A hint of the new ride

Lion Sleeps Tonight

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt that HUSS will be building any new rides for a while considering they just filed for bankruptcy. Though they will probably start a new company with all their old patents and designs, it will probably take some time.

That would be awesome if they did. For some reason I always have a soft spot for HUSS rides. wub.gif

I know the frisbee being built at Canobie Lake Park got held up at customs because of the bankruptcy. They had already recieved some pieces - but were still waiting on others. For this reason I doubt that unless the park already has the complete ride in storage somewhere - we won't be getting a HUSS.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Like I have been saying, look for infastructure improvements. Repairs, Paint, General Maintence, Cleaning, and Landscaping. Hey maybe even some Windex on the giant mirrors in the FOF building, some new wood in The Vortex Station, working animatronics on AE and IJ:ST and a SOB that can opperate the entire year.

What more could you want? A new ride that will only partial work after a seasson *cough* TR:TR, IJ:ST *cough*

I would think that if they planned on doing capital improvements at Great America (new wave pool), waterpark renovation at Kings Dominion, then there was some money set aside for KI for some new addition (not just new paint). Hopefully some announcement will happen soon. Cedar Fair has made only 2 announcements out of all their amusement parks. Let hope they have more planned for the chain next year than the coasters at Cedar Point and Valleyfair. If not, then maybe the other parks really are helping to flip the bill for Cedar Point attractions (that would suck).

come to think of it, looking back- I bet Paramount was planning to move our FOF. At the beginning of the season hadn't they removed several items from the area including, but not limited to completely removing the camera viewing area? And if I'm not mistaken, those things have returned.

CedarFair does not use their other parks to foot the bill for the coasters at Cedar Point.

Example

Patriot

Talon

Steel Venom

Xcelerator

Silver Bullet

Hydra the Revenge

Just to name a few. Wish KI had something like any of thsoe.

I don't know if Cedar Fair uses financial resources (at times) from other parks for Cedar Point improvements. But, I don't understand how listing some coasters from other Cedar Fair parks prove they don't take money from other parks for Cedar Point? I didn't say they never spent money on the other parks, I was just questioning weather or not the income made at a park is only spent for that park? Does anyone know?

All three of those coasters are pretty decent. But a giga coaster would be nice, if not a dramatic move by CF as it could steal a little bit of CP's thunder. But I honestly don't have much hope for seeing anything in the way of a new attraction for KI. Considering how expensive the purchase was for CF, and putting in Maverick at CP and Valleyfair's new attraction, they are dropping a lot of cash right now. Which is probably why they went ahead and let Paramount go ahead with what they had planned for 2007. Good luck with seeing anything major, though.

-S

And that is complete nonsense. Their new product for next year, as has been discussed numerous times before, was already decided upon before Cedar Fair purchased the park. Cedar Fair said that it would honor those commitments which means that the SoB incident will not impact what the park gets next year. Realistically, the park probably budgets a large amount of money for maintenance on their wood coasters. The plus side is that all the repairs were likely done in house by PKI`s woo coaster maintenance crew as opposed to an outside company, which saves on the labor costs associated with the repairs. Depending who the state finds at fault for the accident, could mean that Kings Island would not have to pay for repairs, but let its insurance company help pay for the repairs.

The state may find a cause of the accident, but I'd be shocked if they attributed fault to a particular party or parties...especially since there is litigation underway. State agencies are usually very careful to not become expert witnesses in pending litigation. I'd be even more surprised if the insurance covered losses to the ride structure due to defective design or maintenance, as opposed to fire or wind damage...

Yes. But, if it is bad design or wood, that definantely would be good for the park in collecting their money from the lawsuit. The finances of the repair I`m sure are being footed by the park, at least for now. The question that I`m sure they will look at is do they keeping sinking money into this ride with only marginal returns on their investment and on what some consider a mediocre (at best) ride.

It will be interesting to see how the ride is running next spring. It only ran for about a month and a half this year, after undergoing extensive rehab in the offseason.

But the repairs to SoB, likely will have no impact on the new attraction at the park next season.

I agree that Son of Beast should have no impact on the capital investments for next year...but I point out that the park already has a judgment against the originally selected builder of the ride...a judgment that, at last report, they had been unable to collect a single dime on....how more judgments for more money would help them when they can't collect on the one they have is beyond me. The last I checked, you can't get blood out of a turnip.

Not a giga just a hyper metal nice relaxing a couple looper kind of coaster. Very long, not to steal our parents Cedar Point but we need 2 decent coasters and heck maybe even one additional wooden coaster over the years. But nice start would be B& m and to quit taking out rides . Me and my wife was there the other day and saw old king cobra seats Great to see them as a display!!!

To a new coaster: