Second Son of Beast lawsuit filed

CoastersRZ

Well what CYoung said isn't really opinion - it is indeed fact.

The actions taken on the ride are a matter of fact.

That he feels those actions alone absolves the park of acting in a neglegent manner is opinion.

Once again I will say, and this is what will be discussed in court, if the park continued to operate a ride that had forseeable problems and as checkered of a past - it will be likely viewed as neglegent.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It IS fact that they check every morning.

But it IS fact that this ride has had many.. many.. problem before, and many injuries before. It IS fact this ride was closed for alittle bit last summer because of problems.

Negligent:

To pay little or no attention to; fail to heed; disregard: neglected their warnings.

To fail to care for or attend to properly: neglects her appearance.

To fail to do or carry out, as through carelessness or oversight: neglected to return the call.

KI was neglectful not because they didn't check it that day, because they did, but they are neglectful(well most likely) because they have failed to make this ride safe after injuries have occured before.

There is no way around that. I understand this couldn't have been caught before the ride it was a freak accident, but if KI would of taken better care(exp: get new wood or new train or something of that sort) this most likely wouldn't of happened.

It's time for my rebutle on this. The only thing I'm going to say is that it ****es me off to hear people saying that the ride was poorly maintained and neglected.

I would not take the "neglect" issue personally. From a maintenance standpoint, it was probably difficult, if not impossible to detect this problem with the wood. The suits being filed are going to cover all the possible reasons for the failure, and using the words "neglect" and "lack of maintenance" are commonly used.

If the maintenance department has nothing to hide, and they probably don't, I would not worry about it.

Now the suit that PKI filed about substandard wood that was used will most certainly come up. If a decision was made to continue running with this bad wood, and the accident happened; that is most certainly neglect.

All of these issues will come out in the wash if these cases actually make it to court.

It's time for my rebutle on this. The only thing I'm going to say is that it ****es me off to hear people saying that the ride was poorly maintained and neglected. That is completely false. Our maintenance workers arrive 5 hours before the park opens to walk track and inspect it for any problems. They do this every single day. If they find the slightest problem with the track or the structure, they will keep the ride down and fix that section that has the problem. As a matter of fact, that day we were down for a couple hours so they could do some track work on the first drop. Obviously, the problem it had later that day was not spotted, and I dont know who's fault it is or what. But maintenance will inspect track in the mornings, and they check on the ride throughout the day. Also, they test ride it every morning before we open and throughout the day they will come up and ride with a full loaded train. So if you still think thats neglect, then that's your opinion, but the fact of the matter is that they DO NOT neglect that ride. Thanks.

thats whats kicks me off to, Like i said this couldn't of been found on a regular check. The staff and the crew done the best they could and done everything to make the park a happy and safe place to be, That my friend is a fact.

It IS fact that they check every morning.

But it IS fact that this ride has had many.. many.. problem before, and many injuries before. It IS fact this ride was closed for alittle bit last summer because of problems.

Negligent:

To pay little or no attention to; fail to heed; disregard: neglected their warnings.

To fail to care for or attend to properly: neglects her appearance.

To fail to do or carry out, as through carelessness or oversight: neglected to return the call.

KI was neglectful not because they didn't check it that day, because they did, but they are neglectful(well most likely) because they have failed to make this ride safe after injuries have occured before.

There is no way around that. I understand this couldn't have been caught before the ride it was a freak accident, but if KI would of taken better care(exp: get new wood or new train or something of that sort) this most likely wouldn't of happened.

You need to shut the hell up, PKI is one of the safest parks in the world. NO neglect is invole with Son of Beast, PKI staff and crew does everything they can do to make the rides safe and enjoyable.

AND your saying that PKI faild to make it safe after perious injuries. That my friend is a lie! They wouldn't of tryed to make it smooth becuase more than half the injuries are from the roughness of the ride! AND bud, they did get new restraints, They rebuilt half of the ride. I say get to know your facts.

How about THESE facts?

* Two previous broken neck incidents.

* A complaint to the Department of Agriculture by a mechanical engineer about the ride just shortly before the incident.

