Time:------------------------------Approx. 2 minutes, 30 seconds

Speed of First Drop:-------------Approx. 57 mph

Speed of Second Launch:-------Approx. 70 mph

Capacity:-------------------------Approx. 1,200 riders per hour

user posted image

Coaches:

-----------------Six 12-passenger trains

-----------------Three cars, with four seats per car, per train

-----------------Tiered seating on the coaster's cars for better viewing (similar to stadium seating)

Design:

Fiberglass and steel coaches with over-the-shoulder restraints and interlocking seat belts

user posted image

5.5 Acres

user posted image

$21 million

user posted image

Model:---------Launched full-circuit roller coaster

Structure:-----Steel tubular track

Features:

-----Linear synchronous motor launching system

-----95-degree first drop

-----Two launch areas

-----Two 360-degree corkscrew rolls

-----One 360-degree heartline roll

-----Eight airtime-filled hills

-----One 400-foot-long tunnel

-----10 banked turns, from 62 to 92 degrees

-----Magnetic, non-contact braking system

-----Elevated single load/unload station

Color Scheme:

-----Rust-colored track with brown support columns

Train colors:

Gold, Copper, Brass, Iron, Gunmetal and Silver

user posted image

-----Queue line utilizes White Water Landing loading/unloading station

-----On-ride photo sales

-----Track will go under the load/unload station

-----One of the steepest first drops on a roller coaster

-----First of its kind "Twisted Horseshoe Roll"

-----Fourth longest coaster at Cedar Point

-----Third most expensive roller coaster at Cedar Point

user posted image

IntaRide, LLC of Glen Burnie, Md.

user posted image

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a fun ride...I'm sure I'll like it a lot. The "ground hugging" nature of the design will really help to increase the sensation of speed. The visuals should be great in that location.

Although, this is one case where the enthusiast speculation & hype created such expectations that it makes it difficult for the actual announcement to live up to the buzz.

What's an LSM vs. an LIM? Does Hulk at IOA use LSMs?

In regards to the LSM vs LIM. Both accomplish the same thing in regards to launching a coaster, but a LSM is more efficeint, doesn't require roll backs because the LSM units act as their own braking system, and the LSM units provide more torque than an equal number of LIM units. Basically the LSM is the new technology that is becoming more and more favorable with builders. One draw back that it does have is that it requires very senstive senors when compared to the sensors that a LIM coasters uses. So timing and things like that can take a little tweaking to get done properly.

The Western Theme fits in well with the Frontier Trail and Frontier Town areas of the park.

I will be the first to admit that I expected more out of Maverick, but am in no way unhappy with what CP is putting in.

No more throwing Gas on the fire.... sad.gif

I can only speak for myself; I would much rather have a long ride with more attention paid to the details and the quality of the ride than ride a short rough coaster to just break new records. I am looking forward to going up to Cedar Point next year as I have never been there before. I knew that there was going to be a lot of super high thrill coaster to try out, but now with Maverick in the mix it sounds like I’ll have a coaster with more attention paid to the length and the special designed effects area’s of the coaster, as only Cedar Point can do.

Well seeing as how we cannot speculate and make outlandish claims and add to the rumor mill, I think that fire is now out, maybe just smoldering a little bit.

I think this will be a lot better than IJ:ST, just think if this was being built at KI how excited we would be because this would be a huge instalation for KI as compared to CP.

I was just checking out the Maverick website at CP.com and this honestly looks like a great ride. The trains look really great and I love the ride animation. I think I would categorize this as a Terrain Ultra Twister.

Anyone think they overpaid just a little bit? 3rd most expensive coaster at CP... Almost for what they paid for Millie.

Avatar, Concerning rough coasters, Cedar Point only has one coaster in my opinion that is really rough and that is Mean Streak. That thing just shakes and shakes, I honestly think it is worse than Son of Beast. Then again it is designed after Texas Giant, which is absolutely the roughest woddie I have ever been on. Hands down. I left the park after ridding that thing because of how sick I felt. Never had that happen before.

Edited by RailRider

^Railrider, wha happened to the wingwalker trains? wink.gif

In all fairness, I was saying that it was an aquatrax. Guess we are both terrible at figuring these things out.

