Made up Ride

Swanky333

I've had a wild-haired idea about a new roller coaster for some time now. It's a combination of wood, steel, and suspended. It starts out wood, then does something to transition to steel (the loop on SoB, for example). After a few twists and turns the coaster shoots into a tunnel, with the opening at the other end just as you start down another major drop. The drop starts suddenly, taking a moment for riders to notice there is no track underneath them, but overhead instead.

Or how about a ride like FoF, only it goes outside the building, then back in the building.

And instead of LIM launch, they use a catapult like the TTD.

I also have articulated some plans for a coaster that jumps off track and then back.

See, with an LIM launch, we create enough inertia to carry us at 50 MPH to the point of the jump. At the end of the track, there will be another, more powerful, LIM system to launch the coaster, and at the other end there will be a giant magnet, pulling the coaster back to the track, and then turning off the electromagnetism to let the ride continue.

drop Zone, you get up at the top and all of the sudden, your seats face down! your lookin straight down at the earth.....then you drop!!!! your still lookin down as the ground race forwards! you feel like your not gonna stoP! then you do happy.gif

That is a good idea. It would also be cool if you boarded at the top and under you was a floor and then all of a sudden the floor drops out from in under you and you free fall to the ground and get unloded at the bottom of the tower.

drop Zone, you get up at the top and all of the sudden, your seats face down! your lookin straight down at the earth.....then you drop!!!! your still lookin down as the ground race forwards! you feel like your not gonna stoP! then you do happy.gif

That is a good idea. It would also be cool if you boarded at the top and under you was a floor and then all of a sudden the floor drops out from in under you and you free fall to the ground and get unloded at the bottom of the tower.

My heart started racing just reading about that... I dont think I'd ever ride a ride like that! But I know it would be a smash hit of a ride!

Apocalypse at Drayton Manor has seats that tilt forward...while you stand up...

So does Acrophobia at Six Flags Over Georgia. Not a good idea for many. Watch the people getting off! The women, almost to a person, are giddy with delight. The men are often clutching themselves in a relatively private area.

Acrophobia is apparently closed for the rest of the season, though. For what I am sure are probably unrelated reasons.

With the idea about bording at the top then droping to the bottem would be a good idea for lets say a "quick" elevator to the bottem of the Grand Canyon. Then once at the bottem you could have another form of that but like one of the power towers at Cedar Point that would shoot you up to the top and some how lock at the top and let you off at the top of the Grand Canyon. tongue.gif

Welp that is my 2 cents.

-Chris

not to get off topic... but paramount probably had planned some kind of mission impossible ride... since the recent release of mi3 but with Cedar Fair i dont no wat they would do... im just taking a guess...

my ride idea.... a new dark ride of some sort in coney mall... i think old coney island had a haunted house... would be cool if they made somthin like that

but if it were up to me PHANTOM THEATRE WOULD RETURN!- too much sugar blink.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ahh the topic for Newbs here at PKIC so they can make it through the off seasson...

Welcome <_<

Now for the on topic part.

A steel B&M sitdown multilooper that intertwines with SoB and has multiple near misses with the big woodie. The coaster would be known as Beast Slayer.

Now to agree with others, I like girls, thats why I married one...