Someone's getting a new B&M

None of us have any idea what is in store for KI for 2007 let alone 2008.

As much as I would love to have any type of B & M at the park, with the sale just completed a month and a half ago nobody can predict/ guess/ know what CF has planned, or if anything IS even planned as of right now. And those who say they know, are just trolling.

Those darn lemon chill guys are at it again!

^I agree. Don't feed the trolls. However, something is planned since CF stated that they would go ahead with whatever plans Paramount had for KI. I have a feeling it is a flat ride or new water park addition. I really don't see any coasters for this year and maybe next.

I don't think its possible for Kings Island to get a B&M next year. Cedar Fair has said that they are just going to put in what CBS already had planned for next year. It is my understanding that in the past it was unable to purchase a B&M because Cedar Fair has a contract that prevents the sale because of the proximity between Cedar Point and Kings Island B&M cannot sell coasters to Kings Island. Its a basic non compete agreement.

Its a basic non compete agreement.

I have heard the same thing, but have questioned the truth of it. When Six Flags bought Geauga Lake, they had Batman installed which is a B & M. I just never understood why PKI could not build a B & M, but SF could especially since GL is closer to CP. Now if it is because Batman is a floorless and nothing at CP is close to that, it would make sense, but there is no reason that PKI could not have put one in then.

Not to mention, the last B & M installed at CP was Mantis back in '94. I would imagine that if there was a non-complete clause between CP & B&M it would only last a certain amount of years.

• 1 year later...

I have heard the same thing, but have questioned the truth of it. When Six Flags bought Geauga Lake, they had Batman installed which is a B & M. I just never understood why PKI could not build a B & M, but SF could especially since GL is closer to CP. Now if it is because Batman is a floorless and nothing at CP is close to that, it would make sense, but there is no reason that PKI could not have put one in then.

Not to mention, the last B & M installed at CP was Mantis back in '94. I would imagine that if there was a non-complete clause between CP & B&M it would only last a certain amount of years.

I saw a newspaper article right after the Cedar Fair acquisition in which a member of a certain coaster club mentioned that he's really excited about how KI could be getting a coaster by B&M and went on to talk about B&M. Lovely how newspapers will print ANYTHING regardless of how random, stupid, or non-credible it is.

To answer your question, non-compete is not the reason. BM only builds within certain specifications, and that was not conducive to the experimental rides that Paramount installed.

I saw a newspaper article right after the Cedar Fair acquisition in which a member of a certain coaster club mentioned that he's really excited about how KI could be getting a coaster by B&M and went on to talk about B&M. Lovely how newspapers will print ANYTHING regardless of how random, stupid, or non-credible it is.

To answer your question, non-compete is not the reason. BM only builds within certain specifications, and that was not conducive to the experimental rides that Paramount installed.

Didn't seem to stop them in South Carolina....

Yesterday I was driving down 75 south comming home from Cedar Point (thank god for the max pass) and not far south of Findley I say about three flat bed truck carrying orange and yellow B&M track and a fourth truck carring small blue supports heading north. My thought is that they are on their way to Canada's Wonderland.

If you read the start of the thread, the pictures were from Griffon at BGE being fabricated.

Yes, we all aknowledged that this thread was from a year ago.

Thanks for the help!

Yet, that still does not explain the white track that was spotted since Griffon's is blue, which is why we are all speculating.

Chances are though, the white track spotted is for Led Zepplin at Hard Rock Park which is currently being constructed.

http://www.rcdb.com/id3852.htm

Today is officially "the day" for Canada's Wonderland. In just a few short hours, the coaster gods will bless CW with a new, and well deserved attraction. I've never been to the park in person but, as with the other Cedar Fair parks, I tend to keep up with news and events going on in the various parks. One of these days I'll get up to CW to check it out...and this new coaster might just help give me that extra boost to go.