fearfest ideas

beastfan11

what if you were in charge of designing/ building new haunted houses for fearfest 06?

my ideas

1- use the old old time photo building as a haunted house western theme or sumthin

2- bring back curse of the crypt

3- AE haunted attraction ( sumone metioned that cant remeber who? good idea tho)

4-just come up with new haunted hauses for Action Zone

- collin

I really enjoyed haunt-guys idea for a house of jigsaw haunted house.

Also his idea(i think it was his) to Picnic Grove which is a very large area and good for a haunted house.

I'm not to creative myself but I think we need to get rid of Headless Hollow. It's a good idea, but failed at making it well.

Someone mentioned that fairly large area under top gun. It's a good idea except for the fact patrons must ride the ride so that won't work.

I think they should build something under that tower in Action Zone because that a huge space with nothing there.

You know those barns around maze of madness and pscho path?I think they need to clear one out and make an alien abduction barn of terror.. or something like that. Some of the other fearfests have an Alien Crypt 3D.. Idk we don't have anything alien related in the area, I've never been in an alien haunt. We have haunts in the area just for clowns(terror park has a clown haunt before you enter the real haunt, theres "Clown house 3D" in dayton.. or somewhere around there. Theres "Killer Klowns" at Middletowns Land of Illusion(which was avery intense haunt, if I may add).

We already have a headless horseman haunt.. in sharon woods or however its spelled.. yes a kiddy haunt but still it was just as scary as Headless Hollow.

Psycho path we already got alot of trails in the area oviously, etc.. you get my point.

PKI needs something original again like they were a few years ago. MoM is fairly original, but the freezer was even more original. The sewer up in the tower was original. The pirate haunt or w/e it was called was original, etc..

Thats just my opinion, whoever said it counts? haha

Thanks for the compliments Steven... and the AE haunt idea was mine too. If I were in charge I would...

-Create a unique theme/character each year and dedicate one house to them. Same as Universal and Knott's does it.

-Hire ALOT more actors than what KI has had in the past. Really fill the streets with them... not only as scare-actors but they could play role of security for outdoor themed elements.

-Transform entire park and not just sections... I hate seeing "dead" areas of a park were there is no theming!

-Create a speed pass ticket... for about $20 you can bypass ALL the lines to the Fearfest attractions. Rides would not be included.

-Create backstage "daytime" tours of the attractions and scarezones. This is directly taken from Universal, but it works great for them! Charge about $25-150 for a tour and only limit it too 10 people per tour and 3 tours a day!

-Operate more days!

-Try to be new and original EVERY year!

-Create full time positions at the park that ONLY deal with the planning adn design of Fearfest.

-Create more "horror" themed shows or concerts!

-Use existing areas/rides as haunts/scarezones. For example... Q-line under TG station (haunted ship).... or transform AE or IJ:ST into a haunted attraction! It would be fairly easy!

-Locate ALL haunts directly on the midways except PsychoPath... it's great were it is!

-Really incorporate ALL aspects of the park into the event.

and finally...

-NO MORE FAMILLY ORIENTED HORROR!!! I would make the event terrifying! Like middle-aged men screaming in terror! I just wouldn't allow kids in (12 or younger)... simple as that! I would clear the park and then let everyone with a stamp back in. Ofcourse the only people with stamps would be ages 13+! This would also allow time for the actors to take positions and set-up some larger scarezone pieces!

That's all... for now! -Hauntguy

Again hauntguy, good ideas you honestly should apply to be a manager for fearfest if you had the time.

My all-time favorite idea would be to get rid of the family-oriented horror as hauntguy said. FEARfest.. why take away the fear? Yes, they spun a name on it to funfest, but the park is still advertised as fearfest, so stick with it. Let the other parks focus on having kid events, the beach is, pumpkin patch is, etc..

I also think they should open the haunts back up at 3pm. I know some of the actors hated that.. well no offense but its a job, if you have passion for it you'll love the extra hours(etc.. you get my point) it was better in those days. It was scarier, the lines were shorter at night, it made fearfest a whole day event. sad.gif I miss those days haha.

I miss those days too! Even Knott's and Universal starts before sunset! Also, they need to stay open later! Midnight? What's the deal? I remember when we could stay until 1 am! Nothing like riding The Beast at 12:30 am..haahaa!

I would apply to be Manager of Fearfest... if there was such a job! But I am going to work at KI for the first time this fall (fearfest) as a tech or actor... and slowly work my way up until I can make a change! I going to college right now and trying to get a BFA in Theatre Design and Construction with a Minor in Business Management! Maybe in a few years you can see me changing the event for the better... but for right now they guys in charge are doing fine! -Hauntguy

Hauntguy......seems like youve had a change of opinion, last year you did nothing but bash PKI management for all things FearFest related. I find it interesting that you are trying to get a job there this year and you change the way you talk. dry.gif

One thing I've been thinking about for a while (with regards to FearFest) would be a really theatrical concert--basically a GWAR cover band, as far as aesthetics go (but a little more politically correct, heh), singing either new songs or Halloween classics. Or an original sort of Rocky Horror show; that'd be interesting too.

