Official PKIC Trip?

Reon

THE LIST! (Everyone who's location has been confirmed and wants to go)

*Reon (Cincinnati OH, Huntington WV for the schoolyear)

*harvesterofyoursorrow (Beavercreek OH, just East of Dayton)

*hauntguy (NKU, Newport-ish KY)

*PKI Beast (Huntington WV)

*PhantomTheater (Cleveland OH)

*SOB TOM (NKU)

*BoddaH1994 (NKU)

*zosoBeast (Cincinnati OH)

*Rajir (Cinci)

*Guest (Avatar's friend)

*Guest (Reon's friend)

*Guest (harvestofyoursorrow's friend)

LIST PART 2! (People who are interested, but haven't listed their locations...)

*KDogg

There are a few more who have posted in this thead about going, but I don't know if they were joking or not (sarcastic posts)

*Adds to list* Heh. I almost went to NKU, but then my parents convinced me to go to Marshall...

What do you mean you can only go to KI? Is it some sort of financial problem, or are you not alloud to travel? You could still meet us for just KI, but it would be nicer if you could be on the rest of the trip...

Yay double posts!

To answer your question, the date is still being discussed, but I think sometime in mid-late June would work best. But yeah, you can still do the KI meetup. You'll just have to get your own ride up and back...

@Beast: Not yet. Me and Avatar are making arrangements right now, and we should get to work on it later this afternoon...Also, yay for giving you your 1900th post! And also also go Herd! I'm actually in Marching band if you want to see me during one of the games...

I think you should slow down and just try a KI meet up and see what happens. As in the past 70% don't show up when they say they will.

There has almost every year been a meet for PKIC at the end of season. If there will be one this year that would be the time for you to see how well it works.

The thing thats bad is when the give free tickets out for the last day. I don't see that as a problem this year but who knows.

I think you should slow down and just try a KI meet up and see what happens. As in the past 70% don't show up when they say they will.

There has almost every year been a meet for PKIC at the end of season. If there will be one this year that would be the time for you to see how well it works.

The thing thats bad is when the give free tickets out for the last day. I don't see that as a problem this year but who knows.

The PKIC meetups are usually very successful. I'm sure that if we gave enough notice, it wouldn't be an issue.

Location: Edgewood, KY - 20mins west of NKU. I happen to be at NKU right now outside of the library on my laptop... waiting for the stupid shuttle!

SOB: I'll add you to the list now, and change Ryan, since I now know his location...

As for the annual meetup, no one ever informed me of this *crys*. However, I think a midsummer trip works better, for those of us in college. That way it won't interfere with our scheduals...

Also, another route popped into my mind:

Day one: Meetup at KI, and just do that all day. Lodgings still unknown.

Day two: Hop on the bus, and head to CP. Lodgings at some onsite property..(Researching cheapest one)

Day three: Finish up at CP,a nd then get on the bus to GL. I don't know how long we should spend there,so I don't know if we should bother with a hotel for that one.

I think although this way might be more expensive, it gives us the following benefits:

*2-day pass to CP

*ERT on Maverick, or whatever CP offers for ERT these days...

*We won't have to leave as early to get to CP, since we have 2 days on the passes...(Thus allowing those of us that want to an opportunity to sleep in)

*Something else that I'm forgetting right now..

OK this is a very rough draft the bus can hold 34 guests or 54 guests. Which would include 4-6 TV monitors and air conditioning and on board restroom.

Prices do NOT include tickets some guests may already have tickets for the various parks that we would be attending. But a group rate price would be available for those who may need them.

Hotel would be of moderate type and would be booked as (2) Two adults per room. Your price could go down per person if more adults roomed together.

Shirts would be silked screened with large design on back and small design on front, with personal avatar name on the front. Maybe we could get a sponsor to cover the cost of the shirts, but for know it’s figured in

Meals would be included for 2-3, hamburgers and pizza style dinners. If everyone wanted better meals, maybe just 1-2 nicer meals included in price instead.

Again a very rough draft

With 34 Guests going 1) for one night stay over approx. $155.00 per person

2) For two night stay over approx. $205.00 per person

With 54 Guests going 1) for one night stay over approx. $140.00 per person

2) For two night stay over approx. $190.00 per person

Please keep in mind for the second night is giving us a room, bus and driver in the two day rate

On the list above will anybody on it be bringing some one with them?

I would be willing to pay for ½ for 2 Guest that may need it.

Avatar, I want to thank you and Reon for looking into this for us. This is shaping up to be something really cool. If your figures are relatively close, then that is a pretty good deal.

