2007 Season Pass Information!

Well now that we have some information about the delay in selling 2007 passes. Who knows what information is correct. What is on PKI's website or what the representative said could be or not be true. Hopefully we will find out soon enough what the problem or problems that made them delay pass sales.

You know I just though of something. Remember they first said the season passes would go on sale on Friday 8/25, but the article said Saturday 8/26. Maybe just maybe they put that message on PKI's Season Pass page because they are not availble for purchase today? I don't know just a guess.

I think the Maxx Pass sounds great but it should include parking, water parks, and the small properties Cedar Fair owns like Bonfante, and Star Trek, Cast Away Bay or have the option of not including them. If they change prices now and get rid of perks then that's false advertisement and people will be ticked off and not want to buy passes to the parks. Also why can't Canada's Wonderland pass be used at other parks they are a Paramount park?

I think the Maxx Pass sounds great but it should include parking, water parks, and the small properties Cedar Fair owns like Bonfante, and Star Trek, Cast Away Bay or have the option of not including them. If they change prices now and get rid of perks then that's false advertisement and people will be ticked off and not want to buy passes to the parks. Also why can't Canada's Wonderland pass be used at other parks they are a Paramount park?

What if the were adding perks or OPTIONS.

I just talked to Mike Burkes president of Great Ohio Coaster Club and he said he spoke to the PR person at Cedar Point and they said they will be making an announcement on September 7th regarding season passes and Maxx Passes. I live in Ohio and I've bought Cedar Point passes for the last 10 years and they don't give any perks with their passes. They don't have walk on weekends, double ride Tuesdays, Bring a friend free days, Reserved parking, or free parking to their season pass holders. I hope they don't get rid of these perks because I will be upset. This is what made people want to buy passes. I will have to be patient and wait I guess to hear the announcement. Last year a combo pass sold for $154.95 and this included all the Cedar Fair parks and water parks so I expect the Maxx Pass to be around the same price this year. They also charged us for parking at 2 parks around $45 for the season. So I expect to spend around $200 for a Maxx pass with parking and water parks. Anymore then this and I don't know if I will buy one or not. I might just buy the Maxx Pass without the waterpark add on if they have one.

I agree that CP doesn’t offer perks for its park but maybe they don’t need to. Perks are given to increase Season Pass sales, and if Kings Island didn’t offer the Perks we wound not have bought them. Kings Islands marketing plan worked and got us to purchase a season long right to spend money in their parks.

Like I posted in another thread. The 'step children' must wait until Cedar Point (the flagship park) makes its announcements, including passes and ride, before the rest of the parks can move forward with pass sales and announcements for next year.

If this is truly what they are waiting for, I would consider it very childist on Cedar Fair part, and I would think the fans of KI and other parks would find this insulting.

Cedar Fair does not own Bonfante gardens it has a deal where they manage the park. Also they only own a portion of the Star Trek experience. At the time it was built the deal was Paramount owned all the hardware and the space itself was still the hotels. I believe it was considered a 50/50 deal. I am not sure if anything has changed since then.

I hope they work out a parking pass for all three Ohio parks because I visit them frequently throughout the season and I don't want to have to buy 3 parking passes. This is confusing I'm glad I'm not Cedar Fair. I wish they would just offer free parking to all season pass holders it would be alot easier this way. Joe Cool Club gave you parking on your season passes, and early ride time that's all. So let me try to understand this if you buy a Maxx Pass it includes all 12 Paramount/Cedar Fair amusement parks. If you want to go to water parks in Ohio, Missouri, or California is there an add on for Maxx Pass Plus? Will we have a nationwide parking pass or will we have a pass for the 3 parks in Ohio? They offered a 2 park parking pass last year for GL/CP why not 3 parks? or nationwide pass? Cedar Fair usually doesn't start selling passes until October and you usually get a voucher and have to get your season pass renewed in the Spring at the park or do it by mail. This is how they've done it for years. It's alot nicer to have it done and over with before the end of the season because then you don't have to make a seperate trip up to the park to get season pass processed. I hope they tell us soon what's going on because I'm getting worried now. Cedar Fair has Star Trek and Bonfante Gardens also on their web site as being their properties. Check out their web site. They have flags everywhere now. They should want people to buy season passes and Maxx Passes and give them perks so they will spend more money in the parks on food, souveneirs, and make the people that have season passes feel special by having the other perks as well like reserved parking, free parking-(small parks don't charge for parking why should they), bring a friend free days, walk on weekends, double ride Tuesday, Early entrance to park and waterparks. This is why I bought a season pass to Paramount and this is why Paramount used to be my favorite chain of parks. I hope Cedar Fair continues these perks now that they own the Paramount parks so they will become my favorite chain.

Looks like they are building the order page as we speak!

So far your options:

A) PKI ONLY - Adult - $74.95

cool.gif PKI Only - Jr./Sr. - $49.95

C) Maxx - Adult - (good at all CF RIDE parks) - $125

D) Maxx - Jr/Sr - $79.95

E) Maxx PLUS - Adult - (All Maxx benefits, plus waterparks and Bofante Gardens) - $149.95

F) Maxx PLUS - Jr/Sr - $79.95

(Anoyone notice Jr/Sr Maxx and Maxx PLUS are priced the same)

No word on parking pass prices, or if renewals get courtesy parking next year. No mention of Gold for that matter.

Descriptions of passes:

The best entertainment value around just got better! Now, there are three great Season Pass options to choose from:

#1 -- Kings Island SEASON PASS

* Enjoy over 80 rides, shows & attractions, including the award winning Nickelodeon Universe and the award winning Boomerang Bay Water Park Resort! Get unlimited admission for the rest of the 2006 season and all of the 2007 season.

#2 -- Cedar Fair MAXX PASS – NEW!

* A Cedar Fair Maxx Pass gives passholders access to Paramount's Kings Island for the rest of the 2006 season, and all of the 2007 season! PLUS, this pass also gives guests access to all 12 Cedar Fair ride amusement parks (including 3 in Ohio) for the 2007 season, including:

Paramount's Kings Island - Cedar Point - Geauga Lake - Knott's Berry Farm - Dorney Park - Valleyfair - Worlds of Fun - Michigan's Adventure Paramount's Carowinds - Paramount's Kings Dominion - Paramount's Great America - Canada's Wonderland

#3 -- Cedar Fair MAXX PLUS PASS – NEW!

* Upgrade your Maxx Pass to the better, wetter, version and you’ll enjoy access to the same great parks listed above PLUS all five of the separately gated Cedar Fair water parks:

Knott’s Soak City: Buena Park, Palm Springs and San Diego - Oceans of Fun - Cedar Point Soak City - Bonfante Gardens