Seatbelts on The Beast

pkifreak

Take a ride in the very backseat of The Beast, you won't even notice you have a seatbelt on.

Because you'll be in too much pain to care.

My fiancee and I rode last seat based on someone's suggestion we were chatting with in line...we both carried bruises for a few days (not exaggerating).

I suspect that was not recently.

Last year and this year, I would contend that the very back seat on The Beast has been smoother than any seat on The Racer.

• Like 1

Take a ride in the very backseat of The Beast, you won't even notice you have a seatbelt on.

My fiancee and I rode last seat based on someone's suggestion we were chatting with in line...we both carried bruises for a few days (not exaggerating).

Last year and this year, I would contend that the very back seat on The Beast has been smoother than any seat on The Racer.

I sometimes fear as if The Racer may be on its way out. Carrowinds removed Thunder Road, and King Island removed the Coney mall sign. Also when was the last time The Racer received massive track work like The Beast?
  • Like 1

What saves Racer (in my mind) is that it's location doesn't scream easily developed land. Having been on the other side of the coaster the land is not leveled and would require a capital investment to make it park expansion able. That being said though it could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I definitely agree with this.  We rode The Beast 4x Saturday, and each time we were either in the last row, or at least the last car.  It was considerably smoother than I remember it being on my last visit a few years ago.  

• Like 3

To my knowledge, Racer receive quite a bit of track work a few seasons back.    I rode The Beast this past Friday, and thought the ride was quite enjoyable.  Still one of my favorite wooden coasters.  Of course I rode it at night, and there is nothing quite like a night ride on The Beast at night through the woods.  

• Like 7

I sometimes fear as if The Racer may be on its way out. Carrowinds removed Thunder Road, and King Island removed the Coney mall sign. Also when was the last time The Racer received massive track work like The Beast?
Racer still pulls in ridership as well. Racer had a full que over filling on the Midway Saturday.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

The Racer offers such a different ride, I highly doubt they'll remove it.

It's so clanky .

The Beast, though wooden, has those thick timbers, but The Racer is just wonderful that it's got a relatively small frame, small cars, and even though it's well maintained, it gives the illusion of being rickety.

I love the airtime, and I love the false feeling of nearly going off the track.

And, as stated before, the line is always steadily full.

• Like 1

It was July of this year.

Racer still pulls in ridership as well. Racer had a full que over filling on the Midway Saturday.

I think everything had a full que Saturday

• Like 2

I think everything had a full que Saturday
Except for The Bat, at least when I rode it, which was around midnight. The station was eerily quiet. I would absolutely hate for The Racer to go. Out of all ride removals that many of us are still saddened by, like the Antique Cars and perhaps Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal, removing The Racer would be a huge and extremely painful loss for the park. Aside from the Eiffel Tower and the Royal Fountains, The Racer made Kings Island what it is, and helped revive the coaster industry in the United States, as it was the first traditional thrilling coaster built in the U.S. since 1947.

Huh?

Blue Streak?

Big Dipper at Camden Park?

And that's just two off the top of my head.

I got that off the CET documentary about the park. Cedar Point and Camden Park were already existing parks in 1972. The Six Flags parks didn't open with major roller coasters when they started springing up in the 60's. When The Racer opened along with Kings Island in 1972, the other new parks took the hint when they saw the queue lines filling up. Six Flags Over Georgia opened The Great American Scream Machine in 1973 as a result of The Racer's popularity (while that probably wasn't the main reason for GASM opening, it was most likely a contributing factor.).

The Racer wasn't technically the first major coaster to be built since 1947, but it was one of the first to open with a new park. It helped spark the coaster building boom, which almost 20 years later evolved into the coaster wars. Had it never opened at all, many of the coasters on the market now from Intamin, B&M, Rocky Mountain Construction, just to name a few, wouldn't be here.

• Like 3

What saves Racer (in my mind) is that it's location doesn't scream easily developed land. Having been on the other side of the coaster the land is not leveled and would require a capital investment to make it park expansion able. That being said though it could happen.

Im sure the worlds tallest looping shuttle coaster could fit on Racers land! I see it now, "Screamin' Demon 500".

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...