All I gotta say is, this ride will kick butt and this is perfect timing for the PKIC trip next year.

PKIBeast thanks for kicking me when Im down

The layout and looked very similar to what PortAventura is building this year and it all made sense. I guess nobody counted on CP not breaking any records with a coaster. Still looks like a great ride, love the enclosed 2nd launch under the station aspect. Looks very cool.

I will only go on the trip if PKIBeast and I have free roam to spread rumors about parks and also allowed to use obsurd amounts of sarcasim wink.gif

Honestly, I think everyone will be impressed with what Cedar Fair will do for KI. They have put in some very nice rides at their other parks and I expect to see the same at KI. Plus KI may finaly get their first B&M or Intamin coaster in the next few years.

Just look at Xcelarator, Talon, and Patriot to just name of few of the excelent attractions Cedar Fair has instaled at their other parks. KI will not be shortchanged by this new ownership.

This just looks like a blast! No, it's not a record-breaker, but has Cedar Point ever failed to create a fun coaster in the past 10 years or so? A 95-degree drop sounds amazing and the speed, so close to the ground, is going to be so thrilling. How many rides go faster near the end than after the beginning?? cowboy.gif

It looks great thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Finally a coaster that can satisfy everyone (almost): people who want a lift hill, people who want a launch, people who want inversions, people who want airtime-filled hills, people who want a low to the ground terrain coaster, people who want tunnels, people who like their coasters to last more then 13 seconds, and people (such as myself) who just want theming! No records broken here except for most fun (maybe).

Personally, this is the coaster I've been waiting for since Millennium Force. I also love how they are paying tribute to Whitewater Landing by using the former queue and load/unload station as Maverick's queue. Which brings me to the next topic: Maverick's amazing station. I love its western theme and I love-love how the coaster goes under the station and is visible the guests in it!!!

Millennium is currently my favorite coaster but that might change next season!?

It looks like a great coaster with alot of hills, a long tunnel, alot of overbanked turns,and inversions. I thought it was going to be a Diving coaster, Aquatrax, or 4th dimension coaster so I'm a little bit disappointed but I'm sure it will be alot of fun. I'm not to happy it has inversions in it because they make me dizzy, but I'll try it next year anyway. They sure spent alot for a coaster of this size if it was me I would have built more of a record breaker to boost attendence. I like the theming also for the coaster. Good job Cedar Fair.

^

^

^

Ya know early on I thought the same thing. Build another record breaker and boost attendance, but I have been chewing on this all day.

Honestly Cedar Point has been building record breaker after record breaker, Millie, TTD, Wicked Twister, etc, but what has attendance done during this time frame? Actually it has gone down. Maybe Cedar Point has realized there are more folks out there that dont want to ride the fastest, highest, newest greates thing. Instead they want a better all around experience. Quite honestly they seem to have taken a play from Kings Islands play book. This honestly, like I have said before sounds like an IJ:ST on steriods. Well themed, great experience for everyone, thrilling, and of course 2 launches. I am wondering if we are going to see Cedar Point less on record breakers and more on overall rideabillity and the attraction itself.

I'm actually pretty exited. I mean...

1. Launched lift hill

2. Sweet sweet trick track

3. I've always wanted to see a heartline made that way =D

4. 2 stengal dives?

5. So much twisted airtime...

If this ride brings whats it claims to, it may just become my next undesputed #1 coaster...

I'm an adrenaline junky and I like the record breakers or something new and different that hardly anyone else has. I hope that the coasters they build in the future aren't all geared this way. It just seems like a let down after Millenium Force and Top Thrill Dragster to have a roller coaster of this nature. I was expecting more of a record breaker or something different like a diving coaster, 4th dimension, or Aquatrax coaster.

So, Railrider, are you considering going on the PKIC trip? We'd love to have you on board. With this new coaster, this is going to be one kick @*# trip. Not that it wasn't before, but a new coaster always helps.

I agree with an earlier poster who said that it probably won't be long before we see an Intamin or B&M coaster in the park. Who cares if it breaks records? Just give me a good ride. 2.5 minutes on Maverick sounds pretty good.

Plus, with the theming on Maverick, there's really nothing to keep up. Except for the water squirt, the rest of the theming is static.

