fearfest question

wickedv6

I've enver been to a fearfest before and I've not been to KI in years but I'm really tryign to make atrip up there this year..

my question is.. are all the rides open during fearfest.. cause I love the idea of Fearfest.. but i'd liek to be able to get my fill of KI rides as well..

I knwo the SOB will be closed.. but besides that.. cause I really wanna ride Beast at nite,, and i'd liek to try Flight of Fear, Italian Job, TOmb Raider, etc.. as well as ride my old favorites that are still around liek Top Gun..

excuse my typos.. i type way to fast for my fingers to keep up

My suggestion.. make an ENTIRE day out of it and be ready to be tired! Get there when the park opens on a Friday! Stay until the park closes... you will have a GOOD chance to do ALL the rides along with the Fearfest attraction! Maybe find an affordable hotel close-by and really make a trip out of it.

Most if not all of the rides and attractions should be open during Fearfest...

Hope that helps! -Hauntguy

There are a few rides that will not be in operation. The primary ride will be The Scrambler. The ride area is used as part of the queue area for what was Fear Street last year. Also, White Water Canyon is usually not open in the month of October (who would really want to get that wet in October), but the Whild Thornberrys River Adventure will be open. The train will have long waits both during the day and during the night. During the day, it is part of Pumpkin Patch Express. And then at night, as least for last year, they used the train as a transportion device back to the White Water Canyon queue where they then used the White Whater Canyon exit as a haunt themed to Sleepy Hollow.

Yeah all the rides stay open during fearfest, makes you wonder how KI does it cause not only are they running fearfest but then regular operations as well, that is a lot of employees.

Tell me about it. I worked my fair share of triples in the month of October. I would go in at 9:15am and not get off till almost 1:30am.

^ laugh.gif I was told that middletown haunted trial was weak and costed too much $$$ of course I was also told that it was too intense so what do I know. unsure.gifrolleyes.gif

The FearFest rides are ALWAYS more crowed than the haunted attractions thats why I almost always skip FearFest its fun but isnt worth it..

2003 was an off year for FearFest in my opinion. That was the first year they made it included with park admission and season passes. As a result, they thought that they should remove most of the fog and actors from the midway as not to scare families with small children. Obviosely, that idea was not very well received by the general public. Last year`s Fear Fest was one of the best in my opinion because they had scare zones on the midways in addition the haunted houses. The overall atmosphere in the park was wonderful during the nightly portion of Fear Fest. Yes, some of the houses were hampered last year by ushers feeding a contininous line of people through. They did this to try and alleviate the extremely long lines of some of these haunts, primarily Psycho Path. But the net result was that the experience of each haunt was greatly hindered by this action.

From things I have been hearing, there are going to be some major changes to FearFest this year, that will make it an even better event. It is definantely worth a trip up to the park in October. Besides, some of the major rides are open until midnight on Saturday nights providing ample time for night rides.

^ laugh.gif I was told that middletown haunted trial was weak and costed too much $$$ of course I was also told that it was too intense so what do I know. unsure.gifrolleyes.gif

The FearFest rides are ALWAYS more crowed than the haunted attractions thats why I almost always skip FearFest its fun but isnt worth it..

The more intense the better! When I wen to Fearfest (cant remember which year) it was not intense at all.

My first fearfest was last year. We were at the park all day, and it wasn't too busy, even for a Saturday. But once 7 o'clock or so rolled around, all hell broke loose...and I'm not just talking about the haunts opening. I remember being on Face/Off right around sunset and looked out at the metal detectors to see a line of people to the parking lot.

From around 7pm until close, we only got in two or so rides and one haunt because it was so busy. We wanted to do a haunted house and the train haunt, but it was just too busy! We did Psycho Path because the line seemed to be moving somewhat quickly...but we soon found out why: They were having one long, steady stream of people go through and the person working the entrance to the trail was actually getting really crappy with people to "hold on to the person in front of you or you'll be kicked out of the line!!!"

Well, we did the haunt, and it was....not scary at all. Could've been...if they hadn't ruined it by having a steady stream of people going in so that the person directly in front of you screamed and pretty much gave away anything scary that was coming

Finished off the night with The Beast...ALL queues were open and FILLED. The line was actually starting to spill back into the midway, which I've never even seen happen before!

Yeah.... I can name around 20! One.... The Evergreen Hills Haunted Maze in Flemingsburg KY. It's the worlds biggest pernament maze and every October becomes the worlds biggest single haunted attraction (spans more than 20 acres)....

As far as intensity... we had a women give birth mid-maze! -Hauntguy

PS: This maze hires me to design the scares and oversee the event every year. Is that why it's scary... I don't know, but that's how I know that it is!

Land of Illusions(Middletowns Haunted Trail) is actually pretty amazing. I went my first time last year and did all four haunts. Each one blew Pki's Fearfest out of the water.

Killer Klowns- IMO was the scariest one, plus it was so long. The first 1/3 is like pitch black with clowns everywhere, 2/3 is like Maze of Madness but this maze is actually confusing, you find yourself going over the same path. Clowns and chainsaws scare me really bad, I believe I even screamed once because so much fog in the maze I couldn't see him. They have voice changers and talk to you it's really cool, then the last third is really bright rooms like Circus of Horror's.. but this ones just actually scary when CoH is funny.

Temple of Terror- I personally thought Curse of the Crypt wa sscarier, but now thats gone this one is still pretty cool. They reuse alot of props and gets annoying, but it's still unique and has alot going on. It's really long too.

Dr. Psycho's Haunted Estate- You start off going through the graveyard, where a chainsaw guy chases you really fast.. I've never seen that crazy of a person with a chainsaw, he was screaming, jumping up and down, saying "I'm gonna kill you!" Pretty believable stuff. Then you go through like a small sanctuary where the devil plays with you, then you enter the actual Estate. ALOT of props, moving props, special effects, fun place. The ending is frightening.. this huge guy 7 feet tall at least(I'm 6 foot thats the only way I could know) and he's huge(large stomach) and he has a really cool gun, it shoots air, and hard air. You have to find the door because it was pretty dark, the air is so hard you obvioulsy move from impact, I smacked my knee on the wall haha I was bleeding everywhere.. oh well it was still cool.

Haunte Trail- It felt like it dragged on a bit, but since it was a mile long what did I expect? They use alot of old stuff, and add alot of new original stuff in as well. There are a ton of chainsaws, I lost count after 14.. My favorite part was this texas chainsaw massacre style room.. remembe rn the movie in the basement Jessica Biel and that guy are running through like those wooden crates. It's exactly like that but with alot more chainsaw men haha. Most of my friends loved the bus.. it was 2 busses attached with alot of stuff going on in them, and they are filled with fog. The first bus is like Jeeper's Creepers 2, and second bus was Freddy's bus. It was pretty cool, well worth the $30 for all 4 haunts.

I was there for a good 2 hours. It's very hard to find tohugh, so if any decides to go, print off mapquest, yahoo, AND msn maps. They are the same directions but they clear it out for you, so you don't double your path. We got lost, and thats never happened haha.