh.

Each year MF and TTD have gotten more and more restrictive....there are reasons for this, but there is also more than one way to restrain a guest...

CoasterFreak273; I believe in you and I know you can do it!!! If you have a goal and something to prove and it sounds like you do, then all that’s left is a plan. Have you got one? From time to time when I look into the mirror and realize I let myself go a bit, I start to be a little hard on myself. So back to the gym and a diet that I can live with and a few months later I always have a new attitude and wonder why I didn’t do this sooner!

I’m currently down 32lbs with 10lbs to go for my ideal weight. I will be cheering you on for next year. Don’t give up!!!

Each year MF and TTD have gotten more and more restrictive....there are reasons for this, but there is also more than one way to restrain a guest...

But is that CP's doing or Intamin's? (I honestly do not know)

The Six Flags parks have made accomodations in other ways that do NOT include shortening the seat belts....but the shin guards there can be somewhat painful for ALL riders!

In Ohio, parks must follow manufacturer's recommendations if they want their rides to be licensed...

Unfortunately, I can honetly say that I had an issue at Cedar Point this past summer. MF was closed for repairing a certain part that the park could not tell the public (as usual...) but TTD was open. I had been on every other ride in the park with about an inch or two to spare. Now I am a pretty big guy at 6'2 280ish pounds. I got all the way up on the Dragster train and the darn seatbelt had about an inch to go! I was outraged at how rude the ride attendent was to me. He said, "either adjust yourself or get off." Now this was my first time not being able to fit on any ride. As I got off, I realized that there were two other older guys actually smaller than me getting off. I got really emotional and just had to sit down and cry. It was so embarassing and so depressing but it was a really big wake up call. I had never been overly concerned with getting fit, but that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I plan on going up to CP and riding Dragster next summer, come hook or crook!

Keep your head up and just enjoy the ride, literally!

Markus

I would be extremely angry considering you managed to get that far into the line.

I got all the way up on the Dragster train and the darn seatbelt had about an inch to go!

That's why they have a test seat at the entrance, now I understand the attendant shouldn't have been that rude, but you can't be upset that you fit if you didn't try the test seat.

As far as that goes, I used to be about 270, been down to 180 and now back up to 220, and I fit on everything at CP, MF was close, but I fit fine. I'm 6'1 by the way.

And good job for being motivated to lose weight, cut out all pop (diet doesn't really help much) and drink water, juice, and pop. I promise that'll work. Good luck to you.