The CORE

peteytherocker

People say that if they get clearence the Cedar Fair will allow Paramount to build one more ride each for 2007 named after a Paramount movie if they choose to...I would make a diving machine coaster and call it The CORE. Drop 90 degrees into a black hole strobe lights and red breach alarms would trigger and the tunnel will open up to a series of inversions untill it getsa back to the stn. The voice will say "Your mission was a success please exit to your left"

If there is a non-compete clause between B&M & Busch Gardens (I have not seen one officially) it would probably also include a certain clause for where B&M cannot build a dive machine within a certain proximity of BGE.

I also find it hard to believe that such a clause at BGE would affect KI. The parks are well over 500 miles apart. It would be bad business for B&M to limit themselves to only Busch properties, especially since Six Flags has made it well known they are not going to be building big coasters anytime soon. And while Busch and B&M do have a excellent relationship, Busch parks do not add coasters often enough to keep B&M in business.

"The Core" was almost used as the ride name of another attraction already at PKI.

Originally Delirium was to be called "The Core" and was supposed to have a themed volcano surrounding the load station. No lie. The theming was dropped due to, you guessed it, budget cuts.

Shaggy

"The Core" was almost used as the ride name of another attraction already at PKI.

Originally Delirium was to be called "The Core" and was supposed to have a themed volcano surrounding the load station. No lie. The theming was dropped due to, you guessed it, budget cuts.

Shaggy

Just imagine the possiblities of enclosing the ride entirely. I mean, it doesn't necessarily have to have a "show" per se like Tomb Raider, however it would have been really neat to have fire and smoke around you during the ride itself. Of course, as we all know, that would have made it even more of a maintanance nightmare.

While I think "The Core" would be a good concept for a ride, let's face it: CF would probably prefer that if PKI had one last ride themed to a Paramount movie that they would actually theme it to a Paramount movie that didn't suck.

Seriously, remember when that shuttle dropped in the water in "The Core"? Looked like a giant turd...metaphorical for the movie :-)

That's why I always thought it was weird to do a Tomb Raider ride...the movies sucked and the second was one of the biggest bombs of the year when it was released.

If I remember correctly, the tilt coaster is now a dead idea. Only one built and I can see why. Too many things can mechanically go wrong with this kind of lift. And, I think Vekoma has not filed bankruptcy, but I could be wrong. Interpreter would probably be the one to ask. I do know that Huss filed bankruptcy. But that doesn't mean that they won't be around any more. If I'm thinking correctly, Vekoma did file bankruptcy and is now out of that mess. Where oh where is interpreter?

^ Who hasnt filed for bankruptcy? it's really common nowadays..

As for Tomb Raider the game is very popular always has been I know when Tomb Raider:Cradle of life hit theaters Paramount blamed edios for the movies poor performce because edios just released Tomb Raider:Angel of Darkness that week before.Yeah I know that a Tomb Raider 3 is in pre-production for what it's worth and is set to be released into theaters in Summer 2009.

I like both movies they are well done.

Paramount went cheap on a lot of rides like IJ:ST-looked GREAT on paper but is toooo short and the effects dont work I strongly dislike this coaster.

Originally Delirium was to be called "The Core" and was supposed to have a themed volcano surrounding the load station.  No lie.  The theming was dropped due to, you guessed it, budget cuts.

Shaggy

Shaggy,

In a thread concerning why Kings Island has never installed a B&M coaster, you stated:

On the flip side, if you take a look at Delirium (although not a coaster) the ride was simply purchased and installed. It has very few bells and whistles (other than that pesky hydraulic floor) and simply was built to be a fun ride. It has succeeded immensely on multiple levels... most importantly guests LOVE it. It was sort of a fluke install, and is IMO, the best new product that the park has installed in 20 years.

Shaggy

Is this information about the ride's potential Core themeing new information to you, or did you choose not to mention it in the original post?