Trip Report - Sunday July 30

Trip Report on Sunday July 30, 2006 @ Kings Island

We ( Daughter 6, son 21 wife and myself ) left Indianapolis @ 7:30am got to into the park for rope drop at 9:50 am. Wife always takes daughter to Nick Universe first, I took son to ride Face/off, Delirium then 2 rides on Flight of Fear with no waits. It’ was now 10:40am so I rush back to our car and drive to Boomerang Bay gate, get in with only 5 minutes to spare before it opens to non Gold Club Guest find chairs in shaded area by wave pool. I swam in a near empty wave pool as the pool just opened .Wife and Daughter joined us , then we rode down snowy river 2 times and Sydney Sidewinder 2 times with only about 5 minute wait for each trip down. We then relax for a little with a trip around Crocodile Run. It’s now 12:10 pm so we ride the K.I. & Miami Valley Railroad back to the park side with t-shirts over our swim suites so we can get on the train. We then rode White Water Canyon with 10 min wait. Next we rode Rugrats Runaway Reptar, Avatar, Fairly Odd Coaster and SpongeBob SquarPants Bikini Bottom Bash twice. Then we went back to Boomerang Bay to get lunch and to rest after a very busy morning. We swam and rested until 5pm.

Then we all drove back to the Front gates. We went straight to pick-up our Gold Pass speed lane passes and noticed the School of Rock Show was getting ready to start so we had to watch it again. It is truly a great show and air conditioned too! We then rode Delirium again, then convinced daughter to ride Adventure Express for her first time as she is only tall enough by only centimeters , she did like it. Then we rode The Italian Job: Stunt Track, The Beast, Wild Thornberry’s River Adventure, Scooby-Doo & the Haunted Castle with speed lane passes and no waits,

It was now around 8pm and got some snacks & drinks and went to catch the last show for the day of Pop Star Challenge On International Street. We realized that maybe we should enroll our daughter in some dance classes as she was half the show for us.

For the last hour my son convinced his sister to ride Viking Fury for her first time, they sat on one side of the ship and my wife and I sat on the other side facing them. I felt like if I yelled when we went up high that my daughter would not think about the ride but would participate in the yelling back and forth. She did and when the ride stopped she wanted to go again & again & again until her brother couldn’t take any more. So up front to watch fireworks at 10pm, after the fireworks we went and bought two outfits for my daughters Bears. By the time we were leaving King Island parking lot, daughter was asleep and my son announced that we go at a too fast pace for him.

One last note: When we rode Delirium at 6pm two employees really made our daughter’s day.

I believe the girls name that was working at the time was Marian and I remember the operators name was Chris. We’ll when Marian took our passes she told our daughter to stay with her, then when the ride was locked and loaded Chris told our daughter to say All Clear over the rides PA system. Then several people clapped for her and she was very exited. After the ride she told us that when she grows up ( hopefully not to soon ) that she wants to work at King Island.

Thanks Kings Island for another great day

Great trip report avatar, its nice to see familys still having a great time and making a day out of it even on one of the more crowed days. If your daughter wants to start brushing up on being a ride op she can check out some of admiral ackbars scketches of the control pannels laugh.gif Great TR! I really enjoyued reading it!

As funny as it is CombatStupendous89 about my daughter learning the control panels for the various rides. I’m seriously considering it after last night; she decided to play like she was working in the games area. I had to trill a hat, throw balls in an upside down kids drum and when I would miss on purpose: I still had to pick a prize!! And let me tell you I was very glad she couldn’t find her mister microphone. So I think for the sanity of this house, Training for rides operator is the lesser of two evils