TR: Mt. Olympus 7/24

Reon

So yeah, in my latest trip to Madison with the folks, I convinced my cousin Ben and his friend to go to the Dells with me one afternoon. So we went. Yarrrrr. And now, for actual details, starting at when we got to Mt. Olympus. I'll rate each ride from 1-10...

The second I entered the actual park, I noticed a new path, which ran right through all the good coasters. Almost immediately, me and my cousin went up the ramp to Zeus..

Zues: 7/10

I take back everything nasty I said about this thing last year. It may not be the best ride in the park, but this thing is filled with ejector air. Even without all the trees it was origionally burried in, this 'thunderbolt' still packs a nice layout, with a double down, double up ending.

Next up was my favorite coaster in the world...

Cyclops: 100000000000000000.6/10

I cannot stress enough how much I love this ride! Each hill is packed with tremendous airtime, the layout is nicely woven, and there is a moment of air so severe that you almost fall out of the car itself. My only complaint about the ride is that it's too short.

After two rides on the one-eyed monster, it was time for the only line of the day...

Hades: 9/10

Comparing it to last year's ride, I'd say Hades has aged nicely. Though it's not nearly as prominent as Cyclops or Zues, this thing has some hints of air in it. Also, the 90* turns in pitch black pwn all.

After Hades, things took a turn for the worse. On the way to the Parthenon (which at that point was due to close soon), I spotted some goats. Now, I know you all must love them, but I don't do goats. They just disturb me. Anyways, the goat/petting zoo was a harbinger of ill omens. The most prominent was the Parthenon. As soon as I got in there, Opa closed (denied credit #2). So with regret, and some arcading, we trekked back.

Over by the carts, we were met by our final denied credit; the Dive to Atlantis water coaster. Apparently it closed, so we just went back to the GOOD stuff for some nighttime rides. Needless to say, the darkness really boosted each rides' ratings, especially Hades.

Finally, we left. I already had my Pegasus and Little Titans credits, and we weren't in the mood for any of their exellent go-cart tracks. Unfortunately, my cousin seemed a bit too eager to leave, so I wasn't able to buy a souvenier shirt. Also, he seemed to have forgoten to backtrack to Avalanche, so we just plain left the Dells after Mt. Olympus.

Overall, the park gets a 9, but the trip gets a 4 for being so sad and pathetic...All I'm going to say in my defence is this: Despite the goats closing down my credits, Mt. Olympus is an awesome park. CCI built them some great woodies, which are NOT to be missed...Plus they have some sweet go-cart tracks, and you can get into either any of their 4 parks (outdoor park, outdoor waterpark, Bay of Dreams indoor waterpark, Parthenon indoor amusement park) with admission to one park =D

Awsome.

I was there earlier this year and had a great time too. I have been on Hades 20 times, every row and I really think that the coaster isnt that good. I belive that Gravity Group actually miscalculated some aspects of the ride. both hills (coming back from the 2 tunnel sections and going back into the tunnel section) are perfect places for airtime, and they both lacked them.

Awsome.

I was there earlier this year and had a great time too. I have been on Hades 20 times, every row and I really think that the coaster isnt that good. I belive that Gravity Group actually miscalculated some aspects of the ride. both hills (coming back from the 2 tunnel sections and going back into the tunnel section) are perfect places for airtime, and they both lacked them.

I think the whole thing with those two hills is placement. When you come out of the first tunnel, your looking at nothing but parking lott and Riverview park across the road. Then you spiral around and back to dark. When you immerge again, your shrowded by the superstructure, and flying past the station at mach speed. That's my take on it atleast.

Also, I still can't believe I missed Avalanche. We drove right by it on the way to the park, and Ben promised we'd hit it on the way out. Grrr