PHANTOM THEATRE

beastfan11

I for one was glad to see Phantom Theater go it wasnt even fun anymore in its last years but hope is shining last I heard is that Kentucky Kingdom was interested in buying the rights to PT.....

Uh, since Phantom Theater was a Lindner effort closely copying certain "...of the Opera" and certain other things...why would KK need to BUY the rights from anybody? After all, Lindner didn't. . .

This was the same time period when Adventure Express, which certainly also isn't modeled after any, uh, movie, appeared.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one was glad to see Phantom Theater go it wasnt even fun anymore in its last years but hope is shining last I heard is that Kentucky Kingdom was interested in buying the rights to PT.....

Uh, since Phantom Theater was a Lindner effort closely copying certain "...of the Opera" and certain other things...why would KK need to BUY the rights from anybody? After all, Lindner didn't. . .

This was the same time period when Adventure Express, which certainly also isn't modeled after any, uh, movie, appeared.

Just saying what I told I was told Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom wanted to add in Phantom Theater to their park when the ride closed in mid 2002 after all KI owns PT now dont they.

Uh, most of the mechanism is used as Scooby.

And it is not really believable that KK would move a KI ride from KI and install it.

And yet, they DID!

So, stranger things have happened. . . .

But this one isn't going to happen any time soon...to put it mildly.

For one thing, I doubt SFKK has anywhere to put such a ride, even if it were for sale, and for another, I don't think Phantom Theater fits the image that Mr. Shapiro wants for Six Flags.

When the ride first opened there was a special on it on network TV, although I can't remember which channel. It showed a lot of the ride footage. If anyone can find a copy of this they'll win 1,000 PKIC Bucks. As you guys know, PKIC bucks are good for.......nothing, but still try to find it.

Well I found the web last week but it looks like google video and YouTube have taken it down on both sites. Sorry for the bad news.

Jeff I know you're making those audios by yourself. Taking the backstage and prop room music and blending it with in ride sound affects. Personally I always considered trying to make the entire ride, effect by effect on top of the music. I've just never had the time, that and I cannot figure out how to splice the stereo in audacity. I do commend you on your efforts.

Leaving the electronics area, we continued the tour almost to the end of the ride. We stopped in the area of the Mummy and Gargoyle, which were still in place in their scene. Here Houdelini’s magic hat appeared to perform one last feat of “magicâ€Â. From the hat was drawn the name of a lucky winner that won a packet that contained some rare 1992 public relations material that included a PKI press kit, media invitation, park brochure and other Phantom related material as well as an on ride video!

it says someone won an onride video. Does anyone know where this can be found?

Jeff I know you're making those audios by yourself. Taking the backstage and prop room music and blending it with in ride sound affects. Personally I always considered trying to make the entire ride, effect by effect on top of the music. I've just never had the time, that and I cannot figure out how to splice the stereo in audacity. I do commend you on your efforts.

I've already done the entire ride. I've made two versions, a normal ride audio of what you'd hear if actually riding...about 4.5 minutes long, and a entire effects audio, basically if you stopped at each scene, heard everything there was then moved on. That lasts 7 minutes.

Awsome.. AlienSeed..

ScreamingMidnight..Kids Get Scared and I know for a fact many times during the day while PT was open 7 out of 10 kids would cry while going into PT with there Parents,Uncles & Aunts,Grandparents,Cousins etc the fact is kids get scared all kids do its a part of growing up you may have not cried but many kids did.

Now they are more than happy to go into the Haunted Castle and hang out with Scooby Doo after all according to the kids fav cartoon list posted this past spring(I''ll hunt the link down for you) Scooby Doo is rated 3# Spongebob is 1# FairlyOdd Parents are 2# as funny as it may seem it even metioned Bart Simpson as a role modle for kids 6-15!

When the ride first opened there was a special on it on network TV, although I can't remember which channel. It showed a lot of the ride footage. If anyone can find a copy of this they'll win 1,000 PKIC Bucks. As you guys know, PKIC bucks are good for.......nothing, but still try to find it.

