Son Of Beast Out For Rest of Season

The Interpreter

Although Cedar Fair has not revealed whether next year will bring new rides, several lower-profile changes are already in the works - including plans to lower season-p*** prices.

Next year's p***es go on sale Saturday.

Other planned changes include asking patrons to pause for the Star-Spangled Banner each morning as the park opens for business, adding landscaping and an increasing emphasis on cleanliness

Lower p*** prices sweet!

I thought asking patrons to pause for the Star-Spangled Banner each morning was a Six Flags thing. laugh.gif

The National Anthem should be played prior to the daily opening of the park. It shows support for our troops, and we should display our thanks for being in the United States. I strongly support Cedar Fair doing this with Kings Island. It is one of those things that just makes a big difference in the parks mood and feel. Older people will probably feel more at ease at the park if it opens with this too.

SeaWorld opens their day with the National Anthem, and guests actually do stop and stand still for the duration. I don't know about other people, but it makes me feel good about where I decided to spend my money and time for the day when I hear it played. I have always enjoyed going to a Cincinnati Reds game and hearing it played too.

This reminds me, in the new Shamu show "Believe" at SeaWorld, the first thing that they do is show a video showing tribute to those serving in the U.S. Military on their new M***ive plasma screens, followed by the trainers asking for those present who either have served are serving to stand and be applauded, and these people are also shown on the screens. I think that it is a really good thing that the park does this. These individuals do need to be respected for all that they do for the country.

Sounds like Cedar Fair is taking Kings Island into the right direction to me! smile.gif

K.C.

Did anyone happen to see the pricing structure of the passes on this page? tongue.gif

Adult Season Pass: $74.95

Child/Senior: $44.95

Maxx Pass: $124.95

Free parking if renewed by Oct. 29

New passholders season parking $34.95

So, the Maxx Pass sounds like a steal.

edit: Okay, who is playing with the censors?

edit 2: darnit for being in the wrong topic...sorry fellas and ladies, it's an early morning for the Reclaimer. wink.gif

Edited by Dane

It will be a good thing to play the Banner in the morning. Thats how I woke up every morning for 8 months.

Seriously it would be a good thing because it really helps when people show support for troops. Its hard to explain to those who arent in the military (nothing against that) but it really makes it worth what you go through to have someone walk up and say thank you, or by businesses supporting troops overseas.

Props to them.

I'm not at all surprised that it will be closed for rest of the season. I just hope the problem is solved over the off-season and it will be running next year. I don't care if I get flamed for this, but, Son of Beast is one of my favorite wooden coasters (ducks behind flame retardant wall).

I was there Monday, which was the very first time that the park played the National Anthem at opening. (Maureen verified at lunch.)

It is played right at 10am, and when finished the ropes are dropped on International Street.

This is one of the Cedar Fair implementations... per Dick Kinzel himself. It's a Cedar Point tradition.

Shaggy

I think those prices are not bad at all. I would like to see the prices for food and everything else drop also... wink.gif

I'm sure they will be by next year. I wouldn't doubt if the the price for a one day ticket isn't dropped to 39.99 for next year too. And still your pass would be paid for in 2 visits. Well the regural PKI pass anway. smile.gif

And then there is THIS:

http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=5316486&nav=0zHF

Debate Over Whether Son of Beast Will Roll Again This Year

Aug 23, 2006 11:43 AM

(Mason, OH) - According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Ohio Department of Agriculture says that the Son of Beast probably won't be providing thrills and screams for the thousands who visit the park each year.

If you talk to Kings Island they have a different idea.

A spokesperson for the amusement park said that they are working on the roller coaster and are trying to get it running for the weekend sessions scheduled to begin after the park closes tonight at 8 p.m.

The Department of Agriculture said that they didn't expect the ride to go again this season. A spokesperson for the department said that the investigation, in which over a dozen people were hurt, continues and is not close to being over.

The park will be open just two more weekends until the annual October Fear Fest begins.

The section that investigators say was at fault for the accident is currently being rebuilt and water filled dummies are being used to simulate passengers.

Report: FOX19 News

Information from the Associated Press