2007 Season Pass Announcement coming

CoastersNSich

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The brand-new Cedar Fair Maxx Pass provides access to all 12 Cedar Fair amusement parks across the country, including both Cedar Point and Geauga Lake located in Ohio. This pass is priced at $125 for both adults and children. The Maxx Pass can be used at Paramount's Kings Island immediately and is valid at all Cedar Fair amusement parks during the 2007 season.

Taken from the press release at pki.com.

Well I guess they look at it this way. $124.95 is a steal for admission to 12 parks all season long. Lets say if the price for a day ticket for a child is 19.99 at all the parks, then 19.99 x 12 = $239.88 so its a good value if your going to travel alot. smile.gif Even if you only visit 12 times at the 3 ohio parks, it isn't a bad deal. Granted your getting a much better value with being an adult.

Well I guess they look at it this way.  $124.95 is a steal for admission to 12 parks all season long.  Lets say if the price for a day ticket for a child is 19.99 at all the parks, then 19.99 x 12 = $239.88 so its a good value if your going to travel alot.  smile.gif  Even if you only visit 12 times at the 3 ohio parks, it isn't a bad deal.  Granted your getting a much better value with being an adult.

I agree with you, if you live in central Ohio or like. But for us living in Indianapolis the chances of me taking her more than twice to another park is unlickly, therfor buying single day passes for the other parks would be our best option for her.

Yes that makes since as well. I figured out on my own as well, if I was to visit Cedar Point next summer, it wouldn't be worth for me buy the maxx pass. If I pay $74.95 for the PKI pass, then lets say admission to Cedar Point is $39.99 (Of course AAA always has discounts). It's still cheaper for me just to get the normal pass. So unless you plan on visiting all of the ohio parks next summer or other Cedar Fair parks, the maxx pass won't be worth it.

Disney World let's you upgrade from one type of season pass to a more elite type of season pass, all you haft to do is trade it in and pay the difference of the two. And I think they prorate it as well. I wonder if we would be able to buy Kings Island season passes now and then later on be able to upgrade to an Adult Maxx season pass, if we desired to do so?

Now, I'm not sure, but I'd guess that you could upgrade from a processed KI pass to a Maxx Pass. For adults, I would recommend getting the Maxx pass, if visiting Cedar Point for more than one day, as CP seems more of a two-day park, pass or no pass. However, since Senior and Junior admission is only $9.95 at CP, they should just get the KI only pass for $45 and buy day tickets for CP.

If you ask me, the pass options look great. A pass for only $75 for those who only want one park, Kings Island - this is going to sell well, as it has before - paying for itself in less than 2 visits! For only 50 more, access to Cedar Point among 11 other parks. Personally, I'd like to wait and see what CP passes will be, but I can't complain too much as I love going to all three of Ohio's 3 big parks, and next year, I can do so with one pass!

There is no information on PKI.com about season passes? What about the water parks are they included in Maxx Pass? Parking passes for other parks have been available at Geauga Lake/Cedar Point in the past years. Get rid of Joe Cool Club and keep the Gold Pass perks. Cedar Fair owns 14 properties now why aren't they including all properties in Maxx Pass? What parks aren't included? Why not have free parking at all parks or sell a parking pass for Ohio parks for example Geauga Lake/CP.

There is no information on PKI.com about season passes? What about the water parks are they included in Maxx Pass? Parking passes for other parks have been available at Geauga Lake/Cedar Point in the past years. Get rid of Joe Cool Club and keep the Gold Pass perks. Cedar Fair owns 14 properties now why aren't they including all properties in Maxx Pass? What parks aren't included? Why not have free parking at all parks or sell a parking pass for Ohio parks for example Geauga Lake/CP.

Cstrwomann, CoastersNSich answered that earlier in the thread...and that same information WAS on the website and in the press release, but is no longer on the web (I assume it has stayed the same, but it may change.) Anyway, here's what he said:

Yes, if you buy the Cedar Fair Maxx Pass, you get admission to ALL 12 Cedar Fair ride parks, including the "former" Paramount Parks. It doesn't include the Soak City or Oceans of Fun waterparks (separately gated). It DOES say that you get into Cedar Point AND Geauga Lake (including Wildwater Kingdom) with this pass.

Why not do the things you asked for? Because most people who buy passes only go to the other parks once, if at all, and there would be little demand for a parking pass at parks other than your home park. Or so I have been told for years. I still think they ought to at least try to sell a chainwide parking pass, and see what happens.

Note that Paramount Canada's Wonderland passes for 2007 do not include ANY other parks, and yes, I am talking about admission, not just parking.

As for getting rid of Joe Cool and keeping all the gold pass perks, I seem to remember that the company that owns Cedar Point bought Paramount Parks, not that Paramount Parks bought Cedar Fair. Look for things to become much more like Cedar Point and much less like Paramount Parks as time goes by, not the opposite.

Since I paid $116 or something very close to that for my pki pass this year(I bout it late this yearbecause I wasn't sure if I was going to get one) so $10 more to include other parks in the state sounds great to me. I've never been to G-Lakes because I only hear about it from the posters on here, never anyone I know.

And Cedar Point is a 4.5 hour drive for me so if I go with the axpass I'll at least try and go twice.

Sounds like a fair deal to me.. I looked but maybe not close enough, does anyone know whats going on with parking passes?

I live a half hour away from Geauga Lake and an hour from Cedar Point so I visit these parks more often then Kings Island. If they are going to offer free parking to Kings Island then why not offer it to Cedar Point and Geauga Lake also or all the parks that they own. People buy season passes because they like the perks and special treatment that Paramount offers their guests. The amusement parks are the 12 parks not Bonfante and Star Trek. The 5 seperate water parks are Soak City in California (3) Oceans Of Fun in MO, and Soak City in Ohio. Will there be an add on for the water parks? Anyone buy a pass yet from Kings Island?

My wife went to the park yesterday and she was told they didn't know the price's of the passe's so they couldn't sell her one, She told the girl there on the web page and the manager said they couldn't sell any passes. she told the manager

there advertising them on tv for sale, the web site, and Radio. and thanked them for wasteing a tank of gas. Not good start for a new companies take over.

We were there yesterday too. I already knew that we wouldn’t be able to renew our passes because of this site, but I acquired about the season passes any way. They made announcements by a PA system temporarily set up as you approached the front gates and before the security checks. Basically saying what we all have heard on this site and that if you where not going to be back before Oct 29th or that if you were there to purchase a new season pass for the first time, that you should go to the season pass processing center to fill out a form and that they would and did offer some kind of ticket for that day which could be used towards the purchase of the season Passes when they come available. Also they said that an representative from Kinks Island would personally get back to you to complete the process. I did this on may way in and on my way out, both times pretty much the same story. I felt sorry for Kings Island as they really came off to me anyway to be sympathetic with the guests and generally concerned. On Sunday morning they had Kathy working the Pa system and I went over to ask a question , she said she didn’t know the answer but directed me to the process center, well when I came back to meet back up with my family, Kathy asked me “what did they say“ so that she would know the answer for the next guest.