I don't recall a TV special entirely on Phantom, what I do recall is that Phnatom opened on Kings Islands 20th anniversary season, and the park did I think an hour long TV special.

Let me see if I am thinking of the same show:

It was the Kings Island 20th Anniversary Special, starring Jason Priestly. Had a lot of bad jokes.

Showed scenes like

* Jason arriving at the park for supposedly a private VIP day at the park, gets followed by two kids who ask if he wouldn't mind if a few freidns join him, cut to a big park opening scene.

* Jason standing under Eiffell Tower trying to find the rollercoasters, the clown band disappears and when he ask some nerdy scientist type character where the coasters are, he lifts up his trench coat to reveal drink coasters.

* Jason and kids talking about what sort of animal they would like to be, Jason turns into a giraffe, which is used to sequee into a segment on the Wild Animal Habitat monorail.

* A segment on the show at the American Heritage Music Hall, the show had a pirate theme that year,

* A running gag where Jason would eventually ride all of the parks coasters during the course of the show, each time runnig into a group of guys all dressed in black with dark shades, who eventually get intorduced as ACE members. (I wonder how ACE felt about that representation) Oh, and the coaster footage was nowhere near accurate with cuts of the same parts of the ride appearing over and over and in different order)

* Jason climbing the stairs on Adventure Expresses second lift hill carrying a torch

* A feature on Waterworks, then Jason appears to slide down a closed water slide with no water runnin down it, but winds up on the giant slide in HB, thats starts the HB segment.

* Phantom was of course the new attraction of the year, so was almost the last segment, right before the fireworks, cause if its about a day at PKI, it has to end with fireworks. They showed a few scenes from Phantom, and I want to say they might have even talked with a couple of the people who helped design the ride.

* Segment on Coney Island

* Segment on the guys who keep the carousel horses in top shape.

* John Allen intorducing The Racer.

My how the park has changed sicne then, remember in 1992 the coaster collection was King Cobra, Adventure Express, Racer, Vortex, Beast, Beastie and Scooby Zoom.

I have a copy of this on VHS, taped off the TV, and includeds the commmercials, dunno if anyone here would like a copy for the park history archival material or not.

The other Kings Island tape I have hidden somewhere (read I would have to really search for it) is a 1989 era 15 minute tape they used to sell in the gift shop with coaster footage (Racer, King Cobra, Vortex and Beast). that's also on VHS, but that tape has a huge warning that it is in Macrovision and any attempt to duplicate may damage the VCR or the original.

When the ride first opened there was a special on it on network TV, although I can't remember which channel.  It showed a lot of the ride footage.  If anyone can find a copy of this they'll win 1,000 PKIC Bucks.  As you guys know, PKIC bucks are good for.......nothing, but still try to find it.

I don't recall a TV special entirely on Phantom, what I do recall is that Phnatom opened on Kings Islands 20th anniversary season, and the park did I think an hour long TV special.

It was the Kings Island 20th Anniversary Special, starring Jason Priestly. Had a lot of bad jokes.

Showed scenes like

* Jason arriving at the park for supposedly a private VIP day at the park, gets followed by two kids who ask if he wouldn't mind if a few freidns join him, cut to a big park opening scene.

* Jason standing under Eiffell Tower trying to find the rollercoasters, the clown band disappears and when he ask some nerdy scientist type character where the coasters are, he lifts up his trench coat to reveal drink coasters.

* Jason and kids talking about what sort of animal they would like to be, Jason turns into a giraffe, which is used to sequee into a segment on the Wild Animal Habitat monorail.

* A segment on the show at the American Heritage Music Hall, the show had a pirate theme that year,

* A running gag where Jason would eventually ride all of the parks coasters during the course of the show, each time runnig into a group of guys all dressed in black with dark shades, who eventually get intorduced as ACE members. (I wonder how ACE felt about that representation) Oh, and the coaster footage was nowhere near accurate with cuts of the same parts of the ride appearing over and over and in different order)

* Jason climbing the stairs on Adventure Expresses second lift hill carrying a torch

* A feature on Waterworks, then Jason appears to slide down a closed water slide with no water runnin down it, but winds up on the giant slide in HB, thats starts the HB segment.

