Gold Pass Perks

Delirium33

If you were Cedar Fair, what would you change about the Gold Pass Perks program?

1. I would make the 'speed lane' perk everyday if not on crowded days (a sign at the front gate would tell you if speed lane was open that day). I would also make it for more rides like FoF and Son of Beast.

2. *A Gold Pass VIP night for Fear Fest!!*

3. BETTER Meal deals! LaRosa's large Pizza and 2 drinks for $16, with deals on Dipin' Dots and Greater's

4. Finally, have those gold pass metal detectors/ gates on the left always open (so you can get in faster and not have to pass those annoying 'welcome to Kings Island can a take your picture' people)

Personally, I don`t see them increasing the use of the Speed Lanes. If anything, I think they will reduce that perk. I do think that they might increase the amount of food discounts. It will be interesting to see if they even sell a Gold Season Pass next year. For that matter, it will be interesting to see how the season pass program will work. Will they sell passes starting in August like they used to? Will the regular pass or gold pass include free admission into Cedar Point? There are a lot of open questions with regards to the season passes for 2007. Only time will tell how Cedar Fair alters the season passes.

I agree with you in everyone of those except #1. I dont like the speed lane things, its ok, but Im sure guest services hears about alot of complaints about how people can cut them just because they have a gold pass. I actually dont like it, even though I have a gold pass because people who wait for 45 minutes get cheated by someone who waits like 2 minutes. I guess its ok for me since it only tooks me 2 minutes but, if you didnt have a gold pass and someone else did, I think you would feel mad, at least I would.

Im so-so on the V.I.P Gold Pass night, maybe if they opened it up on maybe November 4th or the weekend after there last operating day.

#3 I agree with you 100% its not really a meal deal to get a large pizza and 4regular soft drinks and a salad for 27.99. I would rather see, like you said a large pizza, 2 soft drinks and more than just Larosas, Wings and Central Grill. You should be able to show them your pass, and get a discount or something.

#4 I would go with, it takes for ever to get through the gates with everyone else!

For that matter, it will be interesting to see how the season pass program will work.  Will they sell passes starting in August like they used to?  Will the regular pass or gold pass include free admission into Cedar Point?  There are a lot of open questions with regards to the season passes for 2007.  Only time will tell how Cedar Fair alters the season passes.

you know thats a good point too. I hope they include free admission to Cedar Point because i've never been but would love to go and it would give me an excuse to.

If they do standard Cedar Fair policy next year, Gold Pass will be dead. Also, those metal detectors will probally be removed, thats what they did at Geauga Lake. if there generous they will give us a Joe cool club like at CP, which gives these perks.

Well whatever you want to call it, i don't see why they wouldn't have a perk program, but who knows at this point. Still, i think the perks i mentioned would make my ki visits more fun. A Fear Fest VIP night would be amazing because Fear Fest is always so crowded!

Cedar Fair took on a very large debt when they acquired Paramount Parks. They need to be very careful when they tailor the season pass program for next year. They want to get maximum value out of that pass program. If they cut benefits too much, they will lose money. If they raise the price too much, they will lose on volume more than they net in increased revenue per pass (ask Six Flags).

I do NOT see the pass program continuing as is, nor do I see them including Cedar Point with standard season passes. I don't even see them including parking with a standard season pass.

As for a gold pass night at Fear Fest, if they do that, I want to KNOW when it is. Based on my experiences with similar things at Six Flags, that will be the one night I want to be sure to avoid. Far from being exclusive, that would doubtless become the busiest night for Fear Fest.

The 3 top perks, that convinced us to buy Gold Club Season Pass.

Are:

(3) Early entry to Boomerang Bay !

(2) Free parking !

And the number one reason we buy Gold Club Season Pass is:

(1) Gold Club Speed Lane!!!!!

