Son of Beast To Be Partly Rebuilt

I recently e-mailed Maureen Kaiser to ask about the status of Sonny and she replied back to me. She stated that since July 9th incident, we have been working tirelessly with State of Ohio Department of Agriculture. They have replaced the affected wood and are running tests on the ride. Though they don't have an exact date as to when the ride will open, we are committed to making sure it does reopen.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Son of Beast will run again next season. The park needs a major drawer to the park and this one is it. The tallest, fastest, and only wood looping coaster in the USA. The park has other good attractions but this is the main reason that people go to this park. I will be the first in line when it reopens next season.

Son of Beast will run again next season. The park needs a major drawer to the park and this one is it. The tallest, fastest, and only wood looping coaster in the USA. The park has other good attractions but this is the main reason that people go to this park. I will be the first in line when it reopens next season.

Please site your sources as to what survey established that?

Has the park experienced any kind of drop in attendance since the closing that was not associated with end of season attendance projections?

Do they come to just look at it? Because most of the time the line is relatively short.

And no I'm not a SoB basher, I actually enjoy riding it, but to say that it is the biggest reason people come to the park couldn't be farther from the truth.

And many, having ridden it once, saw no reason to ever ride it again.

Others took a while to come to the same conclusion.

Still others liked the thing and want to see it come back.

Such is life.

That all being said, when...and even IF it comes back...that will be a business decision, based on money. The park business is, after all, a business. It will either make financial sense to bring the thing back, or it won't. The jury is quite literally still out.

Please site your sources as to what survey established that?

Has the park experienced any kind of drop in attendance since the closing that was not associated with end of season attendance projections?

I wouldn't say that she needs to cite sources since she told you guys that Maureen is saying that they are definitely working toward re-opening SOB. One would have to assume that it will be next season since that section has been repaired and they are testing again. Barring anything that would go wrong in the off-season testing, I would think it would be open by next year.