Fearfest

StXsteven

Taken from http://www2.paramountparks.com/kingsisland...m?ec_id=15#fear

"FEARFEST

Select Friday and Saturday Nights in October

Begins October 7th!

Back for it's 7th frightful year!

Free with park admission!

When the sun goes down, the terror begins as Paramount's Kings Island transforms into the Midwest's Largest Haunted Playground. Brave souls can experience a host of haunted attractions including a Haunted Wooded Trail and sinsiter mazes. Guests looking for a different type of thrill can enjoy any of their favorite rides and attractions until park close.

Open October 7 - 28, and running Friday and Saturday nights beginning at 8 p.m.., FearFest features 11 horrifying attractions recommended for ghouls 12 and older. The park opens at 7 p.m. on Fridays. This hauntingly exciting event is free and included with park admission, as well as free to season pass holders. The park closes at midnight on Fridays and Saturdays during FearFest."

It says 11 horrifying attractions, I saw 9 at www.pki.com/fearfest from last year, so what do you think the 2 new ones will be? Or do you guess its a typo?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Headless Hollow

Massacre Manor

Cornstalkers

Circus of Horrors

RL Stines: FearStreet Nights

Maze of Madness

PsychoPath

Jason's Most Xtreme Cuts

Elvira's Superstition

Funhouse Express

and the "gauntlet" scarezone between Octoberfest and ActionZone....

There's 11... I don't know if KI will get any new attractions for this season. All I know is that KI will try to transform the entire park and not just certian areas. -Hauntguy

Well, I don`t know if they will use the entire park. But hopefully they have more of a scarezone in Coney Mall or Rivertown. The one by Paradise Island treats was really well done! The one that they added after the first weekend over by Slingshot was not as effective, simply because the lighting levels are much brighter in that area of the park.

Let me just say this.....i know of all the plans for this year's FearFest (trust me...im very knowledgeable about this stuff). And my hint to you all is that some of the "Ideas" in the other topic are pretty close to some of the new stuff this year.....dont just focus on the actual houses....there are more attractions then that. Plus look for at least 3 new locations for haunted attractions this year wink.gif

Last Year's Park Map said nine attractions for Fearfest, and that included Corn Stalkers.

They had

Circus of Horrors 3D

Elvira's Superstition

Funhouse(sorry can't remeber full name)

The Jimmy's Funhouse Thing in the Action FX Theater was considered an attraction for the Fun by Day part of Fearfest, even though it did run throughout the night, so it wouldn't be counted as one of the nine from the Fright by Night part of FearFest from last year.

"Let me just say this.....i know of all the plans for this year's FearFest (trust me...im very knowledgeable about this stuff). And my hint to you all is that some of the "Ideas" in the other topic are pretty close to some of the new stuff this year.....dont just focus on the actual houses....there are more attractions then that. Plus look for at least 3 new locations for haunted attractions this year"

could you give us anymore hints lol???????

"Let me just say this.....i know of all the plans for this year's FearFest (trust me...im very knowledgeable about this stuff). And my hint to you all is that some of the "Ideas" in the other topic are pretty close to some of the new stuff this year.....dont just focus on the actual houses....there are more attractions then that. Plus look for at least 3 new locations for haunted attractions this year"

could you give us anymore hints lol???????

Whether or not his knowledge is legit or not, I don't know but we do know that the enviornment is far more important to guests than the houses themselves. With that, I would expect more outside decorations and perhaps some improvements to the Scare Zones.

I just got back from auditions (already know role and placement) and I CANNOT WAIT for Fearfest! It's going to be awesome! -Hauntguy

So did you get any new details about the event as a whole or just your part in it all?

If you get hired in one of these auditions, you do get told about both FearFest and your part in its operation. Some of these positions are for new haunted attractions not announced yet.

Enough hint for you?

Also, please do not ask Hantguy about this information, he is not able to talk about it.