2007 Season Pass Information!

Kings Island, Ohio Mark your calendars, park fans! Saturday, Aug. 26 marks the first day that Paramount's Kings Island guests can purchase their 2007 season passes. The new gold passes are valid for the remainder of the 2006 season – including free Nick or Treat and FearFest – as well as all of the 2007 public operating season.

A 2007 adult season pass for Paramount's Kings Island costs $74.95 and is available for guests under 60 years old as well as those 48†and taller. A child/senior pass (under 48†or ages 60+) is priced at $44.95, a savings of $20 from the 2006 lowest pass price. Children under 3 are free.

The brand-new Cedar Fair Maxx Pass provides access to all 12 Cedar Fair amusement parks across the country, including both Cedar Point and Geauga Lake located in Ohio. This pass is priced at $124.95 for both adults and children. The Maxx Pass can be used at Paramount's Kings Island immediately and is valid at all Cedar Fair amusement parks during the 2007 season.

All renewing 2006 season pass holders will receive FREE season-long parking, provided they purchase their passes and have photo IDs taken at the park by October 29. Renewing pass holders should bring their 2006 passes with them to the park when they have their photo IDs taken. For new pass holders, season-long parking is available for $34.95 per pass. Parking is valid at Paramount's Kings Island only.

ALL season pass holders enjoy exclusive gold pass perks at Paramount's Kings Island such as early ride times, walk on weekends, bring a friend free days, meal deals and priority concert seating.

Season passes are available online at www.pki.com, at the park, or by phone at 1-800-288-0808 beginning August 26.

PKI announces 2007 season passes

Cedar Fair, L.P. (NYSE: “FUNâ€Â) is a publicly traded partnership headquartered in Sandusky, Ohio. The Partnership, which owns and operates twelve amusement parks, five outdoor water parks, one indoor water park and six hotels, is one of the largest regional amusement park operators in the world. Its parks are located in Ohio, California, Toronto, North Carolina, Virginia / District of Columbia, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Missouri and Michigan.

# # #

Regards,

Ryan

PKICentral.com - Call me.. when you get in you should - phone me tongue.gif

Well what do you know. It looks like Cedar Fair took a page from the Paramount book on Season Passes (Good for them). Price Season Passes right and your attendance goes up. Who know, they may take a future page from the Paramount book and focus on landscaping and theming on future rides. Add in Cedar Fairs lowering of food prices and having table service restaurants in the park (TGI Fridays?) and we may just have a quality park experience on the way.

Who know, they may take a future page from the Paramount book and focus on landscaping and theming on future rides. Add in Cedar Fairs lowering of food prices and having table service restaurants in the park (TGI Fridays?) and we may just have a quality park experience on the way.

No, I think that CF is proving that they're going to concentrate on landscaping and cleanliness.

They don't want to take a page from the Paramount book there.

I don't know if I would consider Cedar Point well landscaped. I have notice a good change in cleanliness at PKI. But, I have seen more than one blogger over at Pointbuzz talk about the poor state of some of the restrooms at Cedar Point. So, I am not sure how focused they are on some cleaning aspects.

With that said, I am more concerned about what they do at PKI, so, if they continue to focus on cleanliness I am all for that. If they have better landscaping and theming, I will give Cedar Fair the credit they will be well deserving of. I want PKI or KI to be the best theme park experience in the midwest.

If I have a season pass for this year and decide to go with a Adult Maxx Season Pass for 2007 and purchase it by October 29th 2006. Would I receive free parking? Because it wouldn’t really be renewing the Adult Maxx pass.

If I would be entitled to the free parking would it be for only Kings Island or all participating Cedar Fair Parks?

If I have a season pass for this year and decide to go with a Adult Maxx Season Pass for 2007 and purchase it by October 29th 2006. Would I receive free parking? Because it wouldn’t really be renewing the Adult Maxx pass.

If I would be entitled to the free parking would it be for only Kings Island or all participating Cedar Fair Parks?

Yes if you renew your 2006 season pass by October 29th you would get free parking, no matter if you get the regural PKI Pass or the Cedar Fair Maxx pass. Free parking is only vaild at Paramount's Kings Island.

