Season Pass Sale Delay

Please do; we are most likely coming over tomorrow to renew our passes because of the weather predictions for Sunday. Edit ; We decided to come on Sunday now instead Saturday

Side note; When we bought our 2007 Season passes at the Beach Waterpark a few weeks ago they couldn't print our season passes when we bought them (they were out of ink). I remember saying to myself, this would never happen at Kings Island.

I know its frustrating for us to haft to deal with a delay after waiting so long to find out the 2007 season passes plans. But I truly understand that if things are not just right then they should hold up because once those passes go out the door with their valued guests, then they find some problems and kinks in the system It would make it very difficult to get those passes back with out inconveniencing their guests.

Are they saying they are changing the season pass plans and rates or are they working out the last minute kinks in merging their computer systems together? Or are they?

It’s the fact that we don't know and it leaves us to speculate even sometimes the worst, is the hardest part of the delays for us guests. The fact that Ryan's post says there may be a delay and maybe by afternoon tomorrow they'll be ready for sales, leaves me to think it's a merger integration problem and that they thought they would have it worked out in time, but are coming up short.

The thing that I wonder is if a family shows up tomorrow to buy these new lower price season passes and they are not currently a season pass holders, surely they won’t turn the family away from a day at the park by giving them the only option of a single day admission ticket after they saw the advertisement and then traveled from who knows where

Edited; Possibly they could sell them a single day admission and tell them to hold onto their receipt, so that they could apply tomorrow’s ticket purchases to the season pass at a later date. But doing that would bring up a whole new set of issues, like if they don’t get back by October 29 to be processed would they still be able to get the parking privileges. And the story could go on and on. Let’s just hope for a short delay for everybody concerned.

We are coming over tomorrow; so I called Kings Island , and I just got off the phone with Nancy at Guest Relations. when I asked if we could purchase our 2007 passes tomorrow. She replied “we don’t know yet, but what you could do is buy a discounted ticket and fill out a form, keep your receipt and when they get everything going that someone would get a hold of you to complete the process“. So that’s the word that I’m getting as of now.

I just got a voicemail from the park saying that they hope to have more information about season passes early this coming week. Please note that any information about pricing or availability on this site or through any publication is subject to change. The park once again apologizes for the inconvenience..

I was just at Geauga Lake and Wild Water Kingdom and inquired about season passes and they responded they had no information on season passes yet because Cedar Fair had acquired the Paramount parks this year and they hadn't worked out the details or pricing yet. I hope they let us know soon because I am visiting there Labor Day weekend and I want to get my pass very soon so I can get free parking.

Methinks it is becoming more and more clear that Kings Island and Canada's Wonderland "let the cat out of the bag too early" as it relates to season pass sales.

Consider that both parks were at the ready to start selling passes, and one park had in fact started selling passes, but none of the other 12 parks have even hinted about season pass 2007.

That line in Bodda's post about prices and all being subject to change has me worried. If Cedar Fair has any integrity at all they will honor (or beat) the offer that was already announced. To backpedal now and jack prices up or strip perks away will appear unprofessional and amateurish at the least.

Remember, to the casual park going public, Cedar Fair's one achievement in Cincinnati so far is cancelling WinterFest, do they really want their second achievement to be "We don't have our act together, and so now we are welching on the season pass announcements already made in the paper and on our website"

Methinks it is becoming more and more clear that Kings Island and Canada's Wonderland "let the cat out of the bag too early" as it relates to season pass sales.

Consider that both parks were at the ready to start selling passes, and one park had in fact started selling passes, but none of the other 12 parks have even hinted about season pass 2007.

That line in Bodda's post about prices and all being subject to change has me worried. If Cedar Fair has any integrity at all they will honor (or beat) the offer that was already announced. To backpedal now and jack prices up or strip perks away will appear unprofessional and amateurish at the least.

Remember, to the casual park going public, Cedar Fair's one achievement in Cincinnati so far is cancelling WinterFest, do they really want their second achievement to be "We don't have our act together, and so now we are welching on the season pass announcements already made in the paper and on our website"

Please excuse Cedar Fair this one time. You have to keep in mind that this is a totally different company than it was just six months ago. It has doubled in size, which is a business feat that can't be taken lightly.

I doubt PKI and PCW let that cat out of the bag since season passes were supposed to go on sale today, so it's not like they could have waited any longer.

I stand by my statement. Anything is subject to change, but I wouldn't expect a great change from the press release which you got a few days ago.

The article states free parking at Kings Island only. What is going to happen with parking at Geauga Lake and Cedar Point is there free parking here also? Perks included with these also? What parks had started selling them (season passes)? They shouldn't go back on what they released. What web site did you get this information from relating to season passes 2007.

I just took a look and noticed that the PKI website has been updated. It now says

"2007 Season Passes are currently unavailable for sale via web, phone or at the park. Please check this web site periodically for updates as they become available. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience."

The prices have been removed as well. I am really starting to wonder whats going on.

We are getting ready to leave to come over to Kings Island when we get back I’ll give a personal update to what we were able to do or what we were told. I will also confirm the prices at the park and give feedback if there are any differences from the press release.

The article states free parking at Kings Island only. What is going to happen with parking at Geauga Lake and Cedar Point is there free parking here also? Perks included with these also? What parks had started selling them (season passes)? They shouldn't go back on what they released. What web site did you get this information from relating to season passes 2007.

The information that was posted was about Kings Island. No details were released as to Geauga Lake or Cedar Point. And the Kings Island information is subject to change, as it ALWAYS is. The price of passes can change even after they have gone on sale. After all, costs for the parks change constantly. At your own home, the cost of utilities, food, gasoline, etc., changes almost daily. Announced plans can also change.

Just because something was put out in a press release or on a website, or both, does not mean it can't change. It probably didn't and hasn't, but it may.

That's life.

Progress to report!

I just surfed over to the pki.com season pass page. While the notice about passes not being available is still up, it looks like they are starting to put the page together.

Currently the online store has the Cedar Fair Maxx Pass listed. It sounds like the same Maxx Pass deal as was earlier communicated, yes still priced at $125.

I did not click "Add to cart" to see what would happen.

Edited to add: Oh well, I guess they were just giving it a test run. Seems to be gone again, but as I said it looks like they are working on the page, not that they are ready yet.