Went to Sea World/ Anyone been to Wild Adventures?

king_cobra_27

I went to Kings Island just over a week ago for my first and only time this year.

And just yesturday, I went to Sea World Orlando. And if you have heard any hype about their new SHAMU show......"BELIEVE".......BELIEVE IT!!!!!

IT'S AWESOME

I went to see the "Making of Believe" a few months ago during a Zoo Technology class trip, and I thought that it looked like it was going to be a phenominal show then. Now, after seeing the full show, I can say that they have trained these Killer Whales to do some pretty amazing stunts. Not that their old show was not amazing.

They interact more with the trainers now. And 3 whales are involved with the show. It is incredible to see 3 Killer Whales rise out of the water and onto a platform at the same time. On top of all of this, they have added 4 massive plasma screens to help the show move along. These things move left and right, and rotate 360 degrees. And their are new lighting effects, and their is a new soundtrack that is just amazing. If you get a chance to go to Sea World anytime soon, I highly reccomend that you check out "BELIEVE"!!!! smile.gif

I remember when Kings Island used to put on great shows with Seals and Dolphins, back when they had the Wild Animal Habitat. It's a shame that they do not do this anymore. sad.gif

Anyways, I am planning a trip in about a week to "Wild Adventures" in Valdosta Georgia. I have never been to this park before, and I have never talked to any more than a few people who had. I have looked it up online, and I have looked at a park map. " It surprisingly looks a lot like what Kings Island looked like pre-paramount. With an animal safari, a large number of roller coasters, wooden and steel, a kids area, animal shows, themed areas and all. This makes me really want to visit this park. tongue.gif

My question is has anyone been to "Wild Adventures" before? And if so, would you tell me what it is like in your opinion? Thanks for any input. cool.gif

I’m really glad you had such a great trip. We are going to Disney World from Sept 27th thru Oct 10th and are staying on site for the entire trip. But after reading the excitement in you trip report about the show “Believe†it’s making me think that maybe we should take at least one day and go over to see Sea World.

Nice Report I have always wanted to go to SeaWorld in Orlando.

I remember when Kings Island used to put on great shows with Seals and Dolphins, back when they had the Wild Animal Habitat. It's a shame that they do not do this anymore.

They dont have that anymore because they got in trouble for Animal Abuse the tanks were always dirty etc..

They dont have that anymore because they got in trouble for Animal Abuse the tanks were always dirty etc..

With all due respect, wheres your proof of that?

Good TR King_Cobra_27! I went to Sea World Orlando for the first time back in 2004 but wasnt too thrilled with it. Its a well run park that looks beautiful and has great employees. The side across the bridge where you have the pearl divers and stuff looked very new and very nice while they area with the sitngray tanks and atlantis coaster seemed a little dated. The giant shamu stadium also seemed a little dated as did the food stalls and other thing saround it but it was still neat. I'm glad I got to go but I'm not really into the whole animal adventure thing, its just not as amazing when theres a million little kids screaming around you who wanna touch the dolphins first. I'd say the onyl thing I really liked was Kraken, which is an amazing coaster.

I remember when Kings Island used to put on great shows with Seals and Dolphins, back when they had the Wild Animal Habitat. It's a shame that they do not do this anymore.

Man, what are you on?

The park has never been accused of any kind of abuse or neglect of animals.

In fact, it was at one time it was a leader in animal reproductive studies.

Please get your facts right before spreading such garbage.

Kings Island never got into trouble for animal abuse that I can ever recall. My brother worked at KI back then and he was on one of the crews that cleaned the tanks. Your just starting rumors.

With all due respect, wheres your proof of that?

Good TR King_Cobra_27! I went to Sea World Orlando for the first time back in 2004 but wasnt too thrilled with it. Its a well run park that looks beautiful and has great employees. The side across the bridge where you have the pearl divers and stuff looked very new and very nice while they area with the sitngray tanks and atlantis coaster seemed a little dated. The giant shamu stadium also seemed a little dated as did the food stalls and other thing saround it but it was still neat. I'm glad I got to go but I'm not really into the whole animal adventure thing, its just not as amazing when theres a million little kids screaming around you who wanna touch the dolphins first. I'd say the onyl thing I really liked was Kraken, which is an amazing coaster.

No Now they did get in trouble for animal abuse thats why is was taken out I had a cousin that worked at KI then it was hidden from the public I was told they got into deep trouble for not having enough space for the dolphins and the seals werent prop housed ..aslo the tank that the dolphins lived in was dirty.

