Just wondering....who is still around?

Plutoboy

Hello all...I'm new to this site however not new to PKi or KI as I worked for them from 1986-1996. I was just curious if anyone knows if Barb Reed, Bill Ossim, Craig Ross or Bill Balfour were still with the park?? Barb was Merchandise Manager, Bill O. was Ride and Operations, Bill B was entertainment and Craig was VP of Resale.

I was at the park last August 2005 and ran into Doug Kramer but never had a chance to ask about the others.

Thanks and here's to a brighter future for PKI!!!!

• Like 2

Thanks for the info. I liked Bill B alot he was a good guy so it's unfortuante that he's not there any longer. The Craig Ross move is kind of surprising ohmy.gif but glad to see he is still there as well. He always treated me very well.

Anyone have info on the others I asked about??

• Like 1

Bill Ossim is no longer with the park. Not sure of the exact year (late 90's), but he accepted a promotion and moved to Vegas to run Star Trek: The Experience for several years. I know he is no longer out there - I think he may have accepted a job outside of the park industry at that point.

• Like 1

• 9 years later...

And I believe that Bill Balfour is now doing work with EnterTRAINment Junction up in West Chester.

When I was hired at KI in 1972 as a litter gitter, I remember working with a Bill Balfour.  I wonder if he is the same person and does anyone know when he was first hired at the Park and in what position? When I viewed his picture the Entertainment Junction website, it sure looks like him. Just wondering.....

• Like 2

And for those who don't know, a 1099 is an information return supplied to a recipient and the IRS and relevant state, territory, District, county, city &c. to, among others, an independent contractor (as opposed to an employee--who would get a W-2).

The chief differences between employees and independent contractors are in benefits, taxes, control and direction. The IRS formerly had a 20 part test that had to be met before a worker could be treated as an independent contractor as opposed to employee. It's now been replaced by a "simpler" three part one with 11 factors.

Because independent contractors cost less, some employers try to characterize some employees as contractors. Generally, independent contractors provide their own tools and supplies, decide when or even if to work...Explained rather simply by a state applying federal rules:

http://www.twc.state.tx.us/news/efte/appx_d_irs_ic_test.html

Terp, who is not now engaged in the private practice of certified public accounting, tax law, bookkeeping (I put that in as I like the three consecutive sets of double letters), financial advising or teaching any of those topics to the general public. No specific professional advice is intended herein, nor is a professional/client relationship formed by the reading hereof. Seek the advice of a professional, competent and certified, should you have, or think you may have, a tax, legal, financial, medical, mental or emotional problem (or combination thereof). If you've read this far, have a cuppa. This is a disclaimer.

• Like 3

And for those who don't know, a 1099 is an information return supplied to a recipient and the IRS and relevant state, territory, District, county, city &c. to, among others, an independent contractor (as opposed to an employee--who would get a W-2).

The chief differences between employees and independent contractors are in benefits, taxes, control and direction. The IRS formerly had a 20 part test that had to be met before a worker could be treated as an independent contractor as opposed to employee. It's now been replaced by a "simpler" three part one with 11 factors.

Because independent contractors cost less, some employers try to characterize some employees as contractors. Generally, independent contractors provide their own tools and supplies, decide when or even if to work...Explained rather simply by a state applying federal rules:

http://www.twc.state.tx.us/news/efte/appx_d_irs_ic_test.html

Terp, who is not now engaged in the private practice of certified public accounting, tax law, bookkeeping (I put that in as I like the three consecutive sets of double letters), financial advising or teaching any of those topics to the general public. No specific professional advice is intended herein, nor is a professional/client relationship formed by the reading hereof. Seek the advice of a professional, competent and certified, should you have, or think you may have, a tax, legal, financial, medical, mental or emotional problem (or combination thereof). If you've read this far, have a cuppa. This is a disclaimer.

Yeah... What he said.
  • Like 7