Griffon officially announced

It's official...

""Griffon will be the tallest dive coaster in the world; the first floorless dive coaster, and the first to incorporate two Immelmann loops (an inverse diving loop named for a WWI German fighter pilot), a second 130-foot dive and a water feature with spectacular viewing platforms where ride watchers can share in the thrills. Each floorless coaster car will consist of three, 10-person wide rows. Griffon offers over-the-edge excitement on more than half a mile of steel track and will become the centerpiece of Busch Gardens’ Europe’s French section."

Press release: http://www.buschgardens.com/bgw/ftp_press_...ails.aspx?ID=75

Griffon home page: http://www.buschgardens.com/bgw/ar_rides.aspx

Am I the only one that isn't all that impressed with this coaster. Don't get me wrong, it looks fun but it also looks terribly short and kind of boring. I mean it goes, drop Immelmann, drop, immelmann, water, turn and done. Just doesn't seem all that great to me and rather repetitive. I was hoping for better from Busch which has some of the most amazing B&M's ever made with Kraken, Kumba, Montu, Apollo's Chariot, and Alpengiest.

That sounds pretty cool. It nice to see that some parks are not afraid to build a nice thrill ride. I really hope PKI gets a new thrill ride, i'm not holding my breath though for 07, but hopefully in 08. Maybe we will get that B&M we all want. LOL laugh.gif

I just got back from the Media Event at the park to announce the ride, it is going to be truly amazing. A very nice presentation in the AbbeyStone Theatre with a skit, ride details, and of course the movie. After that was a site overview with questions from the media which was held in the Aquitaine France SkyRide station. It was made clear that Busch is not concerned with building the tallest or fastest (even when they do) but they care more about the greatness and quality of your ride experiance.

I'll have an update on BGEscape.com later tonight for all to see.

Am I the only one that isn't all that impressed with this coaster. Don't get me wrong, it looks fun but it also looks terribly short and kind of boring. I mean it goes, drop Immelmann, drop, immelmann, water, turn and done. Just doesn't seem all that great to me and rather repetitive. I was hoping for better from Busch which has some of the most amazing B&M's ever made with Kraken, Kumba, Montu, Apollo's Chariot, and Alpengiest.

To each their own, I suppose......still a hell of a lot better than Italian Job. Having ridden Sheikra at BGA, I'm definitely excited about this one. Sheikra isn't intense any stretch, its just FUN! The suspense of hanging over the drop is pretty sweet and the water splash is a nice effect as well. I'm glad both of these found their way to the new BGE ride. It will no doubt be a fun ride and fit in beautifully at the Park.

As for why Busch didn' buy the parks, who knows, but there is one very very interesting rumor that I've kept hearing. They were interested, but after taking a look at the Parks they realized that they were by no means close to being up to the level of quality that the other two Busch Parks are. I'll agree with that 100%. Sounds like a nice theory, but we'll never really truly know the reason why.

As for why Busch didn' buy the parks, who knows, but there is one very very interesting rumor that I've kept hearing. They were interested, but after taking a look at the Parks they realized that they were by no means close to being up to the level of quality that the other two Busch Parks are. I'll agree with that 100%. Sounds like a nice theory, but we'll never really truly know the reason why.

Sadly, I'd have to agree with that thought.

With the theming, rides and complete experience at all Busch Parks - it would take many Millions to get the former Paramount Parks to that level.

That rdie looks so awesome now i wish that i hadnt went this year so i can go back next year and enjoy the mammoth coaster. When i was there like two weeks ago i had saw them doing construction but nothing was up yet so it was kinda hard to tell what was there. Looks like you can mark on your Amusement Park map Busch Gardens Europe becasue it is already more popular than before.

It is true that it is very simular to SheiKra at BGA, such as a right turn out of the station into the lift hill, right turn to drop and into an immelman and brakes soon after. Things that will set it apart would be the second immelman and a small hill that may offer some airtime. I would agree it's alittle more based on SheiKra than I would like, but it should be original enough to offer an amazing experiance.

For me it's just going to be strange to see a new towering coaster where there once was a ground level family ride unsure.gif

Busch could not get KI (as the other bidders) because they wanted KI and KI only but CBS would not just give it away unless the 4 other parks were purchased wit it. Reason being the unused land on KI's property and the other 4 parks are land locked to a degree. Yes CBS just wanted out of it.

So Busch wouldn't be interested in buying Paramount's Kings Dominion, its primary competition in Virginia? Sorry, I don't buy it.

Besides, this information has been VERY close hold with NO leaks. I doubt seriously anyone on this board is privvy to any of it, and if they are, they certainly aren't going to be posting about it here. . .