*Rajir

*KDogg and wife

*TheKlockster

*Captain Nemo

*CombatStupendous89

*Guest (Avatar's friend)

*Guest (Reon's friend)

*Guest (harvestofyoursorrow's friend)

Like I said, the main part of the trip would be all the Ohio CF properties. That alone should take 3 or 4 days (depending on how long we stay at CP). After that, we could go down to HW and hit SFKK on the way there, since it's more or less on route. That would last another day or two. The only problem is that we'd need a definate route, so that we would eventually end up back where we started.

I hear that GL can be done in an hour or so, so wouldn't it be best to hit it on the way to or from CP?

Also, the only reason I mentioned SFKK is if we want to do HW. It's on the way there, so it would be a possible sidetrip.

This sounds fun...

I'd suggest finding out who is really interested in going on the trip, then select a park most central to everyone for the initial meeting place and go from there.

I'd also suggest putting someone in charge of travel arrangements and park admissions. Then give everyone the option of 'pre-registering', where they send in a certain amount to reserve group-rate tickets at the parks as well as motels along the way. The registration fee would be non-refundable, of course.

Another cool idea would be to have some t-shirts made up with whatever new PKI.... err, KICentral logo, complete with the member's avatar and screenname. The cost of these would be included in the aforementioned registration.

Just some ideas from the 'Dogg hosue...

I like the idea of going north. We should start with PKI and finish with CP simply because CP would be a little more climactic since it's not the home park for a lot of us.

Maybe KI, CP, GL, and then end back at KI? That way we can go straight to lake Erie, and not get side-tracked in Cleveland.

But yeah, I agree with alot of KDogg's ideas. Who's interested, and who lives where? Let's get that established before we decide our route....

As for me, right here in Cincinnati, though I'm going to college in Huntington WV. Not like that matters though, if we plan on going midsummer.

• 3 weeks later...

Right now we're in the planning phase. Just state where you live for now, so we can figure out where a good initial meeting place would be..After we get a starting point, we can decide on a good route from there...

Also, in terms of transportation: If we want to rent a coach bus, we should hold a max of 50ish people...

I used to be a youth hockey commissioner, and one of my duties was making travel arrangements for 1-3 teams every week. I think the bus idea is a great idea and would keep everyone rested and together. Also most hotels if you ask and you reserve more than 10-12 rooms will put your groups name and message up on their marquee and with a little persuasion they will throw in a hospitality room for no charge. I also think if you could do a projected cost analyses for the total cost of the whole trip, I think you may get a more serious commitment from everyone.

Just add up what you think it would cost for tickets, hotel.1 or 2 meals, transportation, shirts (maybe a sponsor, to cover cost of shirts). Then put it out there.

Another avenue to take is to contact a travel agent to take care of everything; they make a commission for the booking so they don’t charge us for the service. But sometimes with a travel agent you get less perks. You would be surprised when you tell conventions and marketing personnel that you’re shopping around, they start lowering rates and throw in perks. Bottom line they’ll give you nothing if you don’t ask for more. I have a customer of mine that runs a very large silkscreen/embroidery business and we could get some work done through them.

One final thought; the first part to middle part of June is cheaper on hotel rates than in late June through late August.

Doing it the manual way: $124.99 For all the parks, including pizza and drinks at GL.

I can't do hotels yet, because I don't know what route we're taking. I assume that we'll stay at Great Wolf in Sandusky between CP and GL, but I'm sure I can find a cheaper alternative. What site can I go to find deals on Coach busses.

As for food on the road, we're all from the midwest more or less. We can take a poll of where to go and when...

In my opinion there are a lot of college students that would be involved with the trip you may want to go for a low price on hotels. Also if your from the Cincinnati area look up charter bus services in the phone book and just call believe me they want the opportunity to get your business. Tell them sometime in June and 2-3 days and a basic route, see what that gives you. O’matter what it will be cheaper and safer for everyone to take a bus. If you would like to PM me with your contact info I can get more into detail. If any members or guest of PKI Central are interested in this trip now would be a good time to show interest, by posting you interest on this thread.

Seriously. The reason that I'm holding back on planning is because I dont know whos interested on going. We need to work the route around who can go, and where they live...

As for the greatwolf, that was more of a treat for whos going, but I see where you're coming from, and a cheap hotel would also work...

Possible route scenario meet at Kings Island after 6pm ish. Meet and give out info enjoy the park. Everyone on their own fist night meet at 6-7am for ride to Cedar Point spend whole day there and stay over night. Next day same thing 6-7 am then onto GL spend the whole day there board bus to return trip to Kings Island.

Also maybe a separate trip to Great Wolf Lodge & Kings Island should be done for opening day weekend for Kings Island

That could work. I still say find out everyone's location first, but this IS a KI comunity...

For busses, would greyhound work? I'm in WV for the year, so I can't exactly look in an Ohio phonebook. But I'm pretty sure Greyhound is available anywhere, and I've ridden them multiple times..

Let's work on what we have thus far, I'll make a list of things to do and who to check with. I know it seems like alot to do but it really falls togather and the rewards of a trip like this is priceless!!

So again we need to know who's interrested, it's not a comittment yet!!

No you dont' want to do Greyhound, Is There anyone in the cincinnati area that could at lest PM one of us with phone #'s of decent charterbus services.