Shman,

Only because I want to make a difference. I have been told that KI has poorly ran Fearfest by the companies that built the Fearfest attractions! ONLY recently did KI start the track to improvement of the event! I believe that I have the knowledge and ability to turn Fearfest into the next SUPER event!

Harvester,

NKU! (Northern Kentucky University)

I think a very theatrical band/show would be really cool. Maybe not GWAR, but certainly that kind of look/feel! Maybe a Manson/Rob Zombie show! They are both VERY theatrical! -Hauntguy

Thanks for the compliments Steven... and the AE haunt idea was mine too. If I were in charge I would...

-Create a unique theme/character each year and dedicate one house to them. Same as Universal and Knott's does it.

-Hire ALOT more actors than what KI has had in the past. Really fill the streets with them... not only as scare-actors but they could play role of security for outdoor themed elements.

-Transform entire park and not just sections... I hate seeing "dead" areas of a park were there is no theming!

-Create a speed pass ticket... for about $20 you can bypass ALL the lines to the Fearfest attractions. Rides would not be included.

-Create backstage "daytime" tours of the attractions and scarezones. This is directly taken from Universal, but it works great for them! Charge about $25-150 for a tour and only limit it too 10 people per tour and 3 tours a day!

-Operate more days!

-Try to be new and original EVERY year!

-Create full time positions at the park that ONLY deal with the planning adn design of Fearfest.

-Create more "horror" themed shows or concerts!

-Use existing areas/rides as haunts/scarezones. For example... Q-line under TG station (haunted ship).... or transform AE or IJ:ST into a haunted attraction! It would be fairly easy!

-Locate ALL haunts directly on the midways except PsychoPath... it's great were it is!

-Really incorporate ALL aspects of the park into the event.

and finally...

-NO MORE FAMILLY ORIENTED HORROR!!! I would make the event terrifying! Like middle-aged men screaming in terror! I just wouldn't allow kids in (12 or younger)... simple as that! I would clear the park and then let everyone with a stamp back in. Ofcourse the only people with stamps would be ages 13+! This would also allow time for the actors to take positions and set-up some larger scarezone pieces!

That's all... for now! -Hauntguy

no offense but thats the exact same thing HHN is...

I think the fact that all parks dont operate their halloween events the same is what keeps me going back. if all of the parks followed the same game plan I would go to only one and leave the rest alone...

I think the fact that all parks dont operate their halloween events the same is what keeps me going back. if all of the parks followed the same game plan I would go to only one and leave the rest alone...

I don't know you, but I'm assuming you keep going back to fearfest right? Because you were upset(maybe I'm using the word to strongly.. is "moved" better?) that hauntguy mentioned some similar traits to HHN that need to be fixed to pki.. but what does pki have original? honestly? Every haunt there I can think of another haunted house in the local area that is the same thing, but is much better. Fearfest only came out in 2001.. err 2002? Not really sure. Curse of the Crypt was original but they got rid of that.

Headless hollow is original in its own right, but the theme is overkill theres other haunts in the area with Sleepy Hollow who do a much more frightening job.(Sharonwoods which is for kids was a more frightening attraction then Headless Hollow) Like Headless Hollw the actors keep screaming "oh beware of the headless horseman" which gets extremely old after like the third actor, and then a huge let-down in climax when the headless horseman is just sitting there.. Now Massacre Manor uses the idea, but uses it in a creative way, heads hanging around, people w/ the disease, a pumpkin head-ed man, a headless man, etc..

Psycho Path is obviously nothing new, but its pretty hard to do something new outside or even to do that good in that short of a path. I think they are orignal on alot of spots, so kudos for them.

Maze of Madness.. I'm really not to sure what to say. It's orignal.. but then it's not. It's original because of how long it focuses on that one subject, and how large the maze is, on the other hand alot of haunts have shorter versions(but most the time aren't nearly as intense as the Maze) so it has its good and bads. Once again, kudos.

