Some pics and video of the former Americana

Hey everyone,

In recent light of people breaking into the former Lesourdsville Lake/Americana Amusement Park and tearing it up, I decided to put together a photo album of the way it was back in the summer of 2002, the last year it was open.

The pictures are taken over a couple of visits I took to the park that summer. For example, one photo has the "Pirate Ship" sitting there in pieces and another picture has it fully operational. It also features pictures of a ride they installed that year but never operated at all.

Just for fun, I also uploaded a couple of videos I took during my visits there. These were all taken with my digital camera's movie mode so they are not the greatest of quality, but can still be a fun watch.

The pictures can be found right here.

The videos are on YouTube:

. (11 seconds) This was a great ride at the park, however, the final year it ran, they slowed it up alot, making it just a shell of its former self.

. (2:00) Sure the video goes a little long, but I got a kick out of watching her scream and fall over. Maybe you will as well.

. (1:12) I could not get her off the thing! Since there was nobody else riding, the ride op just let us ride over and over again.

Thanks for reading and I hope you share any Lesourdsville Lake/Americana Amusement Park memories you might have!

Bill

PS: All on ride photos/video were taken with the ride ops permission.

I hate to admit to this but it’s been about 30 years since I’ve been there and I only went once. I used to try to remember the details of the park but as more years go by and only have visited it once, about all I can remember now is that I had visited it once. Thanks for sharing your photos with us, it’s always nice to visit our past especially when it includes the young one’s.

Were have I heard this before; lets do it again dad!!!

Couch has got to be the biggest idiot ever to sell that place.. I would go just because its down the road! I only really went when Armco/AK steel rented out the place but it was still alot of fun and they even had fireworks every night!

So anyways I dont know.. I heard that offers were given to buy the place but instead now hes just selling off rides.. very irritating

Everything depends on money. The park business is a business.

Yes, he got offers. They apparently were not enough. Just because someone offers to buy something doesn't mean they are offering a good price or even have (or can get) the money to pay for it.

Americana, like most parks, had been through several owners. It's tough to own and operate a small park. To me, the greatest mystery here is why the then owners of Coney Island and Americana (yes, they were the same) chose to keep the flood prone park and sold the high and dry one...