Newsletter: Tombraider

StXsteven

I know theres already a post on tomb raider, but I thought it would be easier for people to find it if I posted as a new thread.

http://newsletter.paramountparks.com/newsm...=5010&p=1&i=375

I've never seen that statue before, am I crazy or? Thanks in advance!

Is that from when it first opened? If it is then my bad, I think I remember now. What year does that say, I can't make out the last number it doesn't look like a 2 though. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Man, when this ride opened I thought: "Yes, PKI has delievered a Universal/Disney quality themed attraction". It was great, the themed que, the ante-chamber, the pre-show, the doors and lighting effects, the ride, the sparks, the water that used to soak you, the fog, all the amazing lighting effects. Sadly, now when your outside the outdoor que is covered by torn nets that have trash and change thrown all over them, the indoor ques have trash thrown all over the bottom of them, the ante-chamber is no longer used and when it was used the lighting and door effect stopped working after one season. The pre-show still works ok, but as the screen lifts up you can see all the scenery shake. Then the ride, what used to sit massive amoutn of people, now has half its seats closed. There used to be amazing lighting effects. Now the only lights are the eyes (which were broken and not replaced untill thsi year) and some random colored spot lights. Theres no fog, no sparks, and the water that used to get you relatively wet has almost disapeared. The skeletons hanging from the stelactites are falling apart and appear to be haning there when there held up by thin wire. The crew of the ride the maintenace crew do a terrific job keeping it up and running, and I still enjoy it and I realize there are other reasons for the themings downfall, so I'm not trying to knock the terrific employees, but I just miss when theming rocked.

PARAMOUNT took good care of the park. It's CBS who almost ran it into the ground.

Amen! Paramount Communications aka Paramount Pictures would have been an ideal owner, in my opinion. But, Viacom bought them and shuffled the park from one part of the conglomerate to another, then Viacom and CBS split and we know how that ended, at least so far. . .