Yeah I am still considering about the trip, but getting the time off work, getting the wife to get time off work and things like that make it dificult to commit to something in 2007. Still I would enjoy to go, but I will be a last minute addition. Also I need my PKIC name to be in Red Text wink.gif

Still Maverick will be ridden next year by Mr and Mrs RailRider, just possibly not with the PKIC group.

Well and CP does a better job with upkeep on what little themes they have and also with just general park apperance in general. Not knock KI, but CP is better.

This looks like such an awesome ride! A perfect addition to America's Rockin Roller Coast! Its like KI did IJST but crapped out on it - and CP said - look we'll show you how its done. Thrilling enough for the thrillseekers - but not too over the top for the family. Put that together with great theming and you really have a winner!

Ride on!

Honestly Cedar Point has been building record breaker after record breaker, Millie, TTD, Wicked Twister, etc, but what has attendance done during this time frame? Actually it has gone down. Maybe Cedar Point has realized there are more folks out there that dont want to ride the fastest, highest, newest greates thing. Instead they want a better all around experience. Quite honestly they seem to have taken a play from Kings Islands play book. This honestly, like I have said before sounds like an IJ:ST on steriods. Well themed, great experience for everyone, thrilling, and of course 2 launches. I am wondering if we are going to see Cedar Point less on record breakers and more on overall rideabillity and the attraction itself.[/color]

RailRider; I’m glad that you thought it over and maybe can reason out why they went with Maverick. I mean I like a great coaster and all, but sometimes something different and unique is great too. I haft to admit I do like IJST at Kings Island and would like it a lot better if it was longer and that they could get it working with all it’s features going at the same time (but it has a bad location).I love the idea of mixing interactive themes in with coasters. I think the public really likes to be entertained and there is an endless amount of imagination and ideas that mixed in to give us the best of both worlds, let us hope!!

You also mentioned that you might go on the trip and I hope you do. I also will haft to take off work to go and I’m mindful of others will haft to do the same, so a split over weekend & weekdays and also with the help of Admins it’ll be more than just bare bones to make it worth your time off,

I agree on that because a park is a lot better with more themed rides,coasters. You will get people to come to the park with the advertisement also for it. It makes the experience a lot better then just a boring out and back coaster or boring ride. I saw the video for Everest and it was amazing how they themed it. I'm wondering though how will they keep up the ride on themes for us in at KI,CP? You have to wonder how they keep up the affects on it so it won't wear away and become like our rides with all the theming all messed up,and parts of it not working,and weather having a affect on it in the winter time in the off-season. Just wondering how they will keep the ride the best way like when it first opens up. wink.gif

Looks like a great coaster. The only thing I can think of to make it a better ride was if they build a coaster like this in the woods of Kings Island with that rock wall. Odder Thing have happend. No this is not a rumor I just think that would be cool. cowboy.gif

Edited by Vortex

I just saw a preview of the new coaster on the news and it looks like it's got alot of theming, scenery, and hills in it. I can't wait to try it.They are calling it a ground terrain coaster are there anymore coasters of this nature or is this a new type of coaster? Cedar Point needs a themed coaster and a family attraction that everyone can ride. I hope everyone can enjoy it and it doesn't pull too many G's in the inversions that people grey out and can't ride it.

Does anyone else agree that it seems CP took some tips from IJST for this ride? I mean, look at the comparison...

1) Ride focused on theming rather than speed and height

2) 12 person trains

3) Launch in the middle of the ride

It looks like CF knew that IJST had potential, and fixed some of the issues that IJ has had (IE, more trains to make up for shorter trains, less maintenance needed for theming, faster launch mid-ride).

Anyone think they overpaid just a little bit? 3rd most expensive coaster at CP... Almost for what they paid for Millie.

I would attribute that to the fact that it's 4,450 feet of track compared to Millie's 6,595. And then there's all of the theming they'll be installing, plus 6 trains and a launch system and I'm sure the prices of construction and steel have raised a little in 6 years. So with all that adding up I can see it being pretty costly. They probably got to save a little by using the old station.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is the cookie-cutter Intamin trains. Looks just like MF and TTD's trains. I was hoping that with a western themed ride they'd maybe try a themed train to give it some kind of western style. At least the train colors won't be just Red, Blue and Yellow.