what is the new ride for next season?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I'm new here haha, but if I could see any new ride, i hoping for something in the roller coaster area, maybe something like The Vortex, with more inversions. Or a second Flight of Fear-esque ride. Inside a building like a spaghetti bowl. That'd be wild

user posted image

PKI doesn't seem to have as much fun with it's fan base, unlike CP. Cedar Point's been teasing visitors with the construction of a new ride and some hints in signs and on blogs. They up the anticipation by treating it like a game, unlike PKI. Hopefully CF will change that. . .

As for what's coming next year, who knows? I would pray it's not another flat. But then again, if it's just another standard coaster, that might not be a good thing either. I would hope for something new, innovative and well-themed. . .

But it'll probably either be a flat or a coaster named for a movie few people liked and then forgot about in a few years.

Sigh.

Do you not remember all the hype that Kings Island made out of Tomb Raider?

Secondly, I think it is probably another flat ride but what is wrong with that? The park could use another flat ride in Coney Mall after that area has seen several removed (noticably the Eagles and the Antique Cars). And don`t count on anything innovative or heavily themed. Since the capital projects were set before the Cedar Fair takeover, I`m assuming that nothing spectacular was planned.

That being said, Cedar Fair has stated that the possible theme and names to next year`s new additions have not been decided upon. In all likely hood, if names had been decided upon, they might be changed, especially if Cedar Fair to drops all the Paramount licenses for next season. That issue alone could prove rather interesting for next season if Cedar Fair does in fact drop the Paramount licenses. Rides like Italian Job and Tomb: Raider primarily could be drastically affected by any such change.

Huss did file for bankruptcy.. but.. I also heard tha t they are workign on a minimal staff and are reopenign under a differant name.. something like wher eit was Huss Rides before.. now it's Huss entertainment.. along those liens cause to be honest I'm not sure what the real name for huss is.. i just call it huss

Huss did file for bankruptcy.. but.. I also heard tha t they are working on a minimal staff and are reopenign under a differant name.. something like wher eit was Huss Rides before.. now it's Huss entertainment.. along those liens cause to be honest I'm not sure what the real name for huss is.. i just call it huss

I wonder if that was to get out of fixing rides like TR and Delirium. There was problems with both and TR still is not right.

I heard the park wasn't to do any work on TR or Huss wouldn't back the ride. It doesn't seem that they are anyway.

As for Screamin Swing, I think it's a good ride but I was surprised by the short lines. The one at Kennywood is a walk on and the one at Cedar Point is like 15 min. That would make you think they are not such a hit.

Depends on what day you go to Kennywood - I went last Saturday and the Swingshot had a full queue. Of course that was on a Saturday.

"No one goes to an amusement park on a Saturday, it's way too crowded"

I did think the ride itself was really fun, and would make a great addition to any park. That is a wee bit unnerving at the top of the arc when the swing starts to go back down, and your body wants to keep going up.

Now I don't know what KI has planned but I can say with near certainty that there will be no roller coaster coming next year unless it is something small along a wild mouse type ride. I say this for the same reason I said that a Spongebob coaster wasn't coming last year even though many people claimed "they knew for sure" that a Spongebob coaster was coming.

The simple fact is that roller coasters take many many months to plan out. There is surveying and markers placed months before ground work even begins. Unless someone out there has seen markers all over the ground, a coaster will not be coming. It's getting too late in the season to just beginning marking, unless if it's a very small coaster. I hate to be pessimistic but don't get your hopes up for a large coaster; it won't be coming. I also imagine CF wouldn't want one of their parks that is close to compete with CP's mystery coaster for next year. Hopefully, 2008 will be the year for a large coaster.