Great Wolf Lodge Construction Preview!

Today the Great Wolf Lodge next to Paramount's Kings Island opened its doors to the members of the press for the first time! This update allows you, PKI fans, to get a first glimpse into the actual construction of this huge and elaborate hotel resort!!

In this hotel, expect to see rolling corridors full of happy families, wonderfully themed rooms and an extremely homey front “living room†lobby. I’m telling you, with all of the warmth and hospitality we were shown at the tour, I can only imagine the world-class service that this place will offer when they finally open in December!

This $100+ million dollar waterpark resort will feature 401 all-suite guest rooms, a 93,000 sq ft indoor entertainment area featuring a grand-scale waterpark, Elements – an Aveda Concept Spa, 100+ game arcade, a themed family restaurants and bar for the public to enjoy, Pizza Hut Express, Starbucks Café, gift emporium, an animated Great Clock Tower, and over 40,000 sq ft of meeting space!

The Great Wolf Lodge is scheduled to open in December of 2006 and the conference center with the conference center is slated to open in February of 2007!

Click here to see photos from the tour!

Regards,

Ryan

PKICentral.com – Stomp, Stomp, Clap, Clap, HOWL!!!!

Why was someone who worked at PKI at the tour? I thought Cedar Fair wasn't going to have anything to do with the hotel anymore? In one of the pics you can clearly see someone wearing a Paramount Parks name tag. Which will soon come a part of the past. But I still my 3 LOL.

When they said they are schduled to open in December are they still saying the 22nd or maybe a soft opening sooner? I think we will keep or reservation in december after seeing the pictures. It's actually fun to watch it grow and to build up the anticipation for the grand openning!!

That person with the Paramount name tag is Greg Scheid, the new General Manager and Executive Vice President of Paramount`s Kings Island. Cedar Fair brought him in to replace Tim Fisher who was simply acting general manager until the parks were sold. He was previousely the general manager at Dorney Park in Allentown, Pennsylvania.

Any news on wether you had to stay in the hotel for the waterpark, or do they have a separate admission for the waterpark?

From what they said at the event and from what the press packets reveal, the only feature that will be opened to the public year round is the spa they are building. Other than that, our tour guide said that at the moment no plans were being made for when guests not staying at the hotel could come in and use the waterpark, with the way it appears to be connected to the hotel, I dont see that ever happening. In the future I see it only being open exclusively to hotel guests. I'm glad to see everyone liked the update and enjoyed the pictures. More pictures and two videos will be up in the next few days. The staff at the GWL held a great event that will be remembered and proved they have what it takes to create a great family experience and how to relate to guests. The staff there is great and as always the PKI marketing team and the GWL marketing team created a fantastic event.

-Videos will be up soon so stay tuned to www.pkicentral.com for more upcoming exclusive coverage.

• 2 weeks later...

Restaurants that are Open to The Public at the Great Wolf Lodge are;

user posted image

The Loose Moose Cottage; A family style restaurant that allows its guests to watch as the Chef prepares meals right in front of you. The restaurant seats 150 guests for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

Camp Critter Bar & Grill; A campsite-themed restaurant complete with Maple and Oak Trees, which have more than 50,000 leaves on them. Seating is on wooden picnic-style tables and seats 136 guests.

Bear Claw Café and confectionery; Features a wide variety of sweets, treats, soups, sandwiches, and other items like Starbucks coffee, fudge, ice cream, and more!

Pizza Hut expess; Personal pan pizzas and breadsticks!

Spirit Island Snack Shop; A seasonal outside poolside snack bar!

For a more complet and detailed description of the restaurants go to the Great Wolf Lodge Restaurants web page.

I know a lot of communities would love to have the same concerns as the Mason residents' that live in the Kings Mills neighborhood. What community wouldn’t want some new year round jobs and very lucrative hotel tax revenue coming in year round, and all they need to do is address the traffic flow in the area. Man that is the best concern problem I have ever heard of. You know if you move into an area like the Kings Mills neighborhood you’re going to get some abnormal traffic flow problems and they should know that going in. It’s ok to be concerned about the traffic and do something about it as a community, but to put the concern out their during the Great Wolf Lodges construction tour media event is a little much.

Dane do you know if they are having their grand opening celebration in the middle of December or the original date of December 22, 2006? also did you receive the e-mail I sent you last week?