FearFest website up!

StXsteven

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually "The Wasteland" fear zone is not happening. That scare zone is being replaced by a scarezone called "Holiday Horror"

They may be making that switch to the website, that would be my guess as to why the site might be down again.

the wasteland actually sounds pretty cool.. sad to see it get cut so soon... but does any one have info on holiday horror sounds even cooler! soo if the change is true when will it appear on the site..... the could use the winterfest decor for holiday horror..lol

Anyone know anything about Monster Bash in the Paramount Theatre? (PLEASE tell me it's better than Jason's Extreme Cuts II) What about the Starbucks thing? What could they possibly do with that?

I also noticed that no one's made mention of the ScareZone, "The Work Site":

Vacant for years, this worksite has remained untouched and forgotten since the day when something went disastrously wrong. Some say there was an explosion, others report complete darkness, but all agree that spirits remain. No one knows what or who could still be left. We dare you to enter this undiscovered path of wreckage. Many years have passed since the disaster, yet no one will take on the challenge. Do you have what it take to make it out alive?

Now THAT sounds cool!

I found this under the general info page of the site-- anybody have an idea what it could be??

Will the restaurants be open?

Yes, you can plan to feed your fears and your selves. You can even eat AL FRESCO ... or any other members of the Fresco family! New for 2006, check our our FearFEAST! (link to FearFeast page).

Also, are they going to give out walk on tickets for some haunted houses? (I think they did last year for fear street)

Finally does anyone know what happened to Curse of the Crypt? They didn't have it last year OR this year and it was in my oponion one of the freakiest attractions and one of my favorites.

What's interesting is that both FearFest and Halloween Horror Nights have roughly the same number of attractions.

Kings Island FearFest has a total of 12 attractions (not including Thrill Rides) with 6 mazes (Massacre Manor,Cowboy Carnage, PsychoPath, Circus of Horrors 3D, Headless Hollow, and The Asylum), 3 scare zones (The Work Site, cornSTALKERS, and Waste Land or Holiday Horror), and 3 shows (Monster Bash, Witch/Werewolf, and the FearFest Band).

Universal's Halloween Horror Nights Sweet 16 has 13 attractions (not including Thrill Rides) with 7 mazes (Screamhouse Resurrection, People Under the Stairs: UNDER CONSTRUCTION, All-Nite DrIvE In Take 2, Dungeon of Terror Retold, PsychoScareapy Maximum Madness, Psycho Path: The Return of Norman Bates, and RUN Hostile Territory) 3 scare zones (technically 4 with Horror Comes Home, Deadtropolis: Zombie Siege, Harvest of the Souls, and Blood Masquerade), and 3 shows (The Arrival, Sweet 16: The Director's Cut, and Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure).

So is Holiday Horror final? And does this mean the three scare zones at FF mean re-theming Action Zone, Coney Mall, and Rivertown?

Dont take everything on that website as the gospel truth, there are a few mistakes which mainly stem from old information.

As has been stated here before The Asylum will NOT be under the tower. Yes, that was the original plan for this year, but it was cut after Cedar Fair did the mass lay-offs earlier last month which took some key players out of the FearFest design game. (and, btw, it was NEVER planned for the 50' level)

Holiday Horror is final. Im not going to give out all the information surrounding it, but it is going to be the other FearZone. I would not go as far as saying that the 3 scarezones mean re-themeing of entire areas of the park, but as we have seen in the past (Cornstalkers, and the scarezones the first/second year) They are transforming part of the midway paths.

As I said before, this year there is going to be a lot more going on, including the new shows and entertainment offerings, plus a bunch of stuff on International Street as the "arrival experience."

Plus on the other side of FearFEST, the family stuff during the day.....there is going to be a lot more added for that event as well. More interaction, more entertainment, including new shows.

That kinda stinks if Holiday Horror is taking the place of Wasteland.  Really sounded like a great idea and Im not real big on the idea of a scarezone that sounds like a bad Tim Burton rip off. 

I agree with you RailRider that scarezone sounds tacky and stupid...Holiday Horror... what's it have ? I know !! a gaint turkey chasin people around the park!

Tom Turkeys Revenge laugh.gif

Guys,

You don't even have the slightest clue as to what's happening. So before you post any thoughts on what you may or may not like... wait for an up-to-date release or just wait for Fearfest.

Like I said an Easter Bunny eating people...

http://bump.11345.com/detail.php?item_id=351148

Or a child murdering Santa Clause...

http://bump.11345.com/detail.php?item_id=350666

I am sure it's going to be scary... if not disturbing!

So just wait... Holiday Horror could be the scariest fearzone this year! -Hauntguy

Exactly... different people have different fears. Mine actually are like evil holiday creatures! For some reason leprechauns and easter bunnies ALWAYS freak me out! But none-the-less... no one knows anything until it's made official by the park. So just wait.... you ALL are going to have fun this October! -Hauntguy

It sounds like the park is increasing the live entertainment offerings outside the haunts and the Fear Zones, which is a good thing. Having gone to Winterfest where there were roaming performers throughout the park and live entertainment almost every where you looked, hopefully they are bringing some of those ideas to FearFest. If so, this year`s FearFest could be one of the best that Kings Island has ever had.

That bunny picture looks pretty sweet, I aso think the bunny from Donnie Darko is pretty creepy.

PKI is good with theming when they try, so I think they can pull off Holiday Horror but thats just IMO. I e-mailed PKI about the asylum deal, haven't gotten a response yet. Some of you claim its been moved back to ts FoF building, so what is the point of the name change? Has it been revamped?

They usually only change a name if its been moved or revamped..