Rumors I think not

No I remember hearing that the Dolphins pool was too small and they had to be moved or else be cited as animal abuse.

Just because you worked at KI doesnt mean it didnt happen look at Disney World they ALWAYS hide wrong doings from the publics eye and from there employees.

First the good news. Kings Island was a partner with the Cincinnati Zoo, a world leader in animal care. There was NO abuse. Period.

Now, the bad news. I've been to Wild Adventures. I believe in truth telling. If the park is relatively empty, you can have a good time there. The steel coasters are okay, and the flume is hysterical. You can and will get very wet on that thing. Cheetah, the wood coaster, is a CCI that has not been, how to put this?, meticulously maintained. Every time I have ridden it (except for the first year), it has been very rough and vibrate-y.

The employees in the park are lackadaisical at best.

The simulator ride at that park is, without exception, the worst I have ever ridden. The film is almost always out of focus, the two projectors are out of sync with each other, and the entire experience usually gives me a headache.

That said, if you go intending to have fun, you no doubt will. I'd strongly recommend a trip to Lake Winnie near Chattanooga, Tennessee instead, if at all possible. Or to Six Flags Over Georgia. Much better time. . .

I am going to make a comment about the animal cruelty claim by Bowser.

I have never heard about any such claim before. And believe me, I keep myself very informed about zoological facilities from both the past and the present.

It has been a while since I have been to the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden, but I am quite sure that this AZA approved zoo recognizes the accomplishments achieved at Kings Island in an informative section of the park entitled C.R.E.W. or the Center for Research of Endangered Wildlife. Wild Animal Habitat once sustained very successful breeding programs. Some of which have not been matched by any other facility to date. I find it very unlikely that the park which proudly displayed the Lion Country Safari to the public could have been in the least bit responsible for animal cruelty.

And besides, I remember these animal shows like they were yesturday. The dolphins and seals displayed performed well every time that I got to see the shows. Very well. So well in fact that I have been wanting to work with these and other animals ever since. And that is what I am going to school to do now. But what I am trying to say is that animals do not appear healthy or perform healthy if they are kept in poor conditions. So I highly doubt that Kings Island is guilty of such an act.

K.C.

I am going to make a comment about the animal cruelty claim by Bowser.

I have never heard about any such claim before. And believe me, I keep myself very informed about zoological facilities from both the past and the present.

It has been a while since I have been to the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden, but I am quite sure that this AZA approved zoo recognizes the accomplishments achieved at Kings Island in an informative section of the park entitled C.R.E.W. or the Center for Research of Endangered Wildlife. Wild Animal Habitat once sustained very successful breeding programs. Some of which have not been matched by any other facility to date. I find it very unlikely that the park which  proudly displayed the Lion Country Safari to the public could have been in the least bit responsible for animal cruelty.

And besides, I remember these animal shows like they were yesturday. The dolphins and seals  displayed performed well every time that I got to see the shows. Very well. So well in fact that I have been wanting to work with these and other animals ever since. And that is what I am going to school to do now. But what I am trying to say is that animals do not appear healthy or perform healthy if they are kept in poor conditions. So I highly doubt that Kings Island is guilty of such an act.

K.C.

So then you and I are in the same boat ..you may not know BECAUSE THEY HIDE IT FROM THE PUBLIC...how many times must I say that! dry.gif

I remember that show very very well but I was told by my cousin who worked with the animals that they took it out and that was due to the fact the living space was too small and it was a money issue mostly.Yeah the lion country safari was easy to care for while marine animals are much much harder they need lotsa room to swim and play etc.

I adore all animals heck I like animals a lot more than I like people.Nuff said blink.gif

I was at the Cincinnati Zoo 1 week ago and let me say the Wings of the World attraction smells REALLY bad so did the Cat House.

• 1 year later...

OK. the animal rights activist is stepping in now. I'm not really happy about such a post without confirmation. If you have hard evidence then fine. The Cincinnati Zoo would never allow such a thing. (I am pretty sure if I remember correctly they really did work with them) And if KI was having troubles keeping those things up, then I would think it was corrected by removing the shows/safari anyways. Meaning, someone did the right thing ANYWAYS, EVEN IF THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED (which I doubt). I don't want to argue this too much, I'm going to call the ASPCA and ask them to get me records of the animals conditions. Since I send them money, I'm sure they won't mind at least telling me where to find them if they can't. If they came from the Zoo, there are records and someone would have been in big trouble over it.