Like I said in a post earlier, we need to have some kind of no cancellation policy (unless there is some extreme duress) so that we don't have a bunch of now shows. Don't know how you guys feel about that one. I just don't want to send money and then have to get a refund if people start cancelling left and right for any reason. I'd like to hear some other people's thoughts on this.

Hotel would be of moderate type and would be booked as (2) Two adults per room. Your price could go down per person if more adults roomed together.

I would be ok with four to a room. However, I refuse to bunk with Ryan. wink.gif

The prices will be in that range the difference is weekend or weekday rates. I have contacted another Cincinnati Charter Bus Service and they will get back to me tomorrow. I’m having them give me a quote from KI at 6am to GL then leave in the evening to go to a CP area hotel, then next morning go to CP back to hotel then half day at CP before leaving to come back to KI.

Also if members did this on their own they would be able to do it a little cheaper, but this is more like an event. I’m looking forward to meeting you all and to experience some new parks with members that know the ends and outs of the different parks.

The first Bus Company says they have reclining seats and pull down work trays. Second Bus Company says they can do as few as 23 members. As long as there is at least one other member willing to go, this trip will happen!! I think the members who do go will be in for a great memorable trip.

As far as money up front, it will be very minimal and then later enough to cover cost of their portion of the bus trip. We can cancel hotel rooms but bus fare would haft to be passed onto the other participating members if we don’t do it that way. I think we should put up some polls in the POLLS section to get a feel for member’s personal preferences. And by voting that way it would be anonymous.

This isnt including park admission, correct?

P.S. Its awsome your researching this!

Park admissions are NOT included, but for those who would need them, group rates would be avaliable

I used to do this all the time, I enjoy doing it, you meet alot of good people and learn from it. Once you do it once or twice, you'll see that its easier than it looks.

I leave for a few hours to go school shopping, and look what I miss... Oh well, thanks for doing all that research Avatar. Sorry that I forgot to call you, but I didn't think planning would work if I was away from the computer...

Anyways, I still say go with the CP 2-day pass. Maverick is CF's "big thing" for 2007, and I'm sure we'd llike to ride it as many times as possible. Not to mention it's the flagship park, so lines will be extra long...

Also, if we go with everybody paying for a group rate, we should get the benefit of ERT if it's offered. That's how it usually works in large group meets. Thats another reason why I want us to stay onsite of CP, because they always offer early morning ERT... As far as sponsers go, my dad's friend makes T-shirts professionally. Maybe I can ask him?

*2-day pass to CP

*ERT on Maverick, or whatever CP offers for ERT these days...

*We won't have to leave as early to get to CP, since we have 2 days on the passes...(Thus allowing those of us that want to an opportunity to sleep in)

Just to make it clear so far it would be 1 day at KI

¾ day at GL.

1 ½ days at CP

It is possible to make CP 2 full days and get back super late on second night there.

Are you saying there is special deals for ERT at CP for guest staying at choice hotels

Also earlier you mentioned about sleeping in but also about taking advantage of ERT

Just a little confused there.

Also if we are going to do shirts (and I think we should) and we are going for need to have a rule for maximum number of days that shirts can be worn!!!!!

1.5 days at the Point is fine. What I'm saying about ERT is this: In my experience, any time you stay overnight at one of the CP properties (Breakers, the cabins, etc), you automatically recieve ERT on whichever rides they offer it for the next morning...

I edited my last post check out the shirt rule and let me know what you stink.

Would you call and check out what hotels offer ERT"s and what the restrictions for them are. Thats why I was saying leave GL 1st day early to get to a particapating CP ERT hotel. If you don't mind I would like to try to make the deal with what ever hotel we decide on.

What I stink, eh? I think that we can wear them 2 days if we bring some sort of deodarent or something...

Sure, I'll go check out the hotel situation right now *goes off to sites*

Hotel Breakers, Castaway Bay, Sandcastle, Camper Village, Lighthouse Point, Breakers Express, and the Marinas all offer ERT. Aside from Castaway, Breakers Express and maybe Marinas, all of the above hotels are on the CP penninsula...

WOW GUYS! I had no idea you guys were really this far into this!

I think the first thing is that everyone that is interested in going should all meet up for Kings Islands last day of operation this year. That way we all meet and share ideas and what not.

But other than that, totally count me in. Just dont put me in the same room as Tom OR Ryan.

TURBO SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill

"Welcome Aboard ZosoBeast" glad to hear your in!!!

If everyone would like to meet later in this season that would be fine by me. But I would like to at least get the planning and price some what firm by then so members can plan accordingly. Plus my business is getting ready to do a large expansion into Ohio by Oct 1, so I kinda need to get on this as soon as I can.