* Phantom was of course the new attraction of the year, so was almost the last segment, right before the fireworks, cause if its about a day at PKI, it has to end with fireworks. They showed a few scenes from Phantom, and I want to say they might have even talked with a couple of the people who helped design the ride.

My how the park has changed sicne then, remember in 1992 the coaster collection was King Cobra, Adventure Express, Racer, Vortex, Beast, Beastie and Scooby Zoom.

I have a copy of this on VHS, taped off the TV, and includeds the commmercials, dunno if anyone here would like a copy for the park history archival material or not.

The other Kings Island tape I have hidden somewhere (read I would have to really search for it) is a 1989 era 15 minute tape they used to sell in the gift shop with coaster footage (Racer, King Cobra, Vortex and Beast). that's also on VHS, but that tape has a huge warning that it is in Macrovision and any attempt to duplicate may damage the VCR or the original.

Ready for the ultimate PKIC easter egg? Click here to see the 20th anniversary video. Just a little thing I've been sitting on for a few years.

Leaving the electronics area, we continued the tour almost to the end of the ride. We stopped in the area of the Mummy and Gargoyle, which were still in place in their scene. Here Houdelini’s magic hat appeared to perform one last feat of “magicâ€Â. From the hat was drawn the name of a lucky winner that won a packet that contained some rare 1992 public relations material that included a PKI press kit, media invitation, park brochure and other Phantom related material as well as an on ride video!

it says someone won an onride video. Does anyone know where this can be found?

yeah, could anyone find that video, or does anyone know where i could find it?

When the ride first opened there was a special on it on network TV, although I can't remember which channel.  It showed a lot of the ride footage.  If anyone can find a copy of this they'll win 1,000 PKIC Bucks.  As you guys know, PKIC bucks are good for.......nothing, but still try to find it.

Showed scenes like

Ready for the ultimate PKIC easter egg? Click here to see the 20th anniversary video. Just a little thing I've been sitting on for a few years.

I just noticed that the Wild Animal Habitat segment must have been different in every market. I also have the 20th Anniversary Special on tape. Our version in Dayton of the Wild Animal Habitat segment was done by a news caster on WTDN Channel 2.

• 2 weeks later...

I can remember every summer as a child riding the Phantom Theatre at least two or three times each visit. We would get hot and the Theatre always was nice and cool (until the part with the furnances, that got hot) when I was real young I didn't understand holograms and I use to think they were real ghosts (I can't believe I admitted that)!

It's sad to see Phantom Theatre gone. I haven't gone through the new Scooby Doo ride, but it doesn't look like it would be fun at all.

Scooby brings in a larger fanbase obviously.. so you have to add that in why people like it better.

I thnk Scooby is okayy.. but PT had 3D--people?/monsters? and Scooby has cardboard and it just looks reallyc heap. No offense obviously it cost alot of money.. but it just looks really cheap to me and my friends,

Scooby has you more involved so I give you that much, but I still prefer PT.

Scooby brings in a larger fanbase obviously.. so you have to add that in why people like it better.

I thnk Scooby is okayy.. but PT had 3D--people?/monsters?  and Scooby has cardboard and it just looks reallyc heap. No offense obviously it cost alot of money.. but it just looks really cheap to me and my friends,

Scooby has you more involved so I give you that much, but I still prefer PT.

I certainly like Scooby-Doo & The Haunted Castle more so than PT.

Some things I would like to point out

-There is NO cardboard cut-outs it's WOOD not cardboard.

-There is a 3D effect where Shaggy is running away from the Werewolf.(Just like PT had Full 3D Ghouls) blink.gif

-Yes Scooby has a larger fanbase(like^ said) Thats why the castle is always crowed.

-Did you know that there are cameras in the haunted castle just like they had in PT(most guest didnt know that)

-Scott Innes provided the voice for Scooby & Shaggy(he voices scooby & shaggy in the direct to dvd movies) Scott innes was at PKI's Sneak Preview in 2003 for the opening of the haunted castle and is a HUGE scooby doo fan like myself.

biggrin.gif