Fearfest

StXsteven

...of course, some of Entertainment's decsions for this year's FearFest have left me somewhat disappointed. dry.gif

But at least I have an idea of what's going where, what's new and what's coming back. Trust me on this one, FearFest is gonna be HUGE, maybe even the size of the Halloween Haunt at Knott's Berry Farm.

Perhaps there's a chance for another (and hopefully better) attempt at SHRIEKshow this year? wink.gif

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told that Maze of Madness is being put under the Eiffel Tower, and may receive a name change. Massacre Manor is being moved to Rivertown and may receive a new name as well. There will be two new scarezones.

But these are just possibilities for now.

Very true, I wonder how they are going to pull it off. It could either be a total mess.. and will most likely be, or it could be really cool because I like how the tower lights up in stuff. I wish they included going up the tower.. I never got to do the sewer haunt that was up there. I think thats a creepy place because of how tight it is, and how cold it is up there. I know lines will be a mess but I think it would be worth it.

My only question is if they are putting Maze of Madness under the tower, what are they putting in the Maze building? biggrin.gif

here is what i have heard..

- Asylum- under the effeil tower

- Coyboy Carnage- old rock mining building in rivertown

- 2 new scarezones

- evrything else is the same except no maze of madness

- and they may be more to come

so i just found this website in another topic

sounds good though cool.gif

So Asylum replaces Maze of Madness and is Coyboy Carnage a new maze or the former House of Darkness? Because I have heard rumors that the Scrambler will remain open through October this year. It seems like they are shifting more of the haunts away from Coney Mall this year. I wonder where the two new scare zones will be at?

I got a verification e-mail..

plans have changed

Maze of Madness is returning to Coney Mall. It is no longer going to be under the Eiffel Tower. Massacre Manor is the new name for Fear Street, and we will have

a new maze Cowboy Carnage in Rivertown.

So Maze of Madness and the former House of Darkness/Fear Street/now Massacre Manor will remain in Coney Maul. So is everything that was at FearFest last year returning? Wait. Massacre Manor is what they had named the haunt that was on the old Salt Water Circuis site (in the tent). So is this new haunt in Rivertown actually a new haunt, or is it a relocated and renamed Massacre Manor? Also, I`m assuming that Headless Hollow (the haunt that ran through White Water Canyon`s exit) is returning.

Psst, guess what? Those "maniacs" that keep overtaking the Asylum are back at the Tower again. Found out yesterday on me birfday that cornSTALKERS is going in the red barn next door to FOF. Don't believe me? The white hangar tent thingy by FOF (where they originally held the Nick Parade floats) is now storage for cornSTALKERS set pieces. Basically, everything's in there except for some of the really BIG pieces (ie: cornSTALKERS sign, some of the big wagons).

Massacre Manor put the axe on Fear Street Nights as Manor is now in the games building in Coney Mall. Apparently, either they're going to use Fear Street's old facade (and make it scarier) or make an all-new facade that will look similar to the Halloween Haunt's 13 Axe Murder Manor facade, a truly GORGEOUS house to look at:

13 Axe Murder Manor Review -- Theme Park Adventure

Got a peek inside the Mining Company building. Completely empty. And dark. It's a large, yet small, space for a maze, like the space used in Festhaus for the Circus of Horrors 3D maze. There's still talk of possibly using Wings as part of Cowboy Carnage, though.

But with Massacre Manor and cornSTALKERS now in Coney Mall, now there's a rumor that PsychoPath and Headless Hollow might switch spots. Although I would doubt it, seeing as how they pretty much leave the PsychoPath pieces up along that trail year-round.

As for the other two mazes/midways, I still have no idea where those two are going. And it's still up in the air over whether or not Action Zone will become a scare zone. Any ideas from anyone else that "knows" what's goin "down" at the "Fest"?

Sad to say, but I think it is returning.

This scareless haunt is mostlikely returning.

Honest question.. did anyone hear any screams from the guests in it in the least 2 years? I mean actual screams not like a "ahh tommy i cant believe you smacked my censored.gif in a clown haunted house" because I believe thats the only time I heard a scream. I wish they would return it to its former beauty like in 2003..

I don`t believe a haunt is going into the old Rock Shop location. It at least was used for storage.

I doubt they will place a huant on the 50' level of the Eiffel Tower for one simple reason. ADA. There is not a way to get people in wheel chairs up to that level as the elevators do not stop at that platform.

Sad to say, but I think it is returning.

This scareless haunt is mostlikely returning.

Honest question.. did anyone hear any screams from the guests in it in the least 2 years? I mean actual screams not like a "ahh tommy i cant believe you smacked my censored.gif in a clown haunted house" because I believe thats the only time I heard a scream. I wish they would return it to its former beauty like in 2003..

No I wish it would return its former glory from when it first happen in 2000 that was by far the best one ever!

Scared me of course I'm a scardey-cat wink.gif

I hate to say it but I have a feeling some of the ideas and plans for this years FearFest may be changing right now. With the recent layoffs by Cedar Fair they took the major player out of the FearFest game.

Maze of Madness was originally suppose to be moved to the tower and expanded into a much larger and better attraction, but now I have heard that the plans for that had to be scrapped in the wake of recent action at the park.

And Pssss....that white tent that is housing all the CornStalker pieces is also holding a lot of other set pieces and decorations, sorry to burst your bubble but that is simply a staging area for the decor crew

Yes, the major organizer behind FearFest, Bill Balfour, is no longer part of Kings Island. But I heard that plans were pretty much set in stone for FearFest this year. We`ll just have to wait and see what happens. Regardless, I think everyone feels that there will be at least one new thing at FearFest this year, or at least a change of location/name from the haunts they had last year.

^That's a good point, I could see that being a major possibility, they have the old FC que and the lazer tag building/cinema 180 building but the use of that would depend on how far away it is from the other haunts but with the stagin tent using the same acess road they sit on and Action FX theatre right there (probably showing some fearfest movie) I could see that as a good possibilyt. Good thinking Paul.

Yeah, that could be a possibility now that the Lazer Tage building is vacant. The fact that they already have somewhat of a queue area is a plus. Although they would have to do some work on the queue area, as it currently is not in the best of shape as seen here. And of course, they filled in the original entrance to Flight Commander from the queue house with concrete when they put the Eurobungees there.

^I was wondering where those pictures where, I was looking in the wrong gallery the entire time. Yeah, part of the que is closed off but it could still be of use to them, if only they would put a ride there. Twice they said they were going to put something there then nothing ever came of it. Eurobungee does not count. Those are some great pictures though, that can only be found on PKIC, ahh just more unique and exclusive content from PKIC.