Congo Falls

StXsteven

So what's going on with this ride does anyone know?

Is it here to stay a few more years, or are the getting rid of it, or rmodeling it or anything?

Does anyone else thing that bump half way down the hill is annoying, do you think it would be a better ride if it went down the whole way?

• Like 1

What do you mean what is up with it? What exactly is the point of the topic? To start wild and crazy rumors about this ride being removed? Because if that is the case, this thread will be removed in an instant.

There is nothing really wrong with the ride. It is still a popular ride, especially on those really hot summer days. Intamin rides are generally very reliable (at least their older water rides appear to be).

That "bump" is not annoying. It provides a good little pop of air in the ride. That bump, in my opinion, makes the ride more thrilling than it would be if it was just a straight drop.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what the plans for Congo Falls. Have you seen the roof though of the station? It needs to be replaced pretty bad.

PKD got rid of Diamond Falls which opened in 1985 a few years ago. Not sure if PKI will get rid of Congo Falls or not, it harldy ever has a line, but on hot days alot of people do ride it. Congo Falls AKA Amazon Falls opened in 1988 so it is 18 years old now.

What do you mean what is up with it? What exactly is the point of the topic? To start wild and crazy rumors about this ride being removed? Because if that is the case, this thread will be removed in an instant.

There is nothing really wrong with the ride. It is still a popular ride, especially on those really hot summer days. Intamin rides are generally very reliable (at least their older water rides appear to be).

That "bump" is not annoying. It provides a good little pop of air in the ride. That bump, in my opinion, makes the ride more thrilling than it would be if it was just a straight drop.

Chill CoasterRZ your okay.. The point is I want to know whats up with it. They don't seem to look at it much, they never have the fountains on time, at least one of the boats have moss on them, the roof.. well you can read PKIVortex's post..

It's not really a popular ride at all IMO compared to the other water rides in the park.. every time I go it's usually walk on and we can ride it a few times over and over again without getting off and back in line. I haven't gone on it this year when it was a hot day (hot comparing to above average hot days of the summer) but last summer still it was usually a walk on, or you might have to walk around for one boat. Three years ago I do remember waiting 15 minutes on an extremely hot day, but thats it.

I understand having a few water rides around at different parts of the park helps keep the guest cool on hot days. Especially at Kings Island since there are only a couple misty cool stations that don’t work properly.

I personally don’t like to be wearing my regular clothes and get drenched from the water rides, then walk around in wet clothes for several hours.

A observation that I have noticed is a lot of people that go over to Boomerang Bay and don’t being swim attire so they wait on the others that they have came with and look absolutely miserable if they are not in the shade. So my idea and it’s only my idea, and I have not thought all the way thru it, would be to have a path from Boomerang Bay to White Water Canyon and move Congo Falls to the waterpark area. That way everybody would have swim wear on and for those who didn’t bring some would at least have something to do to keep cool while they waited for their party. Then Kings Island should add and fix up existing cooling stations. For the comfort of their guests. I’m not saying this is or not realistic but it’s just an idea I have played with.

I understand having a few water rides around at different parts of the park helps keep the guest cool on hot days. Especially at Kings Island since there are only a couple misty cool stations that don’t work properly.

I personally don’t like to be wearing my regular clothes and get drenched from the water rides, then walk around in wet clothes for several hours.

A observation that I have noticed is a lot of people that go over to Boomerang Bay and don’t being swim attire so they wait on the others that they have came with and look absolutely miserable if they are not in the shade. So my idea and it’s only my idea, and I have not thought all the way thru it, would be to have a path from Boomerang Bay to White Water Canyon and move Congo Falls to the waterpark area. That way everybody would have swim wear on and for those who didn’t bring some would at least have something to do to keep cool while they waited for their party. Then Kings Island should add and fix up existing cooling stations. For the comfort of their guests. I’m not saying this is or not realistic but it’s just an idea I have played with.

And it's a good idea at that smile.gif

I for one have rode the ride and i personally enjoyed it because it didnt have a long line like other water rides in the park and it can actually be enjoyed. The little hump on the hill is a very cool element because it gives you that little bit of airtime that you need to really make you want to hold onto that restraint and it can get you wet but not wet enough that it ruins your whole day at the park. That is my opinion on the ride and i am sure that CF will come in and hopefully give the ride some well needed attention.

On the TT, no. I know it was meant as a joke, but Action Zone already features a spinny ride and a Drop Tower. The Topple is a combo of the two, so what would be the point? That is, unless their gonna take out Delerium and restore the Cobra to it's rightful place =D

I know that Dollywood, a very good park, has spent most of the summer TRYING to get theirs to operate well. The maintenance guys just keep mutterin' Who's idea was this? Who's? Get Who's on the phone!

I was going to point that out.

As smart as the folk are with what they do at Dollywood - there tower was not a wise idear.

My OPinion Only is to move all water rides to boomerang bay I think that would be the future of the imersion of rides Look at noahs ark they have something similar where you just ride with your bear feet and no shirts on Its like congo falls

But truthfully with Cedar Fair owing our beloved Kings Island now is that they will hopefully move all water rides to the boomerang bay or all entrances exits will be in the water park

And Cedar Fair maybe will add a dark ride with a splash down kind of a lost river at old coney mixed with our beloved smurf ride!

We can only hope

• Like 1

I can tell you just by looking at it that someone was stoned when they made the origonal design. Lets put all of the weight of a gondola (probabily 5-7 tons) on the end of a giant vertical pole, let the pole drop, PRAY that a braking system that we design can stop it, AND THEN lift the pole back up to a vertical posistion without it cracking in half. What a great idea...

• Like 1