Circus of Horrors 3-D. It was really scary either 3.. or 4 years ago? Maybe both? I remeber one time I went I hadn't been that scared in a clownhouse in my entire life, they brought coulrophobia into me I freaked out about clowns after that. It was honestly the first haunt that made me fear something.. with a passion. I was forced to go into it the year after(literally dragged by all of my friends) but after the clowns started joking wit us I was like this is flat out horrible. Now I just think clowns suck. Why are they making it into a fun..nyhouse instad of a horrifying clownhouse? Is it for the little kids? I remember hearing parents claim i was ay to scary all those years back, but to change it to satisfy the parents honestly is wrong. If the parents failed to read the name "Circus of Horrors 3D" or to read the brochure that says this is not for children, or to read the sign out front, is the parents fault for being ignorant, not the parks. Now if they changed it for other reasons, then I apologize, butt the way I see it, that is what happened. There are alot of clown haunted houses in the area, if your interested, I can send you a list in the Greater Cincinnati area.. I'll include Dayton too because they have a pretty cool clown house in 3D.

There's really not else to comment on... just don't call them original, please haha.

Again this is my opinion, I don't represent anybody so if you disagree thats your buisness and feel free to try and tear it apart, but my opinion still goes.

Again, no point in tearing apart your post, 'cause, to me, it sounded right.

You'd actually be surprised. Kings Dominion had COTC as well, and I believe they got rid of it as well to support Sleepy Hollow.

Um, I've got some ideas of my own, but it's gonna be a really BIG list, so forgive me right now.

Headless Hollow (Picnic Grove)

200 years after Washington Irving's infamous tale of the Headless Horseman, the legend of Sleepy Hollow lives on. The once quiet and pristine Western Woods are now covered in blood from grisly murders both old and new. The nearby Van Tassel estate serves a disturbing collection of decapitated corpses, including the distraught cornfields inhabited by possessed scarecrows and farmhands. And a familiar enemy stalks his old prey and new arrivals foolish enough to trespass his haunting grounds, on foot....and on horseback.

^ A little description of the Picnic Grove area.

-Basically, the main path into PC would house cornSTALKERS, which would also include monster pumpkin-monster-thingys and evil corn. Don't ask, I just make these things up as I go along.

-A somewhat new maze, but it's acutally a maze from Kings Dominion's FF, entitled Blood Shed, would be in that first big shelter you see as you're walking along the path (Fred or Scooby-Doo shelter), and its facade and building shape would resemble a big red barn (obviously).

-Massacre Manor would be towards the end of PC, but not at the very end (Jetson or Quickdraw shelter) and it would have a massive facade in the form of a Southern Belle mansion all torn-down and bloodied up.

-Then, the woods area (have yet to come up with a name for it, any suggestions?) would take up the very back of PC and go through the maintenance road in between River Adventure and Runaway Reptar, to help keep Guest Control down a lot, what with people entering HH through cornSTALKERS and then leaving through the wooded area.

More later, my brain just fried. wink.gif

Sounds good so far, hopefully KI comes on ere and reads your guys ideas because they could do very well with these. I can only hope they read your snd hauntguys posts anyways.

Not saying anoyne elses ideas weren't good, but they really got something going with those haha.

I think the fact that all parks dont operate their halloween events the same is what keeps me going back.  if all of the parks followed the same game plan I would go to only one and leave the rest alone...

I don't know you, but I'm assuming you keep going back to fearfest right? Because you were upset(maybe I'm using the word to strongly.. is "moved" better?) that hauntguy mentioned some similar traits to HHN that need to be fixed to pki.. but what does pki have original? honestly? Every haunt there I can think of another haunted house in the local area that is the same thing, but is much better. Fearfest only came out in 2001.. err 2002? Not really sure. Curse of the Crypt was original but they got rid of that.

uhhh...never been to fearfest never been to PKI for that matter. What I was saying is that almost word for word what he was suggesting was based on HHN's scheme of things and how they run their event. And I do keep going back to SCarowinds sinply because its different from HHN and HOS at busch gardens tampa. If they all had the same game plan I would only go to HHN simply because it would be done better there...

To clarify what I mean is he stated a daytime backstage tour. That would probably take all of 15 minutes at a haunt like fearfest because the difference between that and HHn is universal IS a movie studio park. They have the prostetics (spelling??) and huge costume rooms whereas most other parks just depend on face paint for their scares. They basically build their HUGE houses in soundstages whereas haunts like fearfest use existing buildings.

Im not trying to knock anyone but what he is basically saying is that, in a nut shell, make fearfest the same as HHN!

A tour like that would take hours! To go and see the insides of each attraction.... with the lights on. Then go to were the actors get ready... then go meet the people who bring the event to life! 15 minutes! BAH, are you crazy!

And if you want to get really down and gritty... I will just tell you that no matter what different parks do, they are ALL the same in every way. Think on that!

Universal doesn't even build their own haunts... they contract out companies to build them! Yeah, they can back it with more money... but I have talked to Micheal Roddy (if you don't know him, well... he's one of the "main guys" behind HHN) and he has said that if Universal was not open all year round... HHN would NOT be what it is today.