I'm a member of the ASPCA and even if Kings Island did hide it, the authorities and probably every animal rights organization in the country would have been ready to give KI the shaft. I am not so sure they would still be open after the lawsuits and boycotts that would ensue.

IF THEY DID HIDE IT, WHY DID YOUR FAMILY MEMBER NOT REPORT IT? Because they thought they might lose their job? I wouldn't want to work for a company like that.

And if your family member didn't report it, that's just wrong.

BY THE WAY, how could you STILL support KI after such an awful thing. That reflects poorly on your character as well. But I don't know the whole situation, SO BEFORE YOU FLAME ME THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

You DO realize you just replied to a post that is over a year and a half old, right?

And that King Bowser hasn't posted to this board in many a moon ....

This has been one of the true LOL moments on this board :D

Maybe someone can go back and reply to one of the "there's absolutely no way Paramount would ever sell the parks" threads ;)

^ Yeah...I was going to give him the benefit of a doubt and chock that one up to cross posting ;)

What's funny is that I hadn't looked at the dates until I read your post, and the whole time I was thinking "when did King Bowser come back???" :)

OK. the animal rights activist is stepping in now. I'm not really happy about such a post without confirmation. If you have hard evidence then fine. The Cincinnati Zoo would never allow such a thing. (I am pretty sure if I remember correctly they really did work with them) And if KI was having troubles keeping those things up, then I would think it was corrected by removing the shows/safari anyways. Meaning, someone did the right thing ANYWAYS, EVEN IF THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED (which I doubt). I don't want to argue this too much, I'm going to call the ASPCA and ask them to get me records of the animals conditions. Since I send them money, I'm sure they won't mind at least telling me where to find them if they can't. If they came from the Zoo, there are records and someone would have been in big trouble over it.

I'm a member of the ASPCA and even if Kings Island did hide it, the authorities and probably every animal rights organization in the country would have been ready to give KI the shaft. I am not so sure they would still be open after the lawsuits and boycotts that would ensue.

IF THEY DID HIDE IT, WHY DID YOUR FAMILY MEMBER NOT REPORT IT? Because they thought they might lose their job? I wouldn't want to work for a company like that.

And if your family member didn't report it, that's just wrong.

BY THE WAY, how could you STILL support KI after such an awful thing. That reflects poorly on your character as well. But I don't know the whole situation, SO BEFORE YOU FLAME ME THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

The animal rights activist is stepping in?? I've read your comments a few times over, and I'm confuzzled. I'm confused about how being a member of the Society of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is going to gain you access to animals previous existing conditions. This is information that is usually shared between zoo curators, and if necessary, attorneys. Until recently, it is not even a guaranteed factor that you can recieve all information regarding animal treatment and health, if any. You see, at the time that Lion Safari shut down, the business regarding animal caretaking was in the finalization process of a transformation. One leading to very specific animal records consisting of the animals birthplace, owners, parents, pedigree, developing monohybrid/dyhybrid crosses, disease, treatment, daily care, vet checkups, etc. Because only in the last 20-30 years have zoo's actually decided that animals need to be examined, and housed in a very delicate manner. And most of this improvement has only been in place for around a decade. Up until this point, it is admitted that animals did not recieve the best of care. I'm not going to go into details. There are simply too many to name. If you are interested in knowing a vast knowledge of zoo history, please look up "The Introduction of Zoo's and Aquariums" by Samuel Steinbeck. You will find that even Kings Island's Animal Habitat is listed in the book. But it is text for advanced readers. Many children ( whom I encourage heavy reading ) would probably find themselves dashing to their dictionary every other paragraph.

I am not trying to belittle you Sora. I am trying to give you a reference to look for, which might give you some of your answers. After all, I'm a big Kingdom Hearts fan.

Silence your tongue, Opheophagu. You've spoken well, but you have abandoned this cause. And while I have your attention, answer my call sometime. I need for you to do something for me.

King Cobra? Opheophagus hannah.. Interesting. Do you even remember why it is in it's own classification? (LOL) I'll bet not. Here's a hint. 2 chambers of rotting vegetation. 1 for the eggs, and 1 for itself. The only elapid to do this. Don't take offense to it, I'm just kidding.

You seem passionate about this based on your response above. I respect that, but I honestly did not expect to hear a seminar about animals from you ever again. And just so that you know, personally, I'm referring to Akron.

m.f.