I have a 6 y/o daughter and a wife who will only ride a few rides. Because we only are able to come to the KI on weekends ( my work & daughter in year round school ) for me to ride all the rides that I would like, it would require me to spend to much time away from my family. Plus I get really tired staying in Nick area to long. Last year when we saw this Speed Lane perk, We knew that would be perfect for us. So we decided then that we would buy seasion Pass's. Since we have been about a dozen times since last fall I would say that we have got our money worth. But I have spent alot of money each time too, so I would say KI has benifted from us too. If they take Speed Lane away that would be the deal breaker for us. Because the price for food is so high even for Gold Club Meals $ 27.99. After the water park we go to Bob Evens or Frisces Big Boy and spend about the same including desert and tip!! I really hope KI lowwer's the prices of food because we would stay at the park to eat dinner. I can't help it,and I'll just say it I feel like I'm getting ripped off and taken advantaged of with the prices of food and drinks. Just one family mans opinon.

P.S. A new perk I would like to see is something for out-of-state guest. Hotel dicount, Food disount, Parking, Lower Season Pass rate. Maybe a out-of-state season pass to include the zoo, aqurium or both.

I'm going to add another idea or option for Cedar Fair Gold Pass perks program.

First; What works for one may not work for others. Example at the Cincinnati Zoo they offer differante perks to thier annual pass, Like free parking, bring a extra friend and no charge for rides, and so on.

Cedar Fair maybe should consider this type of option. You have your standard season pass perks, Then choice of one or two options (note I didn't say charge for add-on's).

(1) Free Parking

(2) Bring a friend free or half price opertunities

(3) Other Cedar Fair parks for free

(4) Season pass Expire one year from date purchased

(5) Free Meal Voucher with purchase of a four pack

(6) Out-of-state dicount package

(7) Mercandise discount

(8) ____________________________________

Also I would suggest that if they would like to sell alot more season pass's they should consider option four. I would not buy a season pass in July under present system, and like myself once we did buy season pass's, we have been back more times than I would have ever imagined we would. It's like everything else you have to give a little to get some back, It would be worth a try at least test marketed. most Zoo's, Aquarium's and other Family destinations offer a annual deal for a reason.

And the need to double post instead of editing your original post was what?

I don`t see them making any pass valid for one year from the purchase date. That would cause all sorts of headaches for admissions, not to mention a lot more paperwork. The reason that zoos and aquariums offer annual passes is that they can operate year round for the most part. Whereas Kings Island is strictly April through October. Not to mention that they presumably have less pass holders than a place like Kings Island.

And I believe that the different levels of passes at the zoo are associated with different price levels. Why else would they offer these perks on some passes and not on others. Even at Coney this year, there is a Platinum Pass that entitles the holder to deeper discounts at the food stands, early access to Sunlite Pool, bring a guest free days, etc.

Many of the perks you mentioned are either a little misleading or most likey not going to happen:

First, the free parking was an offer for buying pass in the fall prior to that pass's operating season. While Gold Pass offered a reserved parking area, it did not include the parking fee, if you bought your pass after Fall 2005.

Because most parks Cedar Fair operates are on a seasonal basis (Spring-Fall), it wouldn't work the best to have a pass that truly lasts 365 days. That may work for zoos, museums, and aquariums, which are open year-round. It would be a bit too confusing for passholders and seaon pass/admissions folks. One interesting tibit, though, is that Cedar Fair passes are valid until March 31 of the following year, as Knott's is open year-round.

One idea I had for the existing Speed Lanes is that should CF drop the perk, is to convert them to single rider lines, and maybe to introduce them to future rides. This could easily be done with Drop Zone and Delirium. Even one 'small park,' Holiday World, has it with their Liberty Launch.

Honestly, the season pass I would like to own would have:

- Access to All Cedar Fair parks (excluding separately gated water parks)

- Parking to Kings Island, Cedar Point, and Geauga Lake

- "Joe Cool Club" for Cedar Point, at least.

...even if it means I have to pay $150-$200 for the pass.

When doing a season pass program, I hope they offer a range of passes, from a value pass that only does Kings Island - to a "platinum" pass that gets all amusement and water parks, parking to three parks, and possibly more - for the park-goer that loves to travel - sorta like Busch Gardens.

I just don't see how the perks are misleading because these are the same perks that I receive now from either Disney World, Paramont Kings Island, Indianapolis Zoo, Newport Aquarium and Cincinnati Zoo except for option (3). I do understand though, about seasonal and year round attractions. But I trully belive that Cedar Fair would sell alot more season passes with a annual pass. It really isn't that confussing, inprinted on my annual passes it states when my passes expire. I also think it would stop the long lines at the beginning of the year to process the passes. My suggestions on additional perks was to entice guest to purchase a season pass which translates to more park visits and more revenue to the park. some perks are great for some and not for others. Therefore Tailor your perks that works for you without Cedar Fair giving away the house trying to please everyone with every perk mentioned.

