Kings Island 9/04/06

hauntguy

Hey guys,

Just got back from the park and WOW... a nearly perfect day! Not too hot, not too cool.

Started the day out (around 12) with IJ:ST... still one of the best rides in the park. Line was short too, we only had to wait about 30 minutes to ride this. Then we headed to The Beast. I cannot get enough of this ride! It was making some wierd noises... like the wheels making direct contact with the wood instead of the metal track.... that kind of noise. But still an insanely great ride.

The my friend and I walked over to the "Rivertown Mining Company" to say "hi" to some Ent. guys... the house is looking GREAT! Also... you can clearly see some new "paint jobs" done to the exterior of the building...heehee!

Then we stopped by Associate Services and I picked up my ID. Nothing too special here but I did get to see some props stored away for Fearfest.

Then we ate at Festhaus... same old... pizza and a mello-yellow.

Then off to Adventure Express... which was running strangely 'faster' today! But it's still another one of my favorites.

Then too Vortex... great!

Lastly we rode Delireum... and still ANOTHER great ride at KI! That was the perfect top-off to our day. Ahhh....

Now, just can't wait until Fearfest! -Hauntguy

Yes, I was at the park today from around 10am until 5:30. It was a perfect day. And to my surprised, the crowds were relatively light for it being a holiday weekend. The longest line I had to wait in was forty-five minutes, and that was for Drop Zone in mid afternoon. By the time I left, I had been on all the major coasters (including Face Off and IJST), as well as TR:TR.

I never made it over by Rivertown and the logflume. The closest I came is when we stopped and ate at Potato Works by the train station. I did see that the facade for last year`s R.L. Stine`s Fear Street has gone up. It also looks like they have begun to set up Maze of Madness as there were pallets with some random materials outside of the building that it is traditionally held in.

I can say today was nice, warm out and good. But NU had about 300 pounds of popcorn drop on it today. We have found more cans to put out, to help with trash control, or trash level. You should have been there on Saturday, the park was just packed stoled. Glad you guys enjoyed your day today! cowboy.gif

Well, Avatar was running today when I was up in the Tower around five.

I do have one slight gripe, and that is trash cans that have no lids on them. Isn`t it common for them to have at least some sort of lid on them to attempt to conceal the trash that they are holding? I saw numerous places where they just had the standard trash can, with no lid of any sort to conceal the trash.

Nothing seemed to be going on with Son of Beast. Although they still have a worker staffed at the entrance to the ride.

Thats cool it was a good day. I went yesterday, and rode nothing. The lines and crowds were horrendous. Vortex line was totally full and was backed up past Troika. FOFs queue was full and had line stretching out the entrance. For the first time ever I saw IJST and Delirium queues totally full - with lines stretching out both.

We really enjoyed the lights on the buildings on International Street, it really gives the Park a real festive atmosphere. All we need is to have Winterfest every couple of years so we can get back some of our neglected features that a few of us guest enjoy!

Well, the speakers on the train were added last year for WinterFest. Just one of the many leftover benefits that will remain in the park after WinterFest was cancelled. The other being the new sound system on International Street as well as the lights on the buildings again.

I'm pretty sure the newer Boss sound system predated Winterfest by a few years.