The only difference is money! THAT'S ALL! I think if KI were to fork out just a little bit more in the right areas... there event would be BETTER than HHN! -Hauntguy

Guest TombraiderTy

INSANITY ZONEInternational Restaurant

The impossible is possible as you're driven to insanity. NothingN is right, nothing is possible. Walking on walls, waterfalls going upwards, and impossible monsters coming after you.

Friday the 13thParamount Theater

What was meant as a nice week at Camp Crystal LAke turns horribly wrong. Victim after victim is found dead, as the lunatic who is in charge cannot be found. Where is he? What he is doing? The only way to find out is to take a seat and try to relax

Wax MuseumEmporium

The abandoned museum looks like an average Hollywood wax museum from the outside, but once you're inside everything is different. Sets come alive, those that seemed real are actually fake as those that seemed impossible are real, and wanting your flesh.

The FreezerEiffel Tower 50 Foot Platform

Climbing to a height of 50 feet, the air gets colder as the screams of pain and torture get louder. This freezer is bigger then the one in your kitchen, and contains stuff much more disturbing then that moldy steak. Human gore is frozen into the blocks of ice and blood, as the victims that are still living want you to die.

Night StalkersParamount Story

They're after you. They have no rules. They can do as they please. Run, hide, do whatever you want, but they'll still get to you. They'll still get you.

VillainyTop Gun Waiting Line

The roar of Team Death's newest weapon can be heard as you advance down the pathway to their hideaway. Fog, lights, chainsaws, weapons, and more can all be seen, most of it heading your way.

Fury FallsCongo Falls

The river is filled with the gory remains of those who have perished before you on this amuesment ride that may not be so safe. Blasting stomachs, hanging bodies, and more are just a hint of what you'll experince.

Darkest HOurTimberwolf Stage

Bombs are falling, guns are blaring, and the sirens are wailing. A war has overcast the Earth, and you're trying to escape to safety. The path to the bomb shelters isn't straight, and it sure isn't simple. Lunatics, psychos, and more romes the streets, looking for their prey.

Enilation(I know I spelled that wrong)Stunt Crew Grill

You're in the headquarters of a secret organization that is anything but nice. Dodge firing bullets, launching missles, and the results from a nucear accident.

I have a lot more, but that's all the time I have. Tell me what you think.

Guest TombraiderTy

Here's some more:

CreatureSon of Beast

This blood thirsty beast has been unleashed and is raging through the fields, looking for its victims. Your only way to escape is on a rusty train headed for the mines, but something goes wrong as this monster sends you off the tracks and into his grips.

Mine of Forgotten SoulsAdventure Express

Travelin down the track, being pulled out of the train traveling in reverse, and getting jerked left, right, and everyother direction, this was scary enough, but there's more. Those that have lost their lives in the mind are angry, and wanting revenge. Their corpses, ghosts, and more are after you, and won't settle down until you join their grave in the depths of the mine.

Seaside CemetaryBubba Gumps and Viking Fury

The ship swings, the graves tremble, and you see eyes in the water. Those sailors that have died in the ocean want you down in Davy Jones Locker as well, and they'll stop at nothing to get you. Creatures launch from the water, screams echoe through the cemetary, and you get pulled into the black water, the water of no return.

Garden of GoreSling Shot area

This little garden has more then plants, it has gore, guts, and other gruesome objects. The plants also play their part, being man eating. There are only five actors in this short little path, but it promises scares.

The SewerFesthause

Green slime runs down the pipes, those urban ledgends about fish and crocodiles being flushed down the toilet- they're true. Creatures are hidden in the goop, and they're angry you've crossed into their homes.

So that's all of International Street but 2, all of Action Zone, and all of Oktoberfest. I'll try to get in the other ones I have later.

CreatureSon of Beast

This blood thirsty beast has been unleashed and is raging through the fields, looking for its victims. Your only way to escape is on a rusty train headed for the mines, but something goes wrong as this monster sends you off the tracks and into his grips.

Um.... This is a Fear Fest idea?

Here's some more:

CreatureSon of Beast

So that's all of International Street but 2, all of Action Zone, and all of Oktoberfest. I'll try to get in the other ones I have later.

Oh my.

The lawyers would have a field day with that one.

Not a good idea.

Not at all.

I personally would not want to see ANY of the Lynton V. Harris attractions back (sewer, tower of terror, The Mummy, Piracte Jack, etc.) except "The Freezer"! That was the coolest attraction ever, pardon the pun. HA! He's a great guy but some of his attractions are just... blah! -Hauntguy

wow there are some amazing ideas in this topic. I would definately pay 20 bucks for a speed pass, maybe more! and all those haunts sound awesome. Finally, FearFest should have a schedual like USS nightmare, closer to the 31, its open daily or should I say nightly.