Just a side note if you show newport your out-of-town license they give you special perks and discounts in the area. Also Cincinatti Zoo give's member appreciation coupons to thier park store, resturantes and other area attractions.

P.S. to answer ? above, I didn't think it was a big deal to make a new post two and a half hours after the first post. I didn't usesed to post because I was affraid I wouldn't post just right but I have recieved alot of info from this site and feel I would like to give back a liittle. Feel free to PM me to politly suggest how I should post anytime.

I say they have three passes.

Season Pass - 100$:

Unlimited admission to Kings Island

Gold Pass - 130$:

Unlimited admission to Kings Island, Geauga Lake and Cedar Point

Platinum Pass - 150$:

Unlimited admission to all Cedar Fair parks.

Then they could add a Joe Cool club to all the passes. It would be an extra cost. It would give passholders some early ride times, and one bring a friend free coupon redeemable at your home park any time during the season.

I say they have three passes.

Season Pass - 100$:

Unlimited admission to Kings Island

Gold Pass - 130$:

Unlimited admission to Kings Island, Geauga Lake and Cedar Point

Platinum Pass - 150$:

Unlimited admission to all Cedar Fair parks.

Then they could add a Joe Cool club to all the passes.  It would be an extra cost.  It would give passholders some early ride times, and one bring a friend free coupon redeemable at your home park any time during the season.

not a bad idea... i would get the pass that included all the ohio parks

I am just excited that next year I will get to pay more for my pass than this year, pay extra for free parking and then pay even more if I want perks. 'Joe Cool' This buyout is sounding better every day. mad.gif Maybe Cedar Fair will take a chapter from Paramount on passes and provide free parking, perks, etc... free with the pass? I can hope.

Yeah we can hope but I wouldn't look forward to it. I am expecting on paying between 180 and 200 for my pass next season. If it ends up being less - awesome. But keep in mind parking will probably be between 50 and 65 bucks. Then the pass itself will probably be 130-150 (for KI + CP + GL). But it is well worth it over buying a Kings Island pass and a Cedar Point pass.

You can pretty much expect to see all "freebies" gone next year. The ERT and Bring a Friend Free will cost extra. Speed Pass will be gone totally. Parking will cost extra. And don't forget you won't be able to pre process your 2007 pass in 2006. You'll just have to wait in that hours long line opening day to get your pass processed (having just paid 10 bucks to get into the parking lot TO get your pass processed).

Yeah being part of the Cedar Fair family isn't all good and no bad - but I think the good will far outweigh the bad. So I am happy about the whole thing.

In my opinion Cedar Fair needs to watch what they do with the season passes because if there aren't going to be any benifits of having a pass people aren't going to pay the 200 dollars you guys are talking about. I mean if you have to visit and park 7 perk-less times just to get your money's worth, some people will just forget it. I mean thats a big difference from now where a pass is payed off if you visit 3 or 4 times, plus free parking.

The main reason the park has offered the benefits they have, is not only to entice people to buy passes, but to get them to visit the park multiple times. The more times people visit the park, the more likely they are to spend money on food, games, and merchandise. That is the real reason why the park offers perks. They are hoping that they will spend more money in the park by taking advantage of the perks. Without the perks, people would have less of an incentive to visit the park often, and maybe even to buy a pass at all.

I agree with you in everyone of those except #1. I dont like the speed lane things, its ok, but Im sure guest services hears about alot of complaints about how people can cut them just because they have a gold pass. I actually dont like it, even though I have a gold pass because people who wait for 45 minutes get cheated by someone who waits like 2 minutes. I guess its ok for me since it only tooks me 2 minutes but, if you didnt have a gold pass and someone else did, I think you would feel mad, at least I would.

we paid for the gold passes we should get some kind of perk for having them.

if they dont want to wait 45 minutes then they should go during the weekdays.

i like the speed lanes especially fir the italian job, its always crowded, just wish

they would drop the scooby doo ride and the wild thornberrys and add something

like face off or Flight of Fear.