A hint of the new ride

Lion Sleeps Tonight

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^YOu dont know if it willbe a major coaster or if it will be a flat, none of you know. Lion sleeps tonight, you definently do not know what your talking about, in the offseason coasters have been constrcuted before...for example....the italian job stunt track.....many of its footers were poured in the early winter and its concrete parking garage was poured and created in January.

Well, whatever the park is getting, be it ride or other attraction, they still have plenty of time. They didn`t start any work on Face Off until late September of 1998, with no footings poured by the end of the season, if memory serves me correct.

They can pour concrete in below freezing weather, they just have to add special admixtures to speed up the hydration process of the cement. In cold weather, this process slows down and in warm weather, this process speeds up and they actually have to add an admixture to slow down the curing time sometimes.

We will learn more of the new attractions in good time. Just be patient!

Also some parks dont't announce thier new rides till after the park is closed for the season. Cedar Point announced Top Thrill Dragster in January of 2003. Also Cedar Point is a lot colder being further North and being on the lake. There new coasters construction site is right by the lake. I figure thats why they have already started.

-Jake

I have heard many rumors about the new ride.  But any time you post something - I automatically know thats what were NOT getting.

I wouldn't mislead you, Adam.

Sorry Ryan I didn't mean you. I meant Lion Sleeps Tonight. laugh.gif

Hes all - were getting a tilt coaster! No were getting a dive machine! No were getting a jump 2 - heres a pic! (insert pic of topple tower). Like normally I'm not one to talk bad about PKIC members - but I have to say he doesnt have a clue what hes talking about.

Like if Lion Sleeps Tonight said we were getting a HUSS ride - and KI took delivery of crates with the HUSS logo stamped on them - I STILL wouldn't believe it.

I have heard many rumors about the new ride.  But any time you post something - I automatically know thats what were NOT getting.

Hes all - were getting a tilt coaster! No were getting a dive machine! No were getting a jump 2 - heres a pic! (insert pic of topple tower). Like normally I'm not one to talk bad about PKIC members - but I have to say he doesnt have a clue what hes talking about.

Like if Lion Sleeps Tonight said we were getting a HUSS ride - and KI took delivery of crates with the HUSS logo stamped on them - I STILL wouldn't believe it.

What if a guy with a suit on sporting a hard hat that said "Huss" on it came up to you and said, "Sir, is this where we're installing the new ride? (pointing at the area behind The Beast) You know, the new ride for next year? Here, I have the contracts; do you know where I can get find Mr. Kinzel? I think he forgot to sign form 4B... " Then would you believe?

"we're geting the adams family coaster"

LOL, if only!

Wanna know the honest to goodness truth?

Dollywood is getting the Addams Family Coaster. Mystery Mine is exactly what the Addams Family attraction was going to be. No kidding. When Paramount nixed the idea for IJST, the ride was proposed to Dollywood execs by Anthony Esparza, the guy who designed it. And they bought it.

So when you ride it at DW next year, click your fingers while you ride and you'll get the same effect.

As far as a new attraction... I am not counting on it. General rumor is that 2007 may be the first season in KI history that they have not added a new attraction of any sort.

We may see the Paramount logo and ride names stay the same through next season (the sale allows for CF to use the Paramount branding through the 2007 season if they so choose.) But I expect we'll see all Nick licensing start to spread into CF parks. I highly doubt that the former Paramount Parks will see the Peanuts gang. Bottom line, Nick will stay... but Paramount will eventually go bye-bye.

Shaggy

Kind of an idiotic way to start a post, with a false statement.

Seeing as how many coasters are built completely after the park closes to the general public or atleast there are no major signs of construction until October.

Heres the perfect example, ValleyFair (another great CF park) will be receiving a GCI woodie this year. So far there are only survey markers and lumber. Not a single footer has been poured yet.

Im not saying KI is getting a coaster this year, but don't assume anything just because you havent seen any footers or construction yet.

Isn't it rare for parks to start pouring footers while the park's still open anyway? Cedar Point's new one seems to be the exception to the rule.

Not that PKI will definitely get a coaster next year. My money is on a flat or nothing at all. But I would just caution against following the "logic" posted at the beginning of this thread.

You can't pour concrete when its below freezeing( this tells you that it isn't a major coaster)

Cedar Fair already communicated that they were going to go ahead with the current Paramount plans after the sale, and he also communicated that it would not be a major expenditure.

