what is the new ride for next season?

I also doubt we will see a new coaster at KI next year. Just because it's the 35th Anniversary next year doesn't mean we will get anything extreme. 1997 was that 25th Anniversary and all we got was a Waterworks add on. 2002 was the 30th Anniversary and we got TR:TR well that was pretty big I guess LOL. Since Paramount (Viacom, CBS) actually already had plans in store for 2007 before the Cedar Fair sale, watever Paramount had planned is what we will get. Probably either a flat ride, or maybe a Nick U addition, but I really have no clue what to except for 2007.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone think that no new rides will be going into PKI next year? Cedar Fair has stated that the Paramount Parks capital expansion orders were already placed and that they intend to honor them. Which means whatever CBS had approved for the capital budget will still be built for 2007. Albeit, the theme, especially if it was to be themed after a Paramount property, will most likely be altered from the one that the ride was originally intended to have.

Why does everyone think that no new rides will be going into PKI next year? Cedar Fair has stated that the Paramount Parks capital expansion orders were already placed and that they intend to honor them. Which means whatever CBS had approved for the capital budget will still be built for 2007. Albeit, the theme, especially if it was to be themed after a Paramount property, will most likely be altered from the one that the ride was originally intended to have.

But what makes you think that CBS budgeted for any capital expenditures.

Why does everyone think that no new rides will be going into PKI next year?  Cedar Fair has stated that the Paramount Parks capital expansion orders were already placed and that they intend to honor them.  Which means whatever CBS had approved for the capital budget will still be built for 2007.  Albeit, the theme, especially if it was to be themed after a Paramount property, will most likely be altered from the one that the ride was originally intended to have.

Keep in mind the actual definition of a "capital expenditure"...a new cash register or coin operated lockers would qualify biggrin.gif

Granted, kind of hard to wrap a marketing campaign around, but capital expenditures none-the-less wink.gif

Why does everyone think that no new rides will be going into PKI next year?  Cedar Fair has stated that the Paramount Parks capital expansion orders were already placed and that they intend to honor them.  Which means whatever CBS had approved for the capital budget will still be built for 2007.  Albeit, the theme, especially if it was to be themed after a Paramount property, will most likely be altered from the one that the ride was originally intended to have.

Keep in mind the actual definition of a "capital expenditure"...a new cash register or coin operated lockers would qualify biggrin.gif

Granted, kind of hard to wrap a marketing campaign around, but capital expenditures none-the-less wink.gif

Oh come on jzarley, if I know you like I think I do, I know you were listening to the conference call with everyone else. They were specifically talking about ride installations. If you recall, they mentioned Ghoastrider at KBF.

They'll add a ride, I'm sure of it. A big one? Probably not. Now, the Topple Tower and the Jump2 have been mentioned. Was Paramount Parks dumb enough to do business with Huss again after Tomb Raider and Delirium? Probably.

Oh come on jzarley, if I know you like I think I do, I know you were listening to the conference call with everyone else. They were specifically talking about ride installations. If you recall, they mentioned Ghoastrider at KBF.

They'll add a ride, I'm sure of it. A big one? Probably not. Now, the Topple Tower and the Jump2 have been mentioned. Was Paramount Parks dumb enough to do business with Huss again after Tomb Raider and Delirium? Probably.

Of course...what sort of investor would I be not to listen to the calls? wink.gif

I actually think there WILL be some sort of new attraction next year...I doubt if it will be a coaster, but since there's been something new for most (if not all?) of the past 34 years, I doubt if that trend would change now.

Woofer made the comment asking how was it known that CBS had planned ANY capital expenditures for next year...my point is that the term "capital expenditure" is pretty broad, and as such, it's pretty darn certain that some capital monies was planned to be spent by CBS...we just don't know to what extent, or on what. (Although, we're pretty sure that it was planned to be less than the $20M or so spent on Ghostrider...)

It's already been said that they did, whether they (or IT) will be good is another thing.

Obviously its not going to be anything huge.. but it will most likely be something really enjoyable because if CF thought it to be a small or dumb ride.. they wouldn't "honor" CBS's wishes.

