Photo TR: Holiday World 10 August 2006

TheKlockster

After hearing so much about Voyage - and getting some random time off work - I asked my friend Jeff if he wanted to go down to Holiday World. He said sure - so we decided to go Thursday 10 August. I asked my grandma to go down too since she had never been. So Wednesday night we figured out our itenerary and headed on down Thursday morning.

The drive to Holiday World was nice - save for some really bad roads in Louisville. We played my usual "going to PKI music" Journey to The Island from the Jurassic Park soundtrack. Played it too soon though - so it didn't end up synching up with HW coming over the horizon. Oh well. We were shocked when we saw Voyage. It looks like a steel supported woodie in the photos. But in real life it looks so insane...

First thing we headed to Revolution. It still makes me sick. When we got off we noticed Voyage was running with people on it - so we ran down there. It had about a 20 minute line - but we got in line and waited extra for the front seat. We were both so excited for it - but so nervous. The ride looks awesome. And it is.

Voyage is the most intense and insane ride I have ever been on. It is way more twisted than Flight of Fear, and has three times the airtime as Magnum. I was expecting Magnum style airtime. Nothing could prepare me for Voyage airtime. It is ejector all the way, in the front seat. It really helped too that I wasn't stapled. I have to be stapled to ride Beast and Racer at Kings Island. At Holiday World I left my bar up and the operators pushed it down. So I ended up having some space between my lap and the bar. That made the airtime so much better. Theres so much time where you aren't even in your seat. I don't even know how else to describe Voyage. It is by far the best wooden coaster I have ever been on.

One thing I do need to say about Voyage is that it was rough. Not just forceful - but actually rough. It wasn't as bad as Beast in the back - but wasn't as smooth as Beast in the front. But the roughness with the forcefulness of the ride - combined with such a sick layout makes it one FREAKING AMAZING ride.

Next we rode Legend. I again let the staff - this time a supervisor - put my bar down. He pushed it down till it touched my lap, but it popped back up a little bit. Like I probably could have got another click if he would have stapled me - but he didn't. Thing was this restraint was REALLY wobbly - like you could jiggle it and it looked like it was about to fall off. If I pushed the restraint to the right I had about 2 inches of space between my lap and the bar. If I pushed it to the left I had about 6. This made for an airtime filled back seat ride - even with the seat belt ultra-tight. biggrin.gif

After Legend we rode Raven. It was ALOT better than last year. This time it actually had insane airtime and an ultra intense ride. And I didn't even ride in the back! I rode in the back row of the car in front lf the last car - 42 i think. It was such a good ride - but still not better than Legend - and Raven you can't even compare to Voyage.

We went over to Thunder Bumpers and Liberty Launch, then rode Gobbler Getaway. Gobbler is really corny - but ok I guess. One more ride on Voyage. It did away with any uncertainty I had about the ride - and took a solid hold on my #2 spot. Sorry - I like Raptor better. We were about to run around and do a third ride on Voyage since it had less than a five minute line - but it started storming and the park closed when I was next in line. We headed home about 5pm.

I was only there about 5.5 hours but had such a good time. I spent more time on the road than I did in the park - but it was well worth it. I can't believe how good Voyage is... :shock:

Anyways - time to put the Photo in Photo TR!

TheKlockster

We were all in shock when we saw this.

user posted image

Parking lot was packed...

user posted image

...but we parked right up front thanks to my grandma!

user posted image

We just about DIED when we saw this!!! No Legend??? No Voyage!!!??? Ah - "will open late".

user posted image

Wow its a scale model of a roller coaster! biggrin.gif Actually Raven this year was AMAZING - where last year it was just OK. It definately earned some points this year.

user posted image

Yeah so I wore my Son of Beast pin.

user posted image

Son of Beast got a real inferiority complex. Just look at the bloodshot eyes!

user posted image

Legend's lift. I had an AWESOME ride in the back seat of Legend.

user posted image

Kringle's pizza - best in park food ever!

user posted image

They still have that dive show thing going on...

user posted image

Liberty Launch was a ton of fun!

user posted image

Got my pins!

user posted image

Best wood coaster ever. After my second ride on it - I decided it is my #2 overall.

user posted image

Grandma + Animatronic = Granimatronic!

user posted image

The airtime is rediculous.

user posted image

The rides all shut down for rain and lightning when I was NEXT in line for my 3rd Voyage ride...

user posted image

It poured...

user posted image

They got holi-soaked!

user posted image

I didn't.

user posted image

Goodbye Holiday World! Thanks for a great day and a great ride!

user posted image

Theres so much time where you aren't even in your seat. I don't even know how else to describe Voyage. It is by far the best wooden coaster I have ever been on.

One thing I do need to say about Voyage is that it was rough. Not just forceful - but actually rough. It wasn't as bad as Beast in the back - but wasn't as smooth as Beast in the front. But the roughness with the forcefulness of the ride - combined with such a sick layout makes it one FREAKING AMAZING ride.

Amen to that. Voyage whoops The Beast any day, and that is a hard thing to say.