what is the new ride for next season?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, there is always that possibility. But, Cedar Fair has said that they will honor the commitments that Paramount Parks had planned when they were controlled by CBS. Granted, with the way CBS started off the year with slashing budgets and operating hours to try and save cash at every corner, I would expect that same line of thought translated (at least a little bit) into the 2007 capital budgets.

While it is clear that KI will not get a major coaster next year, I do think that they will get a new attraction. While it may or may not be a ride, (a flat ride in Coney Mall would be a welcome addition), I`m sure that some money will be spent at KI in the offseason. Whether it be on sprucing up areas of the park or adding a new attraction, or both, I don`t know. Just be patient, and enjoy the last month of the 2006 season before we enter the long five month off season!

Do you not remember all the hype that Kings Island made out of Tomb Raider?

Secondly, I think it is probably another flat ride but what is wrong with that? The park could use another flat ride in Coney Mall after that area has seen several removed (noticably the Eagles and the Antique Cars). And don`t count on anything innovative or heavily themed. Since the capital projects were set before the Cedar Fair takeover, I`m assuming that nothing spectacular was planned.

That being said, Cedar Fair has stated that the possible theme and names to next year`s new additions have not been decided upon. In all likely hood, if names had been decided upon, they might be changed, especially if Cedar Fair to drops all the Paramount licenses for next season. That issue alone could prove rather interesting for next season if Cedar Fair does in fact drop the Paramount licenses. Rides like Italian Job and Tomb: Raider primarily could be drastically affected by any such change.

Maybe the Italian Job could become a rockin coaster, I would not know what to think of an idea for tomb raider the ride. Maybe something adventurous. I would like to see something like top thrill dragster at KI. Maybe placed between The Racer and The Vortex or in the middle of Paramount Action Zone I don't know if that will ever happen.

• 1 month later...

^No, but Cedar Fair has already stated that they will go ahead with the plans that Paramount had for the park next year. I'm sure it will include improvements like paint, general upkeep. Beyond that is anyone's guess, but I imagine that Paramount was intending to make an addition of some sort. Now, what that addition is, no one knows. I have a feeling it will be a Boomerang Bay addition. I'd like to see one of those master blaster type slides go in.

^No, but Cedar Fair has already stated that they will go ahead with the plans that Paramount had for the park next year. I'm sure it will include improvements like paint, general upkeep. Beyond that is anyone's guess, but I imagine that Paramount was intending to make an addition of some sort. Now, what that addition is, no one knows. I have a feeling it will be a Boomerang Bay addition. I'd like to see one of those master blaster type slides go in.

Actually, Cedar Fair did NOT say that. They said they would keep the same investment levels for the individual parks that Paramount Parks had planned for 2007. Certain changes in those plans may indeed be in the works.

Same difference. ;)

I have seen a few people on here besides myself who have said the same thing..that CF intended to honor whatever Paramount had in store for their parks. If change is planned, then they wouldn't be honoring whatever they had in store. I know I've read this on other web sites as well.

I think we have seen some changes in those plans. I bet the plans Paramount had was as they said. They did not fit in their immediate plans.

I had thought for some time that the Stunt Show was what was going to replace FoF. That was the only non ride attraction I can think of that they was doing. It was said on PKIC that it was to be replaced with a non ride attraction when the rumor started.

My home park is PCW... From what I've heard, Cedar Fair are being a bunch of cheapos and aren't getting any new rides for ANY of the Paramount Parks. I know that PCW isn't getting anything for 2007.

They just spent 1.2 billion dollars.... Do you really think they have enough money to spare to give each Paramount park a couple million to build new rides?

You could start here:

http://www.pkicentral.com/forums/index.php...mp;#entry137808

There will no doubt be more...not to mention the re-opening of Flight of Fear at Paramount's Kings Dominion after Cedar Fair acquired the Paramount Parks.

ALL Cedar Fair is committed to is keeping the same level of investment at the Paramount Parks for 2007, NOT to the exact same rides, etc, as was planned. On the other hand, they haven't publicly committed to any changes in those plans, either.

PKIBeast, I wouldn`t say the "no one knows" what Kings Island is getting next year. <_<

Yes, things may change, and as the Interpreter noted, they certainly changed the plans for Flight of Fear last year. Also, Paramount has changed their minds before too. Orginally, the Eagles were supposed to be moved to the old Flight Commander spot as KI. But, apparanately because of budget issues at Carowinds, they opted to move the ride to Carowinds.

And I wouldn`t be surprised if Cedar Fair/Kings Island makes their 2007 project public before too long. Cedar Fair said in the conference call that they would detail all the 2007 capital expenditures at their parks later this month.

Ok I will let it slip:

Cedar Fair worked out a deal with Six Flags and are moving X into the park. To keep with tradition, the new ride will be placed in the North parking lot and the line will travel approximately 1.45 miles from the exit of Top Gun to the parking lot, with no switchbacks.

Well, if a ride isn`t coming next year, than what do you think is coming? It will be interesting to hear what plans Cedar Fair has laid down for their capital expenditures for next year. Hopefully, as they said in their conference call, they will release all these expenditures by the end of this month, then we won`t have to guess if and what the park is getting.