Fear Fest 2000

PkiJake13

In 2000 a man named Lynton V. Harris was the mastermind of the attractions at the event. His company, The Sudden Impact! Ent. Company owns the attractions, themes, etc. These SAME attractions can still be found TODAY....

http://www.suddenimpactentertainment.com/

http://www.nightmaresx.com/

He came in, set-up, trained, etc. Just as he does to every other event he's in charge of. The attractions are all designed with STARTLE in mind and scenic elements from the movies.

The Attractions:

The Sewer in 3D, located at the Festhaus.

The Freezer, located under Eiffel Tower.

Museum of Terror (could be wrong on name), rethemed PT.

Trail of Terror, now "PsychoPath"

Capt. Jack and the Legend of Halloween 3D, Paramount Theater

Tower of Terror, located atop of Eiffel Tower

The Mummy, located in Hanna-Barbara Theater next to PT.

I think that MIGHT be it... but somebody might know ALOT more.

Yes, the park itself was HEAVILY themed and kreepers ran a-muck. The park was truely a living, breathing nightmare.

It was also the first event of it's kind at KI. The first of ANYTHING is ALWAYS the best. So, with that... KI has (on it's own) operated Fearfest to it's best ability. This year, I believe will be equal or WILL TOP the '00 event! Only time can, and will, tell! -Hauntguy

I've been wanting to say this for a while, but i've sat back and held my tounge.

Cedar Fair really has nothing to do with this year's Fear Fest, they are not doing anything that wasnt already in the works for this year. They are not bringing in any different people to build or design the attractions, it is all the same people who hve been doing it at PKI for the last couple of years. These people have been working hard to improve FF and if it is better this year it is really because of them, not Cedar Fair.

So if it's not better this year, that's no reflection on Cedar Fair?

Sorry, Cedar Fair now OWNS Kings Island.

And owners are responsible for their properties. And their success. Or lack thereof.

Not one thing will or won't happen at Kings Island from now on unless Cedar Fair either wants it to happen or lets it happen.

And that's the way it is.

Also another thing in 2000 was that you had to pay an extra $20 beyond the park admission for Fear Fest which kept alot of the lines down which leads to a better time. I didn't get a chance to do all the fear fest things in 2000 but the ones that I did do were great.

I think Fear Fest 2006 should be one of the best fear fest to come!

In 2000 a man named Lynton V. Harris was the mastermind of the attractions at the event. His company, The Sudden Impact! Ent. Company owns the attractions, themes, etc. These SAME attractions can still be found TODAY....

http://www.suddenimpactentertainment.com/

http://www.nightmaresx.com/

He came in, set-up, trained, etc. Just as he does to every other event he's in charge of. The attractions are all designed with STARTLE in mind and scenic elements from the movies.

The Attractions:

I think that MIGHT be it... but somebody might know ALOT more.

Yes, the park itself was HEAVILY themed and kreepers ran a-muck. The park was truely a living, breathing nightmare.

It was also the first event of it's kind at KI. The first of ANYTHING is ALWAYS the best. So, with that... KI has (on it's own) operated Fearfest to it's best ability. This year, I believe will be equal or WILL TOP the '00 event! Only time can, and will, tell! -Hauntguy

How awsome that fearfest was now I think FF is nothing more than a misdeed done wrong 2002-2003 were awful..last years was really cool but one cannot forget about FearFest 2000 it was just simply awsome.

FearFest 2002 wasn`t bad, as that was the last one that had a seperate admission charge. However, 2003 was absolutely aweful. They stripped away most of the in park theming besides in the haunts, had virtually no roaming scaractors, and no fog on the midways. This was done because they thought that the park should remain more "family friendly" even during the evening hours, with all the scary stuff reserved for the houses. Needless to say, in 2004, they began to remedy that. By last year, FearFest was a significant improvement over 2003. I personally never attended FearFest in 2000.

HauntGuy,

I could not agree more with your description of the 2000 FearFest. Absolutely amazing. I honestly had never seen so much fog before and can only imagine what the fog bill was. Also I feel that because PsychoPath stayed I feel that it has never lived up to the first year nor in its current state will it.

Bring back the massive amounts of fog, the decerations everywhere, the actors throughout the park, and forget the family friendly stuff after dusk.

I just remember how amazing it was walking in to the park during 2000 at dusk and seing how I-Street had transformed, it has never looked that good since. The erie glow over the park and the foggy haze. Not to mention the haunts were first rate and acted very well.

I Understand why paramount made FearFest family-friendly in 2003 I know I dont want my kid seeing that crap and I'm glad it stayed in the haunted houses.( No offense to those of you that attend fearfest)

I wish Cedar Fair would make FearFest like Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween at WDW that way the whole family could attend it in the evening hours.

^

^

^

Thank you very much

I also would not refer to it as "that crap" because honestly besides some skeletons, fog, and other halloween props it is not gory or disgusting at Cedar Point outside of the haunted houses. So if you find this stuff offensive than enjoy the entire day at the park with your family and then leave at 8.

Lets compare Mickeys with Universals. Whose is a bigger draw and more talked about. Popular doesn't always mean better, but in the world of business it equals more dollar signs. Cedar Point will stay with what works and I am glad about that.

I could go on a rant right now, but this is not the forum nor the topic.