Yes if you renew your 2006 season pass by October 29th you would get free parking, no matter if you get the regural PKI Pass or the Cedar Fair Maxx pass.  Free parking is only vaild at Paramount's Kings Island.

Thank-you for the info.

Also I really like the front page photo!!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Looks like a Paramount phase-out to me. In the style of a 2006 pass, even with the filmstrip - but no Paramount logo or mention. However, being a "Cedar Fair" pass, you'd think they'd probably have Millennium Force in the third pane (where Volcano:TBC) is placed.

You do realize that isn't an image of the actual pass, right? That's a mock-up PkiVortex created...

Looks like a Paramount phase-out to me.  In the style of a 2006 pass, even with the filmstrip - but no Paramount logo or mention.  However, being a "Cedar Fair" pass, you'd think they'd probably have Millennium Force in the third pane (where Volcano:TBC) is placed.

You do realize that isn't an image of the actual pass, right? That's a mock-up PkiVortex created...

Umm no I didn't make that. That's on the Media page on PKI.com.

And it may not actually look like the picture. Someone who buys a pass this weekend, will have to show us what they look like. smile.gif

Guest faceoff

The past several years, i have had a pass for Kings Island and the Cedar Point/

geauga lake pass. When the pass goes on sale thru the cp site,i will buy the

pass there because cp keeps your picture on file. They reuse the same picture

each year and will mail to where you live.

I don't know if I would consider Cedar Point well landscaped. I have notice a good change in cleanliness at PKI. But, I have seen more than one blogger over at Pointbuzz talk about the poor state of some of the restrooms at Cedar Point.

Many members on PointBuzz are actually the most critical of the park. Even though CP is their "home" park, they are the first ones to criticize it. Which really is not a bad thing. CP has attained the "best park" monniker for many years now, and the die-hard fans of CP expect perfection. When the park does not meet the "best park" expectation, those on PointBuzz are the first to complain (sometimes with just reason) about the issue.

I can still remember back when The Beast first opened, KI was the cleanest, and one of the most beautifully landscaped parks. Paramount really did nothing to continue that tradition. CP has always been generally clean, and well landscaped where available. But nowadays, Busch Gardens Europe is almost impossible to touch in the cleanliness/ landscape catagory.

... and back on topic.

This is great news for my family. We traditionally have purchased both PKI & CP passes every year. This is one HUGE cost savings for us!

quick question...

dont know if anyone knows the answer or not...

dont know if this is in the right place or not... but here it goes

i havea 2006 gold pass.

i have not yet gotten it processed since i am working 60 hours a week and have been unable to make it to the park...

since it is not processes will there be anyway to renew my 06 pass since with limited operation is kinda stupid to process it now?

or should i go ahead and do it should i make it to the park sometime this year???

I just got word from the park that there may be a delay in the sale of season passes. They hope to have them on sale by the afternoon tomorrow, but will likely not be on sale in the morning.

We'll keep you posted, and the park appologizes for the inconvenience.

I called and was told that parking is NOT included with the season pass, even if you have a pass this year. So $75 sound cheaper than $80 from last year....until you add the $35 for parking.

I wonder if there will be any family of 4 or other deals?

Have a great weekend!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

I called and was told that parking is NOT included with the season pass, even if you have a pass this year. So $75 sound cheaper than $80 from last year....until you add the $35 for parking.

Have a great weekend!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

Well then the press release on PKI.com is false advertising, and then all hell will hit the fan if that's true.

All renewing 2006 season pass holders will receive FREE season-long parking, provided they purchase their passes and have photo IDs taken at the park by October 29. Renewing pass holders should bring their 2006 passes with them to the park when they have their photo IDs taken. For new pass holders, season-long parking is available for $34.95 per pass. Parking is valid at Paramount's Kings Island only.

Source pki.com Media Center.

Have a great weekend!

Italian Chef

chef.gif

Well then the press release on PKI.com is false advertising, and then all hell will hit the fan if that's true.

Source pki.com Media Center.

If you are correct - and I assume you are - that means that the representative whom I spoke to gave me inaccurate information. HEY - it happens.

$75 for season pass renewal and parking sure beats $110 ($75 + $35) for season pass and parking. The $35 makes a HUGE difference.

Have a great weekend!

Italian Chef

chef.gif