Fearfest

StXsteven

And Pssss....that white tent that is housing all the CornStalker pieces is also holding a lot of other set pieces and decorations, sorry to burst your bubble but that is simply a staging area for the decor crew

Pssst....I know. I saw pieces to Massacre Manor and some of the scenery areas to Coney Mall. Along with some new props I think might be for PsychoPath.

Still, though, it's not entirely official that, just because there's cornSTALKERS parts over in CM, that it WILL be in CM. Last year, there were tons of spare parts to Curse of the Crypt in the white tent over by the Picnic Grove, but, come to find out, they put them up in the Maul as wonderfully done garden sets.

It will be interesting what Cedar Fair will do with our FearFest. Right now, it's almost too late to pull a Halloween Haunt by building up the mazes right now (although they're beginning to clear out some building space right now). So they had better not make a HalloWeekends clone by only having three measly attractions (albeit using their White Water Landing as a maze).

PKICentral.com -- Because PKI.com isn't informative enough. smile.gif

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Pssss....that white tent that is housing all the CornStalker pieces is also holding a lot of other set pieces and decorations, sorry to burst your bubble but that is simply a staging area for the decor crew

Pssst....I know. I saw pieces to Massacre Manor and some of the scenery areas to Coney Mall. Along with some new props I think might be for PsychoPath.

Still, though, it's not entirely official that, just because there's cornSTALKERS parts over in CM, that it WILL be in CM. Last year, there were tons of spare parts to Curse of the Crypt in the white tent over by the Picnic Grove, but, come to find out, they put them up in the Maul as wonderfully done garden sets.

It will be interesting what Cedar Fair will do with our FearFest. Right now, it's almost too late to pull a Halloween Haunt by building up the mazes right now (although they're beginning to clear out some building space right now). So they had better not make a HalloWeekends clone by only having three measly attractions (albeit using their White Water Landing as a maze).

PKICentral.com -- Because PKI.com isn't informative enough. smile.gif

I have been working for fearfest for 5 year this will be my 6. I know they are hiring a lot more people this years. Cedar Fair now that fearfest is the highest draw for Kings Island. They have a lot planed this year and it sound good.

I'm starting to lose hope because they don't even seem to know what they are doing, they can't wait this long and expect a good attraction... does anyone know if they have deffinite plans yet?

I think Cedar Fair do not know what they want to do. I wish they would make up there minds to. They can not tell me what my maze will look like. I can't want to see what it will look like.

Well its not rumors.. my e-mails with the Entertainment Ops. Manager basically prove so.. read this e-mail.."Things have changed from the last time I wrote. Maze of Madness is returning to Coney Mall. It is no longer going to be under the Eiffel Tower. Massacre Manor is the new name for Fear Street, and we will

have a new maze Cowboy Carnage in Rivertown."

Things keep changing.. entirely. Everything that was said first has been changed. So maybe now this is deffinite, but it doesn't sound like it by these "rumors". Which I'm not saying they arn't but usually if someone posts on this forum and arn't torn apart theres some truth to the post.

You tell them Hauntguy. I work 6 years in MOM and now they are calling it The Asylum. It dose not maner were they put the maze, it is the people that make the maze the best. We have the greatest time in there. Were did they put you? They added two more day to fearfest Sep 29 and 30

I'm the host of the new attraction in Rivertown... And yes, the actors do MAKE the haunt! Maze of Madness has always had the best (and craziest) actors at the park... But I am challenging that (heehee).

So it seems to me that everyones main concern is a location and a name change? Come on people... you should worried about them cancelling the event! Or only running it 2 nights! Not some name change and a location change.

In the haunt business changes will happen all the way up too opening night! I don't know... they might decide to put me in the streets and not in a house. KI might decide to NOT do a trail this year. KI might have NO actors roaming at all...

Guys, just take what you are given and appreciate it! Fearfest will be the best, this year and all we can do is enjoy it! -Hauntguy

Talk nice all you want, but last year was a mess IMO.