* Early closure of the ride last season and a thorough rehab of the ride over the winter...on a ride that isn't even 10 years old. This could favor EITHER side in the lawsuits. How it affects things remains to be seen.

YOU keep stating as a fact that whatever caused the incident could not have been prevented by the park. THAT is NOT a fact. It is your opinion. As my sainted grandmother used to say back then, that and a nickel (nowadays, four bucks) would get you a cup of coffee anywhere (or at Starbucks).

Also, with all due respect, you probably shouldn't be telling others to "shut the hell up" on the forums. First, that violates the civility required by the Terms of Service, and second, it's just flat out dumb. These are discussion groups. One can't discuss things if only opinions that agree with YOURS are permissable.

I don't know why people think it was ok if they couldn't see this part of the ride. They are the ones that built it that way isn't it? This is like saying that if you was to shoot someone it would be ok if your eyes was closed.

Well how could you hold them responsible if their eyes were closed?

It would completely be beyond their control!

And even if they were told not to shoot with their eye's closed it's just not reasonable! <G>

How about THESE facts?

* A complaint to the Department of Agriculture by a mechanical engineer about the ride just shortly before the incident.

* Early closure of the ride last season and a thorough rehab of the ride over the winter...on a ride that isn't even 10 years old. This could favor EITHER side in the lawsuits. How it affects things remains to be seen.

YOU keep stating as a fact that whatever caused the incident could not have been prevented by the park. THAT is NOT a fact. It is your opinion. As my sainted grandmother used to say back then, that and a nickel (nowadays, four bucks) would get you a cup of coffee anywhere (or at Starbucks).

Also, with all due respect, you probably shouldn't be telling others to "shut the hell up" on the forums. First, that violates the civility required by the Terms of Service, and second, it's just flat out dumb. These are discussion groups. One can't discuss things if only opinions that agree with YOURS are permissable.

How bout i dont give a crap of what you think. I don't really care what you say either, all you are is a 35grown man,who sits naked at the computer playin runescape and argueing with people on PKIC.

How about THESE facts?

* Early closure of the ride last season and a thorough rehab of the ride over the winter...on a ride that isn't even 10 years old.  This could favor EITHER side in the lawsuits.  How it affects things remains to be seen.

YOU keep stating as a fact that whatever caused the incident could not have been prevented by the park.  THAT is NOT a fact.  It is your opinion.  As my sainted grandmother used to say back then, that and a nickel (nowadays, four bucks) would get you a cup of coffee anywhere (or at Starbucks).

Also, with all due respect, you probably shouldn't be telling others to "shut the hell up" on the forums.  First, that violates the civility required by the Terms of Service, and second, it's just flat out dumb.  These are discussion groups.  One can't discuss things if only opinions that agree with YOURS are permissable.

How bout i dont give a crap of what you think. I don't really care what you say either, all you are is a 35grown man,who sits naked at the computer playin runescape and argueing with people on PKIC.

LOL! Isn't that a bit like the pot calling the kettle black? cowboy.gif

Guest kwindshawne

The more I read about this, the more it makes me sick. Anything man made is likely to screw up, and everyone needs to remember that. PKI is probably the safest park I've ever been to-I have seen them halt rides way past what they could have to ensure the smaller kids are tall enough, etc. I'm sorry the people got hurt, and they should be compensated within reason, but those who are jumping on the bandwagon to get a free ride need to cool it. Example-my daughter sliced her finger at her job back in may-wound is long ago healed, we are still getting offers from ambulance chasing lawyers in different cities encouraging us to sue just so they can get a piece of the pie. I received 2 offers on Saturday, and these two offices are going to hear some language today when I tell them what scum they are. This is what this country is reduced to-everyone who sues for the hell of it are making it bad for the rest of us. Lay off!!!!

Guest kwindshawne

And another thing-from PKI's view-after all the money that has been spent on this ride, plus the lawsuit they filed, which to my knowledge they have not seen a dime in returns, tearing it down is even more money-enough frivolous lawsuits from an expensive liability as SOB could be enough to shut down PKI altogether. Does anyone really want to see that? I know I don't. Fix the helix, slow it down a few mph-it would probably be ok.