I hope that for the sake of FearFest that Kings Island regains some of the terror it had in 2000's FearFest and stops trying to please everyone, because from the lines and the crowds 2000 was pretty successful without the family friendly approach. Not to mention the scaretainment was fabulous.

I've been wanting to say this for a while, but i've sat back and held my tounge.

Cedar Fair really has nothing to do with this year's Fear Fest, they are not doing anything that wasnt already in the works for this year. They are not bringing in any different people to build or design the attractions, it is all the same people who hve been doing it at PKI for the last couple of years. These people have been working hard to improve FF and if it is better this year it is really because of them, not Cedar Fair.

You seem to know your stuff in the ent department, so maybe you can answer this question: Last year, Jeff teased that Fearfest was getting a major overhaul. It would mainly be the environment rather than the actual houses. Do you know if this still went through?

^

^

^

Thank you very much

I also would not refer to it as "that crap" because honestly besides some skeletons, fog, and other halloween props it is not gory or disgusting at Cedar Point outside of the haunted houses.  So if you find this stuff offensive than enjoy the entire day at the park with your family and then leave at 8.

Lets compare Mickeys with Universals.  Whose is a bigger draw and more talked about.  Popular doesn't always mean better, but in the world of business it equals more dollar signs.  Cedar Point will stay with what works and I am glad about that.

I could go on a rant right now, but this is not the forum nor the topic.

I hope that for the sake of FearFest that Kings Island regains some of the terror it had in 2000's FearFest and stops trying to please everyone, because from the lines and the crowds 2000 was pretty successful without the family friendly approach.  Not to mention the scaretainment was fabulous.

No I was refering to the blood and gore when I said ''that crap'' as a dad I dont want my kids seeing that if you are a father I'm sure you would understand... I dont mind Pumpkins,bats, etc. those are the thing I LOVE about halloween I just dont like the blood and gore to me blood and gore has nothing to do with halloween.I was just saying that 2003's FearFest was more family-friendly than others no need to get huffy.

You seem to know your stuff in the ent department, so maybe you can answer this question:  Last year, Jeff teased that Fearfest was getting a major overhaul.  It would mainly be the environment rather than the actual houses.  Do you know if this still went through?

I personally am not going to divulge the plans for this year. Somethings that were originally scheduled (that Jeff was hinting at) are not happening anymore. BUT.....Yes, there is going to be more stuff going on, and most of the new stuff is going to be in the way of Atmospheric stuff to improve the overall environment of FearFest. Everything from the entry way into the park to your trip throughout the midways, new interactions, scares, and entertainment are going to be all over.

As for the people who say that they wish FearFest was more for the family......well, it is, during the day. From 11am to 7pm every operating day (including Sunday which has no haunts) There are family activities all over. This year there will be even more including live entertainment and other fun stuff for you and your family to do. The majority of the day during FearFest is actually geared toward family if you really sit down and think about it. So....enjoy your morning and afternoon with the family stuff and leave the haunts for the people who enjoy them at night. But please dont expect or ask the park to remove them....we dont ask for the family stuff to be removed just because we dont enjoy it.

From what I have been told.... this years Fearfest (if these are the things Cedar Fair left to happen) will be at a "Halloween Horror Nights" caliber (spelling?). Of course, only the "in charge" guys know exactly what is happening and what's not. But I hope that CF only put the axe on smaller things that might not have been noticed and left the BIG surprises in place. -Hauntguy

ok, this years fearfest will hopefully be good, better than the past years, people need to understand that companies have budgets, so fearfest 2005 might not have been as good.. but wouldnt you rather have one great super scary i think im gonna pee my pants horror year than 2 o that was scary but it could have been scarier type years... im just tryin to keep a positive outlook on things.. i have faith in ki and i am happy every year with what the bring to the public. and i know that ki will have a kick butt i think im gonna pee my pants year this year... i cant wait!!!

collin

The Attractions:

The Trail of Terror and Creepers did not come along until 2001.

The Mummy was pretty much the same as the curse of the crypt and the freezer was the Maze of Madness, just located under the tower.

Tower of Terror was a joke. Here you go get off with an elevator full of people and walk around the top of the tower and then wait in a big group to go back down the elevator. It was different not at all scary.

Well the line for the Tower was huge. The ride up in the elevator was very cool, because once the lights hit the glass windows you saw bloody handprints covering the glass. Once at the top the attraction was longer than expected. They had quite a few twists and turns and a few scenes where the actors would stop you and make you watch them torture their victims. All in all a very good attraction, my wife still says it was the scariest attraction ever. Think that had to do with the fact they would try and pin guests along the outside wall so you had to look down and that they sent through very small groups. Very up close and personal haunt. Very cool attraction, unfortuantely the lines and capacity were the issue.

Think that had to do with the fact they would try and pin guests along the outside wall so you had to look down and that they sent through very small groups.

If only they could have done the original plan of removing part of the floor and making the guests walk over a plexi-glass floor. That would have been really scary!

There was also quite a bit of banging (hard) on the tower's floor. In fact, the next year, one of the two floors was closed to the public and subsequently replaced. Rumor had it damage was caused during Fearfest, and there hasn't been such an attraction up there since...There was also one of them thar execution chairs up there.