Lion- You may want to see this rather informative video. It will certainly help!

http://www.linuxbench.org/Posting.html

Cedar Fair already communicated that they were going to go ahead with the current Paramount plans after the sale, and he also communicated that it would not be a major expenditure.

Not exactly. PKD's Flight of Fear was slated to be relocated to Carowinds. That was nixed and the coaster has now been re-opened.

Shaggy

"we're geting the adams family coaster"

LOL, if only!

Wanna know the honest to goodness truth?

Dollywood is getting the Addams Family Coaster. Mystery Mine is exactly what the Addams Family attraction was going to be. No kidding. When Paramount nixed the idea for IJST, the ride was proposed to Dollywood execs by Anthony Esparza, the guy who designed it. And they bought it.

So when you ride it at DW next year, click your fingers while you ride and you'll get the same effect.

As far as a new attraction... I am not counting on it. General rumor is that 2007 may be the first season in KI history that they have not added a new attraction of any sort.

We may see the Paramount logo and ride names stay the same through next season (the sale allows for CF to use the Paramount branding through the 2007 season if they so choose.) But I expect we'll see all Nick licensing start to spread into CF parks. I highly doubt that the former Paramount Parks will see the Peanuts gang. Bottom line, Nick will stay... but Paramount will eventually go bye-bye.

Shaggy

I KNEW IT!!! When I looked at Mystery Mine I knew that it was the former Addams Family Reunion Coaster-it just put me in mind of it just how the art work looked and everything I'll be sure to snap my fingers next summer thanks for posting that shaggy.

Well, the only "new attraction" that the park received in 1978 was a new shooting gallery arcade in Rivertown. The reason was because they were preparing The Beast at that point. Don`t count your chickens before they hatch as far as a new attraction goes.

We are getting a coaster that starts off as a woodie, and gets launched straight into a massive helix that goes into an underground tunnel, that goes up a lift hill and comes down this hill and turns into a steel framed coaster and then it goes through a grand series of vertical loops, but this is before the coaster connects with an above track and momentarily has a track both above and below it, but after a few moments the track below disappears and it is only suspended, and then it goes up another lifthill and plummets straight down like "SHIEKRA" at Busch Gardens, and the train holds 10 rows of 4 people and the two seats in the middle just keep spinning around while the 2 outer seats rotate like "THE X" and the thing just keeps spinning around and around like a GIANT "CORKSCREW" and then it goes up a 450 foot lifthill, which is pulled by an elevator lift and plummets to the earth only to go into an enclosed tunnel which goes underwater in a clear pool full of different species of sharks, only to come out of the other side of this tunnel and hit a jolt which gently shoots the ride up another (smaller) lifthill which comes to an end after going through a couple of verticle loops and helixes followed by a smooth curve to a stop.

L.O.L.

Who cares what Kings Island is getting next year. What they are not getting are any more Paramount born ideas. And that is good enough for me!!!!! biggrin.gif

Well, don`t say that quite yet. Keep in mind that Cedar Fair is going to be honoring most of the commitments that Paramount had in place for capital expansions next year. While the themes may be different now, the basic concepts will likely still be the same.

I am by no means an expert of corporate opinions but if I were to guess I'm thinking the largest change we'll see next year is

******* NEW SIGNEAGE ********

******* NEW THEMES ********

******* NEW OWNERSHIP PERSONALITY ********

and perhaps a token new ride just for formailities sake.

I agwee wit Elmer Fudd on this won. laugh.gif

Cedar Fair said the capital expendatures will remain the same. They did not say that we would be getting exactly what Paramount had planned...

The only reason I said I wouldn't be too surprised to see a Screamin Swing is that Cedar Fair seems to like them - having installed one at several of their parks. Additionally I heard something about Carowinds possibly getting one - instead of the Italian Job they were supposed to get. It is probably all rumor though.

I wouldn't mind not getting a ride - if they could put that capital into sprucing, er cedaring up the park.

What if a guy with a suit on sporting a hard hat that said "Huss" on it came up to you and said, "Sir, is this where we're installing the new ride? (pointing at the area behind The Beast) You know, the new ride for next year? Here, I have the contracts; do you know where I can get find Mr. Kinzel? I think he forgot to sign form 4B... " Then would you believe?

I highly doubt that HUSS will be building any new rides for a while considering they just filed for bankruptcy. Though they will probably start a new company with all their old patents and designs, it will probably take some time.