2007 Season Passes On Sale Now!

Paramount Canada's Wonderland website has parking passes for $28.50 why doesn't PKI or any of the other Paramount parks have them listed on their website? Why are prices and passes varying from park to park if the parks are all Paramount parks? Why are they not doing things like last year? If you buy your pass they should give you a voucher for next year or give you your card and let you keep your old card to use for the remainder of the season. Cedar Fair bought the Paramount rights and Nickelodeon rights why drop the name? I bought my season pass last season in the Fall and they gave me my pass right away that same day and they didn't take my old pass. I'm not giving them my old pass when the season isn't over yet. How will I get into the park and use my parking pass?

Because the park is not open to the public until the 24th they have almost 3 weeks to worry about how they are going to handle the parking passes. I have not seen anything about season passes for Geauga Lake or Cedar Point yet. It is still possible there will be an Ohio parking pass its too early to tell. My guess is we will find out about Cedar Points pricing on thursday so I suspect we will know then if there will be two differant parking passes or not.

Cstrwomann, don't assume the Cedar Fair parks will be doing things like the Paramount Parks are so far. For one thing, Paramount Parks ALWAYS offered in park processing when you bought the season before, whereas Cedar Fair sold vouchers and processed the following year. Paramount Parks has always offered free or very inexpensive season pass parking with a pass renewal. Cedar Fair, to my knowledge, has not, except at Dorney, where season passes INCLUDE parking.

Both Cedar Fair and Paramount have always had very different prices from park to park. Worlds of Fun passes, for example, have sold for as little as $49.95 in recent years. Cedar Fair has usually priced Cedar Point passes at far more than, say, Valleyfair or Worlds of Fair. They've also put a lot more investment in to those more attended parks. (Which came first, the chicken or the egg?)

Carowinds passes have been among Paramount's least expensive, while Kings Island is usually the most expensive at Paramount. Cedar Fair has always been concerned that people will buy passes at one park (not their "home" park) and use them most frequently at another, more expensive park. It is a legitimate concern.

That all being said, there is no reason they shouldn't SELL a chainwide (or at least Ohio wide) parking pass.

And I don't think you are going to get free season pass parking at Kings Island UNLESS you turn in your 06 Paramount Pass. It's Cedar Fair's park. You don't want to follow their rules, you don't have to. But they don't have to allow you the privileges they have established for renewing passholders, either.

They are giving paper vouchers that will get you into the park for the rest of this year. Then, next spring, you will be able to redeem your voucher for your photo ID.

At this time, they have not announced any plans for pass holder perks. (Although they had orginally released that there would be some perks like Early Ride times, Walk on Weekends, and Bring a Friend Free Days) I`m assuming they are reevaluating these perks. Hopefully some of them stick around for next year.

If I buy a season pass for Paramount Kings Island I can only go to Paramount Kings Island? Are the Gold pass perks still included with the pass? I'll just wait to renew my pass until the middle of October. Are they giving vouchers or cards to you when you renew?

Yes, a Cedar Fair Maxx Pass will only get you in to PKI if you buy it at PKI for the rest of the season. It will be good at all Cedar Fair ride amusement parks in 07.

The pass they are giving is paper but it's the same size as your old pass and looks like one.

I really question this. The Paramount Parks pass purchased for 2006 allowed access to ALL Paramount Parks for ALL of 2006. Buying a MAXX pass for next year doesn't mean you have to give up the right to go to other Paramount Parks for the rest of the season.

If they ARE doing this, they need to rethink this. That's industrial strength dumb and VERY poor public relations. Then again, it IS Cedar Fair we are talking about; the same company that was NOT going to honor DARE and scholarship tickets to Geauga Lake that Six Flags had issued before the sale, until it came out in the media. Then they backtracked and changed their minds. PRONTO.

That is NOT the deal that passholders bought when they purchased a 2006 Season Pass.  The park might want to rethink what it is doing, if they are really going to enforce that.  In the past, passholders have filed class action lawsuits (and prevailed) in situations that were amazingly similar to this one.

I remember hearing about one of those lawsuits a whileback..... blink.gif

And I am relatively sure that if you show up at another Paramount Park with a Maxx temporary pass, they are going to let you in. . .not charge you for the privilege. Same story with a Kings Island pass for next year...but only this season? I don't know on that one and can see that going either way. But for someone to pay for access to ALL Paramount Parks this year and ALL Cedar Fair dry parks next year to NOT be allowed in Paramount Parks the rest of this year except for the one where they purchased the pass? That makes NO sense at all.