Photo TR: Pre-HW PKI Trip 4 August 2006

TheKlockster

I'll cut straight to the pics.

Face/Off was stuck when I got there.

user posted image

Son of Beast - Handle With Care! Poor sonny... :cry:

user posted image

Son of Beast has a tarp over the train now.

user posted image

Random guy chilling out on a countertop of a Coney Mall game.

user posted image

New green boxes in the Top Gun station showing operator positioning for dispatch, courtesy of Cedar Fair, L.P.

user posted image

Vortex got them too...

user posted image

Good ole bucky got a ride on The Vortex as well! :airtimer:

user posted image

You said Carl Eichelman...

user posted image

Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah! Stayin alive... Stayin alive! Yeah Beast got Cedar Fair'd too...

user posted image

Face/Off got some pink seats!!! :br

user posted image

I added a couple pins to my new collection.

user posted image

Random guy chilling out on a countertop of a Coney Mall game.

user posted image

Could he not walk 10 feet to his left to the bench under neath the tree? I hope security got that hoodlum and disposed of him properly! Great TR Adam and great pics as always, you are hands down one of the best amusement park photographers around, always finding unique angles not featured on other sites. Everyone visit www.klockster.com and check out his gallery, all done with a small Kodak camera. Sorry I couldnt join you that day, i was in the studio with combat stupendous.

I was there today, and noticed the green squares and was wondering what they were for. I also notice new signs on the way into the park that say "Welcome to Kings Island"......No "Paramount's" before the Kings Island. I'll post a report later since I haven't done one in a while.

I really don't know...and hate to read too much into it.

As the same time, I am inclined to agree. Could it be that they are replacing any seats that need to be replaced with new colors to begin the process of a retheme?

If it is, it looks kind of tacky...bright pink and teal seats mixed in every few rows of black seats and yellow and red track.

I almost wonder if it is a Cedar Fair influence. They love to use wild colors on things in their parks.

I find it hard to believe that CF could have ordered the seats, the manufacturor make the seats, have them delivered & installed in 5 weeks since the sale.

Not that it could not happen, but the chances are slim.

And *I* don't believe that Cedar Fair's input into park decisions began only after the sale was final. I think it began once the contract for sale was complete, and on minor things, like seat colors, Cedar Fair was consulted and their opinions ruled the day. After all, PP employees and managers knew that soon enough it would be the Cedar Fair people who would be calling the shots, so why not start satisfying them early?

They actually had a Bucky the beaver sketch on Vortex!!!

Signs of Cedar Fair everywhere.

I'm not that familiar with Bucky, but I do know that when you are on the boat ride at Cedar Fair, the automated beaver that chews down the tree is named Bucky.

I only remember this because I recorded the boat ride, and the tour guide exclaims that "Bucky's been workin on that tree all day" then the tree falls and he is like "that a boy Bucky"

Kinda pointless, but I think that it is kinda neat.

K.C.

lol... The story behind Bucky The Vortex Riding Beaver is totally unrelated to Cedar Fair or Cedar Point. I'm not 100% sure about the name - but I am pretty certain it also had nothing to do with Cedar Fair... laugh.gif Its a true story about hardship and the struggle for coexistance between a CLC who just reached her prime and a wood eating mammal. laugh.gif