It seemed like they were thinking about Winterfest too much and forgot fearfest and just slopped it together. Now with the CF in charge I just want to make sure they put in some more time into Fearfest.

It sounds like it's going to be a repeat of last year and that's all I'm saying. I never said it was going to close or only be open 2 nights because we know the truth, but I don't want MoM aka The Asylum to be screwed up because they didn't give it time.

MoM use to be awesome and I was extremely dissapointed with it last year altohugh it was still one of the better haunts.. but honestly thats not saying much.

But I do trust CF so I'm in between of worried of Fearfest and excited to see what they are going to do with it this year.

StXSteven, I actually thought that last year was one of the best years for FearFest. Yeah, towards the last weekend, they were concentrating more on WinterFest, especially that first weekend in November, but I don`t think that they "slopped it together." And Hauntguy is right. Do we really care whether Maze of Madness is in a tent under the Tower or in the building it always has been in if it is the same haunt? I don`t really care. Rest assured the park will pick up the pace in the coming weeks. Keep in mind that they still have more than a month to get everything ready. Thing will really fly once daily operation ends after the close of the park on this coming Wednesday.

Talk nice all you want, but last year was a mess IMO.

It seemed like they were thinking about Winterfest too much and forgot fearfest and just slopped it together. Now with the CF in charge I just want to make sure they put in some more time into Fearfest.

It sounds like it's going to be a repeat of last year and that's all I'm saying. I never said it was going to close or only be open 2 nights because we know the truth, but I don't want MoM aka The Asylum to be screwed up because they didn't give it time.

MoM use to be awesome and I was extremely dissapointed with it last year altohugh it was still one of the better haunts.. but honestly thats not saying much.

But I do trust CF so I'm in between of worried of Fearfest and excited to see what they are going to do with it this year.

Not tryin to start a fight or anything but u need to calm down your ripping ki like no tommorrow... fearfest was really good last year but seriously look what your yelling about

peace,

collin

STXsteven if you are all worry about fearfest come out and try out for it. We need a the performer that we can get. Come show that you want to make fearfest the best. I was so good that they put my pic in the Kings Map for fearfest. I know CP is backing us allup and giving us the money to make it happen. You will have a great time.

I have read every post on this page and Im convinced that no matter what happens or where things are or when stuff is opened that this Fearfest should be the best ever and I have only been to a select few Scare events /haunts so lets see how good you can scare ME! Im ready I want to see a great Haunt this year

~Gabe~

I'm the host of the new attraction in Rivertown... I'll be the VERY FIRST monster you'll meet in the haunt. Believe me, I'll get right in your face...heehee! So I'll be looking for you too! -Hauntguy

While your at it look for me hauntguy I'm 5'5 kinda buff and I always were scooby-doo shirts or just look for the scooby doo tattoo on my arm. wink.gif

Looking forward to this years fearfest more so than the other years. rolleyes.gif

Last year was nothing but longlines, unenjoyable haunts but with pretty colors, and very unintense haunts.

It seemed extremely slopped together.. my guess is you didn't get to check out Headless Hollow? The only new haunt. Extremely dull, I honestly couldn't imagine it being worse. You know exactly where the actors are located(behind each crate) so nothing unexpected. We went in with little kids(one being 5, the other one we weren't told his age.. maybe twins?) they told there mom they were bored. That is saying ALOT IMO.

Fear Street nights was just brightened up, with stuff added, making it duller, but still one of the best haunts of last year.

Psychopath was a walkthrough mess no screams were heard when I went through.. numerous times actually.

I'm sure you know why I don't like Circus of Horrors..

I care where maze of madness is because I would love to see it under the tower I think that wolud be cool.

Yeah its true they have just very little over a month I just think they should have the idea of what they want to do prepared.

STXsteven if you are all worry about fearfest come out and try out for it. We need a the performer that we can get. Come show that you want to make fearfest the best. I was so good that they put my pic in the Kings Map for fearfest. I know CP is backing us allup and giving us the money to make it happen. You will have a great time.

I'll be 16 soon but not soon enough sad.gif