Since they are honoring their wishes it must be something pretty good.

I don`t mind the old helicopter pad as much as I do the Eurobungee site. That is a prime location for a flat ride right on the main midway. To have it for a pay attraction, that is only open on some days, and one that does not seem to be very thrilling is not the best idea. I hope that in the future they will put in a ride there, as that side of Coney Mall is dead once you pass the Zephyr.

I don`t mind the old helicopter pad as much as I do the Eurobungee site. That is a prime location for a flat ride right on the main midway. To have it for a pay attraction, that is only open on some days, and one that does not seem to be very thrilling is not the best idea. I hope that in the future they will put in a ride there, as that side of Coney Mall is dead once you pass the Zephyr.

Yes but if they want to reuse the old Flight Commander que, then they will have to knock down the concrete the put up the block the stairs going up to the platform. I still miss Flight Commander.

I doubt you'll see anything huge at PKI, er, KI, er CFKI in 2007. I know that CF said they would honor the commitments made by Paramount, but if Paramount was in bad enough shape that they were able to sell off the park system I doubt they were going to sink a ton into the park next year anyway. So I doubt you'll see any coasters.

I don't think PKI will go completely untouched, though. I'm sure they'll put a new flat in. Although I'd personally like to see them take a year, remove all the Hollywood theming, clean the park up and just make it really nice and clean again.

I doubt you'll see anything huge at PKI, er, KI, er CFKI in 2007. I know that CF said they would honor the commitments made by Paramount, but if Paramount was in bad enough shape that they were able to sell off the park system I doubt they were going to sink a ton into the park next year anyway. So I doubt you'll see any coasters.

CBS didn't sell the parks because they were in "bad shape"...they sold the parks because:

A] They didn't fit into their core business strategy;

B] The cash value of the parks was worth a lot more than the credit the market was giving them for their value on the balance sheet; and

C] They were hoping to get a boost out of the stock price, by using the proceeds to buy back stock and reduce debt.

Now, I think there's room for argument on whether it made sense to sell off a consistent cash producing (albeit low margin) business like the parks...but they weren't sold because the parent company was in trouble. (That's actually Six Flags' strategy for putting parks on the block...)

Just as long as a ride removal is not in store then I'll be happy. They really need to do something with the old Flight Pad next to FoF, that looks tacky over there.

Let me tell you all the crazy crap I've heard from friends that work at the park and friends that go to the park and love to hear crazy PKI rumors:

-Congo is leaving for a flatride

-A new ride is going into Coney Mall

And the classic

-Vortex is sinking and a new coaster will be put in its place!!! Vortex isnt safe to ride anymore!!

Yeah rolleyes.gif everyone knows The Vortex is sinking.

I'd say it will be somthing big but not huge..I'm gonna stick with a flat ride of some sort I'm sure PKI will let us know soon.

Just as long as a ride removal is not in store then I'll be happy.  They really need to do something with the old Flight Pad next to FoF, that looks tacky over there.

Let me tell you all the crazy crap I've heard from friends that work at the park and friends that go to the park and love to hear crazy PKI rumors:

And the classic

-Vortex is sinking and a new coaster will be put in its place!!! Vortex isnt safe to ride anymore!!

I'd say it will be somthing big but not huge..I'm gonna stick with a flat ride of some sort I'm sure PKI will let us know soon.

Wasn't it you going on forever and a day about a Flying Super Saturater roller coaster at one time? If so, what ever came of that? laugh.gif

Just as long as a ride removal is not in store then I'll be happy.  They really need to do something with the old Flight Pad next to FoF, that looks tacky over there.

And the classic

Wasn't it you going on forever and a day about a Flying Super Saturater roller coaster at one time? If so, what ever came of that? laugh.gif

Um, No...I kept going on about the Addams Family Coaster! wink.gif

Also if I did say something about a FSS I was speculating thats why PKIC is here.

Yes I have friends that work at PKI but I never listen to what they say.

Besides if you take that post I just made to truth something is wrong with you it was a ''gag post''.

No one knows whats coming thats why I check out PKI.com and PKICentral everyday after and at work.