Dorney Park & Wild Water Kingdom

The New England Snapper

Well I decided to make a trip down to Dorney Park for the day! Since I only live about 5 hours away I could make it a one day affair! My girlfriend and I arrived at the park around 10:30 am and noticed that the parking lot was packed! I really enjoyed this park last year on my crazy ass road trip! We got in and it cost $36.95 to get in so thats not bad at all compared to Six Flags (Cough Cough).

We headed right to my fav B&M Invert Talon The Grip Of Fear! I love this ride for many reasons 1: I love the paint job! It just stands out and is so bright! 2:I love the name and I love the queue line and how the ride goes all around it. The ride is running better than ever! Those of you that have been on Talon before I love the cool messages on the lift hill! I love the layout and it is really intense and unlike some B&M's (Batman the Dark Knight at SFNE) (Hydra) this ride really packs a punch! I love the landscaping around the ride and how the ride so close to the ground! Overall a great ride and we rode it in the front and back! The wait was about 15 min each time.

After Talon we decided to hit up Hydra The Revenge! I personally think this ride is not very intense but a lot of fun! I absolutely love the Jo Jo roll! So much fun! The Layout is decent and I just love the colors and landscaping of the ride. I like the station and it reminds me alot like Dragsters station! One thing I love about Cedar Fair is the logos and Names for all there rides and coasters! There so cool and its so nice to see cool names unlike some parks. We rode Hydra once and it was a good ride! Next up the Lazer!

We headed down the hill to the Lazer! I have never been on this ride before and was curious of how it was gonna be. The loops looked very intense and this ride really flies! We sat in the front and up the slow lift hill we went! The drop was a decent drop but the hightlight of this ride was the double intense loops! It was a fun quick ride!

As we got off the Lazer we looked and saw Steel Force looming above us so we decided to head that way! Steel Force is a fun ride with floating air time but there isnt any ejection airtime. Its a fun ride though! I like the Helix on this ride bc its fast and huge! I much prefer Phantoms Revenge over this and I wish Morgan wouldve made this ride with out the MCBR. On the way over to Thunderhawk we rode the Revolution which is alot of fun and I love the color scheme to all the rides at Cedar Fair parks! If it wasnt for the cool and bright colors the parks wouldnt look as much fun! Thunderhawk is a great classic wooden coaster with some insane pops of ejection air! Later on in the day we rode the Crazy mouse! It was a good breakless mouse and a lot of fun!

We were getting hungry so after the Crazy Mouse we went to eat at Game Day Grill! Good food and it was really busy! After we ate we toured the park and rode a lot of there flats! They have a classic Whip and those are always fun and there Top Spin HANGTIME was great! We rode the nice log flume and there train. After that we took a walk through Wild Water Kingdom! Very nice water park and it was extremely busy! The just added a new wave pool! It looked really nice! I love how Talon Soars above the water park!

It was around 5 or so and we decided to leave! On our way out we stoped by the 3 point shoot out! We watched it for 30 mins it was a lot of fun! So as we left the great park I relized why Cedar Fair has great parks and thats because they care about them! The staff was great and very quick! Talon never stacked trains! The park was clean and there was room to move around and walk around! I love the setting of this park and the layout! Honestly if this park was ran by Six Flags or Paramount it wouldnt even come close to being a good park. Picture the park with the same rides, layout ect but with a Six ***s name in front of it of a Paramount name in front of it! It wouldnt be the same! Well thats all for now but it was a great day at a great park!

Steel Force can have ejector air, especially if you ride 1-3 (the back seat of the front car) and the midcourse is off, which it rarely, but sometimes is. Was Steel Force running only two trains? It's been years since I have seen them run all three. They have to use the midcourse brake to run three trains, which is why it is there. Of course, because it is there, Cedar Fair usually uses it, but given today's environment, that's hardly a huge surprise. (Flight of Fear, anyone?)

Many years ago, I got rides on Mamba at Worlds of Fun without the midcourse, as they were only running one train. Yee Ha! With the midcourse on, that ride really suffers.